PDA

View Full Version : Help me out here

squid0812
09-02-2011, 01:58 AM
So i've been around firearms for quite sometime but, im just getting into comblock weapons and i have a few questions.

1. I bought an M74 Bulgarian sporter from a local gun store. The rifle has funtioned flawlessly despite my initial fears and i am quite happy with it. Ok.....so here is the question. It is my understanding that only the front trunnion,bolt,bolt carrier,gas piston,zig zagbreak, rear sight and gas tube are actually Bulgarian ande most important parts, (barrel/receiver/fire control group) are American, So....how can they actually call it Bulgaran?

2.The same rifle (M74) from J&G comes with a scope mount bracket, 4 30 round mags and is built on a NoDakSpud receiver. Mine was missing the scope mount, came with 2 30 rounders (1 Bulgarian and 1 chinese) and was built on a Armory Usa receiver. So.....the question is, how can the same rifle from the same importer differ so much from each distributor?

3. I have heard Armory Usa makes a damn good receiver. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks for your time fellas. I am sorry if some of this is redundant.

Schuetzenman
09-02-2011, 07:53 AM
So i've been around firearms for quite sometime but, im just getting into comblock weapons and i have a few questions.

1. I bought an M74 Bulgarian sporter from a local gun store. The rifle has funtioned flawlessly despite my initial fears and i am quite happy with it. Ok.....so here is the question. It is my understanding that only the front trunnion,bolt,bolt carrier,gas piston,zig zagbreak, rear sight and gas tube are actually Bulgarian ande most important parts, (barrel/receiver/fire control group) are American, So....how can they actually call it Bulgaran?

2.The same rifle (M74) from J&G comes with a scope mount bracket, 4 30 round mags and is built on a NoDakSpud receiver. Mine was missing the scope mount, came with 2 30 rounders (1 Bulgarian and 1 chinese) and was built on a Armory Usa receiver. So.....the question is, how can the same rifle from the same importer differ so much from each distributor?

3. I have heard Armory Usa makes a damn good receiver. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks for your time fellas. I am sorry if some of this is redundant.

They call it Bulgarian because the parent weapon was from Bulgaria. 5 years ago AKM demilled rifles would come with the original barrels and all the gas blocks and front sights mounted in place. BATFE didn't like US citizens building up weapons using the original barrels so they just decided to make all barrels on a demilled weapon kit contraband in status. So all barrels are now torch cut in 3 pieces. There are 16 countable parts (going off memory) under 922r law. That means any AKM that has a threaded barrel muzzle will need 6 US made parts to be legal to build, which leaves 10 foreign origin parts in the weapons construction. How the rifle can vary is probably due to what the wholesale customer wanted to spend on the weapons. The one that offers the scope rail and 4 mags probably was willing to pay the builder more. Armory USA receivers are 100% quality, but I don't believe they are in business anymore.

imanaknut
09-02-2011, 11:36 AM
As I have been complaining for years, it just lets you know how stupid some people are who think that a semi-auto rifle with 100% imported parts is pure evil and illegal, but replace enough parts with US made parts so that there are no more than 10 imported and the rifle becomes angelic and incapable of hurting anyone.

I am still trying to find the sporting clause in the second amendment, or any part of the constitution for that matter!

squid0812
09-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks for help. I don't understand that stupid 922r crap either. Just let me have my weapons and leave me f$%k alone.

If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words. "Unknown"

circuits
09-03-2011, 02:36 PM
I am still trying to find the sporting clause in the second amendment, or any part of the constitution for that matter!

Nut, I'm often amused by your harping on this, when the sporting clause only applies to imports, which the constitution definitely gives congress the authority to regulate. I agree it's just a silly rule, but it's got nothing to do with 2nd amendment issues. The "AW ban" or NFA 1934 are more appropriate targets for your scorn.