PDA

View Full Version : what's the deal!

squid0812
09-03-2011, 01:53 AM
What's the deal with Tapco? I've been hearing a lot of shit talking regarding Tapco and i'm just curious where it comes from.

My Tapco G2 trigger has been excellent as well as the side folder. I'm not sure about there mags but, is there something i am missing? Is any of the shit talk based in fact or is it just shit talk for the sake of shit talk?

imanaknut
09-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Most likely people that believe that if it doesn't come from the factory with the parts, the parts are junk.

The beauty of many aftermarket parts is that they allow you to customize a firearm in just the way you like it. Unfortunately with something like the AK, it's inherent beauty is that it has this certain look that just doesn't seem right when you stick a Tapco stock on it. Of course that is only if you happen to be a purist like me. But in my opinion it doesn't make the part bad, just wrong. ;)

I have always had good luck with Tapco parts, and in fact it is because of Tapco that my STG-58 functions perfectly.

squid0812
09-03-2011, 03:12 AM
Most likely people that believe that if it doesn't come from the factory with the parts, the parts are junk.

The beauty of many aftermarket parts is that they allow you to customize a firearm in just the way you like it. Unfortunately with something like the AK, it's inherent beauty is that it has this certain look that just doesn't seem right when you stick a Tapco stock on it. Of course that is only if you happen to be a purist like me. But in my opinion it doesn't make the part bad, just wrong. ;)

I have always had good luck with Tapco parts, and in fact it is because of Tapco that my STG-58 functions perfectly.

Well i definately understand where u are coming from. I'm a bit of a purist also however, the furniture that came with the Bulgy Sporter was horrible and had to be replaced. I replaced the foregrip with a UTG quad rail and the NATO length stock with aTapco side folder

stinker
09-03-2011, 07:26 AM
It's kind of comparable to different levels of quality in various models of cars. Any car will get you from point a to point b but the difference between a Lamborgini and a Chevy Volt is huge. A Volt will get you around just fine but it sure as hell aint getting you laid with six chicks at every stop.

You take a look at the quality of items like Krebs stuff and compare it to Tapco and there generally is no comparison really. Both will get the job done but the quality of Krebs workmanship and design just sets it a world apart. Tapco tends to be mass produced cheapness for most of the items i've seen but they are functional.

Ultimately it's all personal preference in the end. Buy what makes you happy.

FunkyPertwee
09-03-2011, 11:02 AM
The complaints about Tapco usually pertain to their plastic furniture and "tactical" accessories.

Tapco G2 triggers are very popular and work great. When you hear people talk shit about Tapco, it usually has nothing to do with their fire control group.

SouthernArmament
09-03-2011, 09:16 PM
yeah I agree, the triggers are like a basic essential on all of my builds, though I do have a personal one with an adjustable match trigger.... yes on a krink- go figure.

I think, and the way I am is the Tapco stocks and forearms just look goofy. they look cheap to me, sorry if I'm offending you or anyone else btw- but what gets me the most is the collapsing stock with the damn downward angle! I hate that, ALL of my builds have corrected angle and zero tapco parts except trigger group!

Just my two cents..

squid0812
09-05-2011, 11:16 PM
yeah I agree, the triggers are like a basic essential on all of my builds, though I do have a personal one with an adjustable match trigger.... yes on a krink- go figure.

I think, and the way I am is the Tapco stocks and forearms just look goofy. they look cheap to me, sorry if I'm offending you or anyone else btw- but what gets me the most is the collapsing stock with the damn downward angle! I hate that, ALL of my builds have corrected angle and zero tapco parts except trigger group!

Just my two cents..

No, i agree with you. I think their Intrafuse hand gaurds and collapsing stock are garbage. I bought their side folder on a recomendation and have been fairly happy with it. I would like a more traditional folder but, pickings are slim