PDA

View Full Version : PSL scope on my AK-47

jlruiz2k
09-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I upgraded my PSL scope to a POSP 8X42D and was going to sell the original scope but I picked up an AK-47 on Friday and figured I would see if it fits and what do you know, it went right on the rails. The only issue I have is eye relief, I think I'm going to get a butt pad and see if the extra inch will help with that. Has anyone here done this before? I could not find any posts on this here, not sure if it will be that accurate as the scope was designed for the PSL but will have to try when I get to the range soon.

This AK was a single stack that came with a 5 round mag, with the help here in this forum:

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.php?12254-Is-this-a-good-deal-on-a-single-stack-WASR-10-63&p=161712#post161712

I opened the mag well and it is great. Next thing to do is purchase a muzzle brake :)

FunkyPertwee
09-05-2011, 02:09 PM
The PSL scope is setup to use the SVD mount. Although yours has fit onto the rail, I don't believe that you will be able to move the scope to line up with the point of impact, although I could be wrong.

Alexei
09-05-2011, 02:09 PM
The Russkies had the same problems when using the PSO's and variants on the AK-74's in Afganistan. They used a "spacer" too.

jlruiz2k
09-05-2011, 02:52 PM
The PSL scope is setup to use the SVD mount. Although yours has fit onto the rail, I don't believe that you will be able to move the scope to line up with the point of impact, although I could be wrong.

Thats my thinking but I want to take it to the range when I go zero the PSL and see how far it is.

imanaknut
09-05-2011, 03:44 PM
You might be able to get a zero on it, but only for the range you shoot at when you set it. The range drop indicators in the scope are for the 7.62x54R so any other round will have a different drop rate.