PDA

View Full Version : AK PARTS KITS

supercobra
09-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Allright ive been looking around awhile and havent found much.Who or where sells decent ak parts kits(romanian or polish underfolder is fine)i dont like the amd type unless i can make it look like any other ak or underfolder.Can that even be done?Please all the help i can get is needed,i just dont know enough about the varieties of ak's out there to start out and not worry that ive bought the wrong type.

Schuetzenman
09-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Sorry not much to find these days. BATFE requires all demilled rifle kits have the barrels torch cut to the point of useless ness. Meaning you have to go to the added expense of getting a US made barrel, not all of which are chrome lined. Then you also have to align the front sight, rear sight and gas block and drill a gas port hole. Major pain in the ass. Unless you already have all the tooling to build with, don't bother. Just by one, it will be way cheaper to do a purchase in the end.

Tx Dogblaster
09-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Schuetzenman pretty much nailed it. The good ol' days of cheap kits with barrels etc are gone so unless you're just determined to build one then it would be better to buy a basic rifle in the caliber and style closest to what you're looking for then make the mods so that it's exactly the way that you want it.