PDA

View Full Version : CZ-75...Anyone own one?

AKTexas
08-10-2010, 05:29 PM
My girlfriend likes the looks and reviews on this one?

AK-J
08-10-2010, 06:03 PM
My brother has two of them, and I borrowed one of his CZ 75Bs for a while.

They are excellent pistols. Very accurate, very reliable. Fits in the hand very well. If I didn't have my Magnum Research Baby Eagle 9mm (Re-branded IMI Jericho 941, function-wise identical to the CZ as that's what the 941 was based on) I'd have picked up one for myself already. It is high on my list of pistols to own, and I can't recommend it enough.

Richard Simmons
08-10-2010, 06:22 PM
I've had a 75B for years. It was made in 1996 and was an over run from a Turkish contract. It's performed flawlessly. For an all steel 9x19 I don't believe you can get a better value

videodon
08-10-2010, 06:32 PM
I have one. Runs great!
I'm eventually getting a threaded/extended bbl.
to mount my AAC Evo-9 suppressor on.
(as an alt. to my Glock)
:)
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac140/videodon/CZ-75B_1.jpg

AKTexas
08-12-2010, 04:20 PM
The CZ-75,Witness and Baby Eagle all look close to each other.Do the similarities stop there?

Dr. Gonzo GED
08-12-2010, 04:37 PM
The CZ-75,Witness and Baby Eagle all look close to each other.Do the similarities stop there?
AFAIK, there are slight internal differences between them, but they are all from the same family. (Browning hi-power)

AK-J
08-12-2010, 07:10 PM

The Witness is based on the CZ-75, it's almost a direct copy, and the Baby Eagle (Jericho 941) is based on the Witness. They all use the slide running inside the frame, and they all use the same magazines. You can't take parts from one and expect to use it in the other pistols, but they're as close to being the same without being direct copies of each other.

weevil
08-12-2010, 08:57 PM
I've got a pre-B CZ-75.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/srebough/PreBCZBC_edited.jpg

Not real fond of HPs but runs flawless on FMJ. I'm sure the newer models aren't as finicky about ammo.

Great pistol that's a real pleasure to shoot.

It's bit on the heavy side for carry but I got it more as a collector/shooter piece anyway and the weight does help cut down on felt-recoil.

AKTexas
08-12-2010, 10:29 PM
I've got a pre-B CZ-75.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/srebough/PreBCZBC_edited.jpg

Not real fond of HPs but runs flawless on FMJ. I'm sure the newer models aren't as finicky about ammo.

Great pistol that's a real pleasure to shoot.

It's bit on the heavy side for carry but I got it more as a collector/shooter piece anyway and the weight does help cut down on felt-recoil.

I'd prefer the blued version but girls like shiney stuff,she likes the Witness a little more than the CZ and does not like the Baby Eagle and that is the one I'd prefer but this is going to be her choice not mine.

The Witness is based on the CZ-75, it's almost a direct copy, and the Baby Eagle (Jericho 941) is based on the Witness. They all use the slide running inside the frame, and they all use the same magazines. You can't take parts from one and expect to use it in the other pistols, but they're as close to being the same without being direct copies of each other.

Good to know that the mags are interchangeable with each other,this opens up more possibilities.

AFAIK, there are slight internal differences between them, but they are all from the same family. (Browning hi-power)

Okay that is what I thought.

Uncle Scary
08-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Oh hell yeah! My favorite 9mm. Solid, accurate, reliable. Best factory trigger I've ever pulled. Widely used by militaries, law enforcement, and terrorists all over the world.

Smitty258
08-13-2010, 07:01 AM
I used to have a CZ75BD, which is the decock model. I sold it several years ago to fund another purchase and I've regretted it ever since. One day when I get a little more money I'll get back into the CZ game. It's just kinda hard when my job qualifies me for LEO discounted Glocks. Since I can get them so cheap it's hard for me to look at any other pistols when it comes time to buy.

Partisan1983
08-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Great gun :thumbspbig:

In fact a lot of CZ's product line is down right kick ass. I'd defend my life or a loved one's life with one waayyyy before an American pistol manufacture FWIW.

Dr. Gonzo GED
08-13-2010, 11:02 AM
I'd prefer the blued version but girls like shiney stuff,she likes the Witness a little more than the CZ and does not like the Baby Eagle and that is the one I'd prefer but this is going to be her choice not mine.

An advantage of the Witness, is that every caliber for it is based on the same frame. I.E., you buy it in the caliber you want, then you buy conversion kits which consist of a new slide barrel ect, for a fraction of the price.

Basically, you can have just about any popular pistol caliber you want, change your mind, and have your new caliber in about five seconds.

How cool is that?

AKTexas
08-13-2010, 11:39 AM
An advantage of the Witness, is that every caliber for it is based on the same frame. I.E., you buy it in the caliber you want, then you buy conversion kits which consist of a new slide barrel ect, for a fraction of the price.

Basically, you can have just about any popular pistol caliber you want, change your mind, and have your new caliber in about five seconds.

How cool is that?

I saw that EAA is the distributor for the Witness pistols.They also sell the conversions,that is very appealing to me.The GF just goes on looks alone.

That is what I like about my Glocks,I have barrels for 9mm and .357 sig.My G21 is similar as well with a drop in 10mm barrel.I guess I could get a .400 corbon barrel too.