PDA

View Full Version : Saiga - my first AK

mitchntx
09-17-2011, 08:54 PM
New to the site ... thought I'd share my first Ak experience.

A good friend has a WASR underfolder and some sort of nasty, pistol looking AK that is loud and a hoot to shoot. I was hooked ...

Didn't want to invest a lot of cash in a plinker. Yet I did want something that was reliable and reasonably accurate.

Found a NIB Izhmash Saiga 132 at a local gun show and decided I couldn't pass up a decent zombie killer. Snagged a spam can of Yugo 7.62 rounds and headed to a range ASAP.

Had more trouble than I thought I should have sighting it, but finally got it close enough for the undead.

I've probably sent 500 rounds down range.

Upgrades you ask? A bullet guide that allows modified AK mags to work flawlessly. I decided it better to alter a $10 mag and not the gun.

Recently, I found a cheap rail and traded a Ruger mag for an inexpensive scope ... and I hate it. I much prefer the iron sights to a scope for what I do with the gun.

It's currently all black, but I've been thinking of painting the furniture and mags a desert tan, just to ease the zombies' pain by know they've been ripped open in some fashionable way.