View Full Version : Tell me about Para

Next
08-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Heard good and bad.

Opinions and experience?

awp101
08-10-2010, 10:16 PM
I've owned 4, no real issues.

2 were LDAs and try as I might, I couldn't get used to it. IIRC bother were double stacks which didn't help. Too big for my hand. One had a worn slide stop but that can happen with ANY 1911.

One was an 18*9. Too big for my hand and once the cool factor wore off (let's face it, 18rds of 9mm in a handgun is pretty damn cool) it was traded for something else.

The one that stayed (and WILL stay) with me is a LTC, Paras version of the Commander. Single stack, regular trigger and lots of fun.

I don't know if they've changed or not but the dovetails are an odd size so keep that in mind if you plan on sight swapping/replacement. As I understand it, there's no "standard" for 1911 dovetails but Paras are a really odd size it seems...

TEN-32
08-11-2010, 06:49 AM
I've got a 7.45 with LDA. I like it. Shoots great. No issues.

Penguin
09-11-2010, 12:35 AM
I also have a 7.45 LDA. Honestly I don't like it. The gun works perfectly fine, never had mechanicle problem with it. I just don't like the double action triger. It isn't horible it is just long, smoth and fairly light just long. Seeing the hammer comming back just distracts me real bad. I guess I am to used to the regular single action 1911. My work won't let me carry a single action 1911 though so I bought the LDA for work. It sure could be worse but to me it is a compromise gun.