PDA

View Full Version : NEED AK GUNSMITH... PLEASE :)

sniper168
09-22-2011, 10:22 PM
I ended up with a Krinks AK-47 out of Naples, FL... yes the one that is a POS.
Well, to say the lease, the receiver appears to be bent and the inside rails are definitely bent.
I can send pics, but can a gunsmith out there contact me about this. I would like the work done sooner than later.
Thanks for your time everyone.
Sniper168
snipr168 AT yahoo DOT com

Richard Simmons
09-23-2011, 07:55 AM
First off may I say, Welcome to Gunsnet!

I'm not a gunsmith and don't know the story on the Krinks AK-47 and any problems they have but was wondering if those problems and yours are related to the way they were built or the way the receiver was made, heat treated, etc? Would it be better and cheaper to have your firearm rebuilt on a new, problem free receiver?

Schuetzenman
09-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Welcome to Gusnent. Next, why on earth would you buy one of those, sounds like you knew better but did it anyway?

Richard Simmons
09-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Welcome to Gusnent. Next, why on earth would you buy one of those, sounds like you knew better but did it anyway?

Might not have found out about it until after the fact. I know I've followed a few local auctions and watched guys shell out some pretty big bucks for Hesse AK's. Either they were taking a gamble or didn't know what they might be getting.

O.S.O.K.
09-23-2011, 08:56 AM
:welcome: to the board! And I agree with Richard - if things are that messed up, then it would probably be best just to have it dissasembled and replace the receiver with a quality one.

That is if you can't take it back to where you got it for a refund...

Here's a good youtube on AK issues - it covers "warping" from improper or no heat-treat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=K6ndM3U1JuI

Also pay attention to the axis pin holes - if they are opening like in this vid, then the receiver needs to be replaced with a quality heat-treated one.

Robert Type 07
02-27-2012, 07:03 PM
I would tend to agree with the other posts here. I'd replace the receiver if it was mine.