PDA

View Full Version : Putin should just name himself Czar and be done with it.

El Jefe
09-24-2011, 09:59 AM
No way the Russian people should be comfortable with this. That said, I fully expect Putin to prevail.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin says he has accepted a proposal to stand for president in March 2012.

Addressing the ruling United Russia party's annual congress, Mr Putin and current President Dmitry Medvedev backed one another to switch roles.

The announcements end speculation over which man should run for the top job.

United Russia, which Mr Putin leads, dominates the country's politics and observers say his return to the Kremlin is now all but guaranteed.

He had already served two terms as president before Mr Medvedev took over in 2008. Mr Putin was barred by the constitution from running for a third consecutive term.

Link:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15045816

Warthogg
09-24-2011, 10:21 AM
.....Vladimir Putin says he has accepted a proposal...

Yup.....Vlad done accepted his own proposal.

Wart

What about Barry and Vlad in a cage fight ??

El Jefe
09-24-2011, 10:35 AM

Wart

Heh, I'd pay to see that. Tho it wouldn't last long, my 10 year old could whip Barry's ass.

FunkyPertwee
09-24-2011, 11:39 AM

Wart

I watched a special on body language once. It was funny to see Bush continuously assert his male dominance over Putin. No matter how "manly" (more like apish in my opinion) Putin tried to portray himself in front of observers, Bush literally always got the upper hand.

Sergis Bauer
09-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I'm surprised he feels the need to formally take office again. I guess it must have gotten frustrating having to tell Medvedev what to do 24/7, much easier to just end the BS and do it yourself.

Putin is ex-KGB. Barry is ex-THC. Need I say more?

Sergis Bauer
09-24-2011, 12:54 PM
No way the Russian people should be comfortable with this.

I guess the question is, when in the last dozen centuries has it mattered whether or not the Russian people were comfortable with anything having to do with their leadership?

El Jefe
09-24-2011, 01:23 PM
I guess the question is, when in the last dozen centuries has it mattered whether or not the Russian people were comfortable with anything having to do with their leadership?

Good point, and the correct answer is, never.