PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Yugo M70AB2T Receiver

crlovel
08-11-2010, 12:15 PM
I can't find a straight simple answer anywhere. I have a Yugo M70AB2T underfolder. What kind of receiver was this thing built on? I know it's not the 1.5mm RPK receiver, just looking for brand info, DCI, NDS, etc.

Thanks!

mriddick
08-11-2010, 01:43 PM
I can't find a straight simple answer anywhere. I have a Yugo M70AB2T underfolder. What kind of receiver was this thing built on? I know it's not the 1.5mm RPK receiver, just looking for brand info, DCI, NDS, etc.

Thanks!
Is the build a CAI, home or custom build? In either case the name should be somewhere on the rifle's reciever, if there's no info you might have a homebuild on a flat.

Is there any writing on the reciever anywhere and if so what does it say?

crlovel
08-11-2010, 02:15 PM
It's a CAI build.

mriddick
08-11-2010, 02:25 PM
It should be a DCI receiver then, what does it say on it? If a CAI build it should have the info stamped on the side or bottom of the receiver. I do not believe CAI has used anyone but DCI in years. To many DCI and Nodak refer to the same receiver although I believe CAI buys the receivers direct and doesn't involve Nodak.

crlovel
08-12-2010, 06:13 AM
"NDS" wasn't anywhere on the receiver that I could find. I wasn't able to discern any markings on the inside, either. I emailed Nodakspud and asked them. From the response, it's an altered version of the NDS-3 supplied directly to CAI and not available for general sale, so, apparently, it is an NDS.

Their response:

Chris,

The receiver is not one that we offered to the general market.
I think Century assembled with a version of what you would know as the NDS-3
receiver but with specific back end details for the Yugo rear block.

In other words, there is not a receiver model we currently offer that is the
one used by Century.

Thanks.
Harlan
NoDak Spud LLC

mriddick
08-12-2010, 06:43 AM
What is the exact wording on your receiver...

crlovel
08-12-2010, 07:29 AM
I'll have to check when I get home. It doesn't say "NDS" or "DCI" or anything like that, though.

ihatemyyugo
09-02-2010, 12:54 PM
i bought a yugo from aimsurplus and the rear sight was off to the right a half inch. well its a knock off basicaly its all show and no go. it doesnt have 1.6mm reciever to handle the power from shooting rpg's off it. rear sights are 75 dollars if you break it trying to tap it over. i didnt break mine but i thought i was going to its a hair to the right but alot better you got to compinsate some. i didnt see any signs of who made the reciver but i think dudes comments above are correct it sounds like ours might be same batch. i am thinking bout taking gernade sight off since its useless now and putting rails optics and a handle.the steel mags that came with it i belive are wats making it jam also 1 mag jams every 3-5 shots. the other mag jams 2-3 times out of 30. they are orginal yugo mags. i am hoping to find a mag that has no jams. other than that dam i wish i had some land lol

Blacksmith
09-02-2010, 01:07 PM
i bought a yugo from aimsurplus and the rear sight was off to the right a half inch. well its a knock off basicaly its all show and no go. it doesnt have 1.6mm reciever to handle the power from shooting rpg's off it. rear sights are 75 dollars if you break it trying to tap it over. i didnt break mine but i thought i was going to its a hair to the right but alot better you got to compinsate some. i didnt see any signs of who made the reciver but i think dudes comments above are correct it sounds like ours might be same batch. i am thinking bout taking gernade sight off since its useless now and putting rails optics and a handle.the steel mags that came with it i belive are wats making it jam also 1 mag jams every 3-5 shots. the other mag jams 2-3 times out of 30. they are orginal yugo mags. i am hoping to find a mag that has no jams. other than that dam i wish i had some land lol
:oh:
What do you mean by the “rear sight was off to the right a half inch”and “rear sights are 75 dollars if you break it trying to tap it over”
You are obviously not familiar with the Yugo or you would know that what you are claiming is impossible.

Hammerstrike44
09-06-2010, 09:55 AM
"NDS" wasn't anywhere on the receiver that I could find. I wasn't able to discern any markings on the inside, either. I emailed Nodakspud and asked them. From the response, it's an altered version of the NDS-3 supplied directly to CAI and not available for general sale, so, apparently, it is an NDS.

Their response:

Chris,

The receiver is not one that we offered to the general market.
I think Century assembled with a version of what you would know as the NDS-3
receiver but with specific back end details for the Yugo rear block.

In other words, there is not a receiver model we currently offer that is the
one used by Century.

Thanks.
Harlan
NoDak Spud LLC

My Yugo also has this marking and the NDS-3 is stamped right where you can barely make out the stamp because of the reciever cover. These receivers were used by Century before they began building crap and putting it out on the market. I not sure how many of these NDS receivers were used by Century, but I had an AK appraiser tell me this is one of the rarest and most valuable Yugos Century imported and built. Hang on to it, he appraised my Yugo at $950.00.