PDA

View Full Version : Mexico City to pass 2 year tiral marriage licence

mriddick
09-30-2011, 03:41 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/09/30/mexico-two-year-marriage.html?cmp=googleeditorspick

I wonder how long before this idea spreads?

Gunner1558
09-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Marriage beginners' permit?

shamceyB
10-04-2011, 11:34 PM
Mexico is generally regarded as a conservative place. Mexico City is a liberal area within the country, however. In Mexico, more than 50 percent of all marriages end in a divorce, most within the first two years. Divorce in Mexico varies according to state and jurisdiction, but generally a court proceeding must be carried out in order to dissolve the marriage. Marriage in Mexico is recognized only civilly, and religious ceremonies carry no weight, legally. Now, Mexico City lawmakers are suggesting 2 year union licenses as a way to cut down on clogged courts and sloppy divorces. 2 year marriage licenses may be issued in Mexico City. Many conservative groups are still stinging from Mexico City’s move to legalize same-sex unions, which is still very controversial within the largely Roman Catholic country.

old Grump
10-04-2011, 11:42 PM
I don't like it, marriage i supposed to be for life. If it fails it shouldn't be easy to walk away from. Otherwise where is the incentive to try and make it work.

mriddick
10-05-2011, 02:28 AM
marriage (is) supposed to be for life

Interestingly I found this story when looking up aging issues. One of the stories was supposedly the first person to live to be 150 is probably born by now, a side story to that is what happens to some institutions when people start to live to such ages. Back in 1900 (the age of my grandparents) "marriage for life" meant 10-15 years, very soon it might mean 130 years (say for my grandchildren). It is odd to think between the time of the birth of my grandparents (1895-1899) and my grandkids (2002) things will change that much. The story went on to predict what happens to such things when life starts to take on a meaning of centuries VS what we are use to.

Schuetzenman
10-05-2011, 05:34 AM
I don't like it, marriage i supposed to be for life. If it fails it shouldn't be easy to walk away from. Otherwise where is the incentive to try and make it work.

Yeah but on the other hand every 2 years you can get a new piece of ass.

Dan Morris
10-05-2011, 06:37 AM

I didn't go into marrage and family for a practice round. This month will mark 36 years....hasn't always been pleasant but it worked!JMO
Dan

El Jefe
10-05-2011, 08:51 AM
I didn't go into marrage and family for a practice round. This month will mark 36 years....hasn't always been pleasant but it worked!JMO
Dan

I hear you. This past May the Wife and I celebrated our 30th. You just gotta pick a good one to begin with. :)

Richard Simmons
10-05-2011, 09:01 AM
I hear you. This past May the Wife and I celebrated our 30th. You just gotta pick a good one to begin with. :)

Just celebrated our 28th this past July. Don't know if either of us "picked" the other but love is what it is and for us I believe it's forever just like our marriage.

El Jefe
10-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Just celebrated our 28th this past July. Don't know if either of us "picked" the other but love is what it is and for us I believe it's forever just like our marriage.

Till death do us part.

Krupski
10-05-2011, 10:27 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/09/30/mexico-two-year-marriage.html?cmp=googleeditorspick

I wonder how long before this idea spreads?

How pathetic this is. People get married and think it's a joke.

The saddest thing is that I'm still married after 26 years and that makes me a MINORITY.

Krupski
10-05-2011, 10:27 AM

^^ EXACTLY THIS ^^

coppertales
10-05-2011, 05:19 PM
it lasted 5 years. I was young and stupid at the time. This time around, I am working on year number 38.......chris3