PDA

View Full Version : Murder Weapon ID'd Through Shell Casing In Infamous Oklahoma Murder..

American Rage
10-01-2011, 11:24 AM
It's Glock Model 22 serial # EKG463US

The son of a bitch murdered a couple of 11 and 13 year old girls who were doing nothing but walking down a country road in front of their house in rural Oklahoma.the serial # is EKG463US

http://www.news9.com/story/15588734/osbi-agents-search-for-murder-weapon-in-2008-weleetka-girls-murder-case

This is also a warning to all Glock owners

Rage

Warthogg
10-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Schitt !! I remember this case well. Thought would never be solved.

Wart

Well crap.......not solved but at least murder weapon identified.

L1A1Rocker
10-01-2011, 11:32 AM
How do they know what the serial # of the murder weapon is by the shell casing? Was this gun used previously in a crime and catalouged?

American Rage
10-01-2011, 11:51 AM
How do they know what the serial # of the murder weapon is by the shell casing? Was this gun used previously in a crime and catalouged?

Glock catologues a few rounds from all of their guns.

Because of the depravity of the crime, I'll bet Oklahoma sent agents to Glock months ago. They've probably checked 10s if not 100s of thousands of .40 Glock casings.

Don't be surprised if those casings weren't logged into a computer as well. The gun itself was part of a rare recall and made in 2001.

A gun can go through a lot of hands in 10 years. Still, with the heat Oklahoma authorities are going to put on this case, I suspect everybody will sing quick and sweet about who they bought it from and who they sold it to, everyone but the killer that is.

Rage

LAGC
10-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Why in the hell would anyone just shoot two little kids? What the fuck did they do?

I mean, I can kind of understand the sick twisted logic of say a kidnapper who maybe wants to silence his victims so they can't identify or testify against him after he's had his way with them, but why murder for its own sake?

What the fuck has to be going through the perp's mind?

Kadmos
10-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Investigators said whoever has this gun is not suspected in any crimes.

Ummm..whaaa?

alismith
10-01-2011, 01:48 PM
If the murderer disposed of that gun, it may never show up. I can't imagine him keeping it, or selling it. If he didn't dispose of it, it stands a chance of being traced back to him.

It could still be traced to him, depending on how he got it, but if he stole it and disposed of it, there is little chance of it being connected to him.

I hope they can move forward in this case.

Warthogg
10-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Investigators said whoever has this gun is not suspected in any crimes.

Ummm..whaaa?
IF true, the cops know a lot more than they're saying.

Wart

El Jefe
10-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Why in the hell would anyone just shoot two little kids? What the fuck did they do?

I mean, I can kind of understand the sick twisted logic of say a kidnapper who maybe wants to silence his victims so they can't identify or testify against him after he's had his way with them, but why murder for its own sake?

What the fuck has to be going through the perp's mind?

Uh, murder? There's a lot of sick fucks out there, I figured if anyone knew that it would be you.

LAGC
10-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Uh, murder? There's a lot of sick fucks out there, I figured if anyone knew that it would be you.

You know, I've met people convicted of all sorts of crimes, even a few murderers. Their stories varied, but for the most part they were understandable. I mean, I could kind of see why they did it, due to the circumstances they were in at the time. But never a child murderer. Probably because they are all locked up in Protective Custody or Solitary not General Population.

I mean, I just can't see how anyone could try to justify this particular crime. Killing a child. It would literally be ass-whoopin' time.

ltorlo64
10-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Glock catologues a few rounds from all of their guns.

Because of the depravity of the crime, I'll bet Oklahoma sent agents to Glock months ago. They've probably checked 10s if not 100s of thousands of .40 Glock casings.

Don't be surprised if those casings weren't logged into a computer as well. The gun itself was part of a rare recall and made in 2001.

A gun can go through a lot of hands in 10 years. Still, with the heat Oklahoma authorities are going to put on this case, I suspect everybody will sing quick and sweet about who they bought it from and who they sold it to, everyone but the killer that is.

Rage

I have bought 4 handguns in the last 5 years or so from 4 different manufacturers (Glock, Springfield Armory, SIG, Ruger). Each has a little envelope inside with an expended cartridge, one of two that was fired at the factory and then provided to law enforcement to track the weapon if used in a crime. The bullets are also provided to law enforcement, I think most likely the FBI, for tracking purposes. Not sure I like the idea, but it seems to have been there for a while.

ltorlo64
10-01-2011, 06:49 PM
But never a child murderer. Probably because they are all locked up in Protective Custody or Solitary not General Population.

I mean, I just can't see how anyone could try to justify this particular crime. Killing a child. It would literally be ass-whoopin' time.

This is why they were all in some custody other than in the General Population. Never been to prison except to do some work on the electrical distribution system and then I was inside the fence, not inside the high security area, and hope to never go back. But from what I have read if you do anything to a child your life span is severly limited when you reach prison.

Kadmos
10-01-2011, 11:53 PM
IF true, the cops know a lot more than they're saying.

Wart

Yep, for that statement to be logically true at all they would have to already know who killed the girls and know it wasn't the present gun owner. I simply cannot imagine a single scenario where they would know the present owner didn't kill them and not have the killer, owner, or gun...and I like to think I've got a pretty good imagination.

Seems fairly safe to assume they are lying

...Except for one thing, if they weren't fairly certain that the killer wasn't the current owner then why release the serial number to the public?

Warthogg
10-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Yep, for that statement to be logically true at all they would have to already know who killed the girls and know it wasn't the present gun owner. I simply cannot imagine a single scenario where they would know the present owner didn't kill them and not have the killer, owner, or gun...and I like to think I've got a pretty good imagination.

Seems fairly safe to assume they are lying

...Except for one thing, if they weren't fairly certain that the killer wasn't the current owner then why release the serial number to the public?

Don't know but they are really pushing the serial number. I live in Oklahoma City and this story was on the news tonight complete with the reading of the serial number. I have a Glock Model 22, .40 and even went in and checked my number !

Wart

American Rage
10-02-2011, 08:49 AM
The cops probably have a suspect in mind, and now are looking for the gun before making arrest. They probably already know that the suspect sold the gun, they just don't know who bought it. Once they have the gun, they'll make the arrest of its' former owner.

My opinion only.

Rage

mriddick
10-02-2011, 08:54 AM
My thought too, they probably have a suspect in mind and maybe have even talked to thim/her, maybe the suspect told them he sold his glock 40 they know he owned. I for one do not believe the story that somehow they matched up a spent casing or bullet from factory records at glock. My bet is they know the number of the weapon the suspect owned and want it to match up the bullets and or cases found.

alismith
10-02-2011, 10:01 AM
My thought too, they probably have a suspect in mind and maybe have even talked to thim/her, maybe the suspect told them he sold his glock 40 they know he owned. I for one do not believe the story that somehow they matched up a spent casing or bullet from factory records at glock. My bet is they know the number of the weapon the suspect owned and want it to match up the bullets and or cases found.

I agree. That is a very large stretch of the imagination that the shell casing would have enough different markings on it to set it apart from all the other Glocks that were manufactured using the same machinery and materials. Mass production might not be able to produce 100% of everything the same, but it's damned close. But, then again, I'm no forensic scientist, nor a metallurgist.

Warthogg
10-02-2011, 10:06 AM
The cops probably have a suspect in mind, and now are looking for the gun before making arrest. They probably already know that the suspect sold the gun, they just don't know who bought it. Once they have the gun, they'll make the arrest of its' former owner.

My opinion only.

Rage

Yup.

Wart

Ruskiegunlover
10-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Just ANOTHER reason why I will not ever own a glock. They cooperate to this degree with the feds. No thanks......UNsafe, and in the govs back pocket.

mriddick
10-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Just ANOTHER reason why I will not ever own a glock. They cooperate to this degree with the feds. No thanks......UNsafe, and in the govs back pocket.

Really? You think only glock would do this? You think the rest of the companies (who all do the exact same cartridge cataloging) would tell the investigators to pound sand?