az_paul
10-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Way to go. +1.

Schuetzenman
10-05-2011, 05:10 AM
Raising Cain!:thumbsup:

mriddick
10-05-2011, 05:47 AM
A 12 point rise in the polls in one month, thats not too bad. He also has continued to answer questions directly (refreshing) and seems to learn from his mistakes (as long as the mistakes aren't too large). I think he needs to work on his second stance alittle bit before I would vote for him but I think he has some time and I'm hopeful.

Schuetzenman
10-05-2011, 05:51 AM
He does seem to be learning and improving as he goes. Not being a professional Politico he's in a crash course on how to act like one and answer the questions the Press tosses at them. The press evern Fox News types seem to delight in asking obscure questions so they can say "Gotcha"! Then the MSM uses any lack of knowledge on a foreign issue to paint the individual as an idiot.

mriddick
10-05-2011, 05:53 AM
I like that he sets and talks in interviews and isn't afraid to say, I don't know but I'll get back with you when I find out. Some seem to feel they have to answer even if they have no idea what is being discussed or just make things up on the spot in an effort to get around the question.

ltorlo64
10-05-2011, 08:24 AM
I just hope he isn't peaking too early. There is still a long way to go to the election. It is good that he is getting better known, but the front runner can, and often does, change multiple times during an election. Remember that President Obama was not even considered a contender at this point last election.

coppertales
10-05-2011, 10:36 AM
also, if he doesn't have any skellitons in his closet. I saw him on tv over the weekend and on the radio this week. I would not vote for Romney and Perry is a do nothing once he gets into office. Besides, Perry loves his illegals. None of the others are electable. I am glad Christie is not running. He is about as liberal as Romney....chris3

El Jefe
10-05-2011, 10:45 AM
His rise in the polls, and the obvious heartburn it gives the left, has been remarkable.

I wonder tho if he has the financial warchest, or can acquire it, to compete going forward.

If you've seen the latest headline on Drudge, Perry has raised $17 million in the past week or so. WTF?

Warthogg
10-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Guess you guys have figured out Cain's stand on the 2nd Amendment huh.

The Federal Reserve people must be beside themselves with joy at having one of their own possibly elected president.

Wart

El Jefe
10-05-2011, 10:52 AM

The Federal Reserve people must be beside themselves with joy at having one of their own possibly elected president.

Wart

Personally, I don't know what Cain's stance on the 2nd is, no clue. I also don't know if he's in the pocket of the Banksters or not.

Do you have anything you'd care to share on these issues vis a vis, Cain?

Richard Simmons
10-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Personally, I don't know what Cain's stance on the 2nd is, no clue. I also don't know if he's in the pocket of the Banksters or not.

Seems like Cain is the type of guy you'd want on the Federal Reserve since it's not likely to go away in our lifetime. He was on the Board of the Kansas City branch from 1992 to 8/96 (chairman from 1/95-8/96).

mriddick
10-05-2011, 12:21 PM

So far from what I've been able to find Cain's stance on the second is best described as the southern view of the 10th, that is it trumps everything including the second (allows for states and cities to enact local gun control laws). It could also be called the pre Heller view of the second, since that's was pretty much the way things were up until Heller. As I've long stated this will have to change if he wants my vote.

El Jefe
10-05-2011, 12:33 PM
So far from what I've been able to find Cain's stance on the second is best described as the southern view of the 10th, that is it trumps everything including the second (allows for states and cities to enact local gun control laws). It could also be called the pre Heller view of the second, since that's was pretty much the way things were up until Heller. As I've long stated this will have to change if he wants my vote.

Yeah, i agree. Heller should be the law of the land. This BS of any politician infringing on the 2nd must stop. It'll be interesting to see him talk about the 2nd in light of the Heller ruling.

If Cain isn't willing to stand behind Heller, that will be a problem.

mriddick
10-05-2011, 01:28 PM
The way I see it there are two historic reasons to go with the 10th over the 2nd, one reading has been the liberals who will read the 10th only over one amendment (the 2nd) because their goal is to make stricter then federal gun control regs in their little seats of power. The other is the southern view which has the 10th above all the amendments just because it fits their states right agenda of being fearful of the fed (read that as Union :) ) gaining too much power over the states.

Both mindsets read the 2nd as under the 10th but for vastly differing reasons, one to increase gun control, the other to make sure gun control doesn't get "too" restrictive (atleast for the right people ;) ). In that someone supporting the 10th over the 2nd with the southern (anti fed) view isn't as worrisome to me as someone who supports the liberal view as a way to ban firearms, but still IMO it needs changing.

I think it's just not been a big issue for Cain so far in his life as it's more likely he just hasn't kept up with the recent rulings of Heller. As I've stated hopefully he'll come around on the issue, as he has on other issues he's had to bone up on in his run for the whitehouse. But regardless I think where he's coming from (anti fed) is vastly different then the normal anti gun pro 10th over the 2nd lib who is just trying to ban firearms. While I don't like his stance and beleive it's outdated I'm not exactly sure his stance comes from the position of being antigun VS one of historically not trusting the fed.

Schuetzenman
10-05-2011, 06:04 PM

Then somebody needs to educate him by sending Heller to him with an explanation of why it is important in defining the TRUE meaning of the 2nd. That said, I listened to Cain on his radio talk show program over the years. I remember him making very positive statements about gun ownership and skepticism over assault weapon bans doing anything worth while.

mriddick
10-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Then somebody needs to educate him by sending Heller to him with an explanation of why it is important in defining the TRUE meaning of the 2nd. That said, I listened to Cain on his radio talk show program over the years. I remember him making very positive statements about gun ownership and skepticism over assault weapon bans doing anything worth while.

Don't worry next time we talk I will try to explain it to him... :)

American Rage
10-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Raising Cain!:thumbsup:

Raising Cain in 2012

Thought of that a few days ago. It would make a nice sticker

Rage

O.S.O.K.
10-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Cain you imagine? The first presidential debate? :lool: I think he would absolutely roast obumer's nuts over the fire of truth.

Mark Ducati
10-06-2011, 11:55 AM
I wonder IF the majority of America is willing to take a chance again on another african-american president with the mentality "look what happened with the last black guy put in office"?

Warthogg
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post

Wart

Cain's position on the 2nd is the Feds cannot regulate BUT the states AND local governments can regulate !! That puts Cain to the left of most of us, the Republican party, the NRA and the Supreme court. Cain seems to have a modest understanding of the constitution.

That Cain is in the pocket of the Fed Banksters is easy. Cain worked for the Fed Res Bk.

Wart

O.S.O.K.
10-06-2011, 12:27 PM
I wonder IF the majority of America is willing to take a chance again on another african-american president with the mentality "look what happened with the last black guy put in office"?

Have you heard Cain referring to himself as "African" anything? Nope, me neither.

Mark, just look at him as being an "American" and then judge the rest... that's what I'm doing.

The only aspect of his race that I consider in this is that it puts him in a great position to deflect the charge of racism. :coffee:

O.S.O.K.
10-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Cain's position on the 2nd is the Feds cannot regulate BUT the states AND local governments can regulate !! That puts Cain to the left of most of us, the Republican party, the NRA and the Supreme court. Cain seems to have a modest understanding of the constitution.

That Cain is in the pocket of the Fed Banksters is easy. Cain worked for the Fed Res Bk.

Wart

Would you be willing to hear him clarify that? I would. You are basing this entirely on the Wolf Blitzer interview right? That question was at the end of a long list of state's rights questions and he may have been a bit hasty in his response - trying to hammer home his stance on state's rights...

Regardless, he will not see any anti-gun legistlation if we elect repubs and libertarians to the house and senate. And he will be POTUS, not a SCOTUS juror.

Warthogg
10-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Would you be willing to hear him clarify that? I would. You are basing this entirely on the Wolf Blitzer interview right? That question was at the end of a long list of state's rights questions and he may have been a bit hasty in his response - trying to hammer home his stance on state's rights...

Regardless, he will not see any anti-gun legistlation if we elect repubs and libertarians to the house and senate. And he will be POTUS, not a SCOTUS juror.

Blitzer (not Donna or Vixen) interview.....yes.

Let me see if I can find the actual transcript.

Wart

Interview with Presidential Candidate Herman Cain (Gun Control)
CNN Situation Room ^ | June 7, 2011 | Cain, in his own words

Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:22:17 PM by Beelzebubba

BLITZER: All right. Let's talk about gun control. Do you support any gun control?

CAIN: I support the Second Amendment.

BLITZER: So you don't -- so what's the answer on gun control?

CAIN: The answer on gun control is I support strong -- strongly support the Second Amendment. I don't support, you know, onerous legislation that's going to restrict people's rights in order to be able to protect themselves as guaranteed by the Second Amendment.

BLITZER: Should states or local governments be allowed to control the gun situation? Or should...

CAIN: Yes.

BLITZER: The answer is yes?

CAIN: The answer is yes. That should be a state's decision.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Wart

O.S.O.K.
10-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Well then, I'm just saying let's see if he clarifies or reconsiders that with reflection.

He is most certainly a constructionist, and that statement is in conflict with his other views.

I think he may have just mispoken - being on a pro-state's rights roll. That's the way it came accross when I watched the interview.

You can watch it on youtube... you are leaving off the transcript leading up to that part... let's get the whole picture shall we?

Warthogg
10-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Well then, I'm just saying let's see if he clarifies or reconsiders that with reflection.

He is most certainly a constructionist, and that statement is in conflict with his other views.

I think he may have just mispoken - being on a pro-state's rights roll. That's the way it came accross when I watched the interview.

You can watch it on youtube... you are leaving off the transcript leading up to that part... let's get the whole picture shall we?

I have seen the interview more than once.

Only God knows what Cain meant but even I know what Cain said. No way will I touch a candidate that is not perfectly clear on the 2nd. No way will I touch a candidate contaminated by the Federal Reserve. Herman Cain is both. Therefore, there is no way I would ever vote for Herman Cain.

Most surprising to me that on a board where we claim to live to protect the 2nd so many are willing to give Cain a pass on his idiotic views of gun control. That the Federal Reserve Bank, and its compatriots the World Bank and IMF, might be a bit of an arcane subject I can understand but most of us are well versed on the 2nd.

Wart

Mark Ducati
10-06-2011, 07:57 PM
I actually lie Herman Cain and plan to vote for him... he does indeed have an impressive track record. My point of the color of his skin was my question the sheeple to be able to look past the color of a man's skin.... I dont think AmeriKa is there yet.

So, is Hermain Cain reallly... an "electible candidate" or just fluke to spread the votes between more solid candiditates.?

Kinda like voting for Perot a while back that used useless votes and split the republican party and they we got what we got!

Somebody rock solid like CAIN... just wait, the dirts gonna come out of the closet some where... i bet he doesn't make it to the presidential primaries (I like to see him backed by the republican endodorsed party... but I dont see it happening.

For the record, I could care what color your skin is, IF you can get the job done.

mriddick
10-06-2011, 08:12 PM
I have seen the interview more than once.

Only God knows what Cain meant but even I know what Cain said. No way will I touch a candidate that is not perfectly clear on the 2nd. No way will I touch a candidate contaminated by the Federal Reserve. Herman Cain is both. Therefore, there is no way I would ever vote for Herman Cain.

Most surprising to me that on a board where we claim to live to protect the 2nd so many are willing to give Cain a pass on his idiotic views of gun control. That the Federal Reserve Bank, and its compatriots the World Bank and IMF, might be a bit of an arcane subject I can understand but most of us are well versed on the 2nd.

Wart

And who all here voted for McCain in 2008 after he stood in front of the NRA convention in Louisville and said he wanted to end private transfers of firearms?

As for states rights trumping the second you might be surprised at how many gun owners actually believe this and will argue the point. Historically in the south the 10th is seen as the amendment that trumps all the rest, this is thought of as a safeguard to keep the fed from coming in and forcing unpopular laws upon them. On the old board there was a thread where more then you'd think on a board like this took that line. I think that is changing slowly as more and more people warm up to Heller but historically it's the way it's been for much of America going back to 1806. Cain's position IMO at least comes from the philosophy of limiting the fed as much as possible VS one to increase gun control, for me I'm hoping he becomes better educated on the matter before ruling him out completely.

O.S.O.K.
10-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm not ashamed of voting for McStain. He was the only other choice to the POS that we now are inflicted with.

Would you really rather have obummer as POTUS than McCain? Seriously?

I mean that's like wanting Hitler instead of Netanyahu.

Oh! Am I going to have my ass kicked off of gunsnet for that????? :embarrassed:

El Jefe
10-06-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm not ashamed of voting for McStain. He was the only other choice to the POS that we now are inflicted with.

Would you really rather have obummer as POTUS than McCain? Seriously?

I mean that's like wanting Hitler instead of Netanyahu.

Oh! Am I going to have my ass kicked off of gunsnet for that????? :embarrassed:

I just reported you to Attack Watch. Sorry Bro, had to do it.

coppertales
10-07-2011, 07:20 AM

You have a point there. I have thought the same thing myself......chris3

mriddick
10-07-2011, 07:25 AM
IMO it's a racist thought to think that the average American looks at all black guys as interchangable.

Schuetzenman
10-07-2011, 06:20 PM

I certainly have no problem with Cain on race. What I like is he as actually done things in his life besides organize protest groups. He's saved huge corporations from bankruptcy, experience which I think would be much more applicable for use as President of the USA vs. a Community Organizer. WTF really Community Organizer, what a bullshit name. It's right there with Moblile Sanitation Engineer, (garbage man).

l921428x
10-08-2011, 03:54 AM
I actually lie Herman Cain and plan to vote for him... he does indeed have an impressive track record. My point of the color of his skin was my question the sheeple to be able to look past the color of a man's skin.... I dont think AmeriKa is there yet.

So, is Hermain Cain reallly... an "electible candidate" or just fluke to spread the votes between more solid candiditates.?

Kinda like voting for Perot a while back that used useless votes and split the republican party and they we got what we got!

Somebody rock solid like CAIN... just wait, the dirts gonna come out of the closet some where... i bet he doesn't make it to the presidential primaries (I like to see him backed by the republican endodorsed party... but I dont see it happening.

For the record, I could care what color your skin is, IF you can get the job done.

MY question, can black people look past the brain washing and vote for a black guy?

Schuetzenman
10-08-2011, 09:02 AM
MY question, can black people look past the brain washing and vote for a black guy?

Most won't, their minds are enslaved by the crack of free tax payers money. They know the Democraps are the well spring from which this type of Crack flows. The majority will stay on the Free Money Plantation and give up their vote so they can feed on the stream of money.

O.S.O.K.
10-08-2011, 10:55 AM
I just reported you to Attack Watch. Sorry Bro, had to do it.

Hmmm, do you get extra points added for mutliple reportings? :lool:

I am sure I've been reported several times already :coffee:

But then brother, so have you :lol:

Is that site even still up?

Mark Ducati
10-08-2011, 02:41 PM
OSOK,

Thanks for all the info on Hermain Cain... the more I learn about him, the more I like him. I'd really like to see the guy win, but I question whether voting for another Black Guy (even if I think it this particular candidate is the best candidate)... I question whether he will "split the vote"... that is, too many bigots in America can't get past his skin color and so those of us who are like minded "waste" our vote when we should be picking between the lesser of two evils... Romney or Perry. THEN, a democrap slides in because the republican vote was split.

Unless he is the sole endorsed republican backed by the republican party... I don't think he has a chance of winning.

O.S.O.K.
10-08-2011, 03:42 PM
OSOK,

Thanks for all the info on Hermain Cain... the more I learn about him, the more I like him. I'd really like to see the guy win, but I question whether voting for another Black Guy (even if I think it this particular candidate is the best candidate)... I question whether he will "split the vote"... that is, too many bigots in America can't get past his skin color and so those of us who are like minded "waste" our vote when we should be picking between the lesser of two evils... Romney or Perry. THEN, a democrap slides in because the republican vote was split.

Unless he is the sole endorsed republican backed by the republican party... I don't think he has a chance of winning.

Mark, I don't think that the majority of white Americans - no, scratch that, I would say that 90% + of white Americans are not racists and don't give a rat's ass what the color of his skin is. One of the "hotbeds" of bigotry in this country is Louisiana and New Orleans, yet look who they voted in as their Governor - Bobby Jindal who's ethnicity is Indian. There are plenty of other examples - the REAL bigots in this country are the majority of blacks. Its a fact and they are so far gone in this regard that they don't even realize that they are bigots. They have been told that they "can't" be racists and they actually believe it.

My read...

Warthogg
10-08-2011, 03:44 PM

Will not vote for a black conservative.

Wart

Warthogg
10-08-2011, 03:56 PM
And who all here voted for McCain in 2008 after he stood in front of the NRA convention in Louisville and said he wanted to end private transfers of firearms?

As for states rights trumping the second you might be surprised at how many gun owners actually believe this and will argue the point. Historically in the south the 10th is seen as the amendment that trumps all the rest, this is thought of as a safeguard to keep the fed from coming in and forcing unpopular laws upon them. On the old board there was a thread where more then you'd think on a board like this took that line. I think that is changing slowly as more and more people warm up to Heller but historically it's the way it's been for much of America going back to 1806. Cain's position IMO at least comes from the philosophy of limiting the fed as much as possible VS one to increase gun control, for me I'm hoping he becomes better educated on the matter before ruling him out completely.

Many times I have posted my disgust with myself for voting McCain. This election's McCain is Romney. Will not be voting for Romney. I will not be voting for such an obviously flawed candidate as Cain.

Though now that I think about it, no Rethuglican or Dimocrat will do anything to save the country so it might be fun to watch Cain destroy more rights but at light speed. Really think the country is past the point of saving anyway.

Wart

Warthogg
10-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Mark, I don't think that the majority of white Americans - no, scratch that, I would say that 90% + of white Americans are not racists and don't give a rat's ass what the color of his skin is. One of the "hotbeds" of bigotry in this country is Louisiana and New Orleans, yet look who they voted in as their Governor - Bobby Jindal who's ethnicity is Indian. There are plenty of other examples - the REAL bigots in this country are the majority of blacks. Its a fact and they are so far gone in this regard that they don't even realize that they are bigots. They have been told that they "can't" be racists and they actually believe it.

My read...

For white bigots let's add South Boston.

Wart