PDA

View Full Version : Please help me decide...

goyena70
10-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Center fire Systems has HI-CAP Bulgarian AK-47 7.62x39 #AKAGUN-SSR85C-HC advertised for $399, they are selling the Romanian wasr-10 for $429 and up. I would like to get the Bulgarian but why is it less expensive than the wasr???

imanaknut
10-05-2011, 04:41 PM
I would guess the Bulgarian is less expensive is because they were able to buy the single stack version for importation at a really good price, and it didn't cost much to open the receiver to accept standard capacity ( I really hate the term "Hi-capacity" when it comes to standard AK mags) mags.

Richard Simmons
10-05-2011, 04:53 PM
The Bulgarian has an ATI buttstock and some kind of cheesy looking hand guard. It also doesn't have a siderail which the WASR does.

Full Otto
10-05-2011, 05:36 PM
The Bulgarian has an ATI buttstock

That's got me guessing that you'd have to swap out some parts for compliance if you wanted to switch it out, but that's a guess.

Richard Simmons
10-06-2011, 09:42 AM
That's got me guessing that you'd have to swap out some parts for compliance if you wanted to switch it out, but that's a guess.

Bet you're right? Wonder if those were brought in as a barreled action then had the stockset added as well as a new trigger group? The add says it's an original Bulgarian receiver with chrome lined barrel. Even as just a barreled receiver could it have been imported as a high cap or would it have to have been a single stack AK?

WB!
10-18-2011, 05:40 PM
The Bulgarian would be my pick. It has a Bulgarian receiver and heavy hammer forged barrel. This is one of the best bargians now. You would have to change a few US parts to add a seperate pistol grip. These are AK47 parts, on an AKM receiver. The first receivers were 1 mm, while later ones were 1.6 mm. The rear trunion is for the underfolder, so you will have to do some alterations to add a standard stock. The muzzle nut is welded. One person said that they were made with used AK47 parts, but every body else said that theirs looked new. Try shooting it with the ATI stock first, before changing things out. The ATI stock feels good for a fixed stock.