PDA

View Full Version : Hot Damn! We beat Rockhurst!

El Jefe
10-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Woo Hoo! :anim_beer-1:

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/hq2z1_FfEeC-rAAmVebEWg/jefferson-city-ends-13-game-skid-with-double-overtime-win-over-rockhurst.htm

Dang, that was one heck of a game last night. Its always sweet to beat your arch rival, especially one who in recent years has had your number. I think everyone state wide expected Rockhurst to win, they are the defending state champs, and ranked in the top 25 nationally.

One of the more exciting games I've seen. A loud home crowd, and the game went into two over times, but the Jays pulled it out 33-30. The second half was tense as we watched a 23-14 half time lead evaporate and see it tied 23-23 late in the 4th. Thank goodness we outplayed them in OT. :thumbsup:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3233/jaysvsrockhurst.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/jaysvsrockhurst.jpg/)

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - After booting a 30-yard field goal in the second overtime to upend defending Class 6 champion Rockhurst (Kansas City, Mo.) 33-30, Jefferson City (Mo.) kicker Ryan Tanner was at a loss for words.

But the frenzied crowd at Jefferson City's Adkins Stadium wasn't.

The packed house, which included members of past Jefferson City teams, let out a roar after Jays ended 13 games of futility against Rockhurst.

Both teams entered the contest 6-0 and ranked among the top 60 in the nation.

blobman
10-08-2011, 09:25 AM
wow,thats sayin something,always hated those "hawklets" THF, possibly the gayest team name ever...we(pleasant hill) had homecoming last night and beat excelsior springs with a late game td.my son just started cub scouts and got to walk out with the local vfw color guard before the singing of the SSB

El Jefe
10-09-2011, 11:28 AM
wow,thats sayin something,always hated those "hawklets" THF, possibly the gayest team name ever...we(pleasant hill) had homecoming last night and beat excelsior springs with a late game td.my son just started cub scouts and got to walk out with the local vfw color guard before the singing of the SSB

Yeah, with you living in the KC area, I'm sure you do know all out the Rockhurst tyranny. Man, their boosters are arrogant. Before the game started I strolled over to talk to some of the guys doing the chain gang on the visitors sideline, and the Rockhurst fans were talking shit, telling us how even tho we were ranked #3 in 6A state wide, we had no chance to beat the mighty Rockhurst. Too bad I didn't get a chance to talk to them after the game.

One thing they learned for sure, 7000 fans rooting for their kids and their community can make a hell of a lot of noise! The KC Star called it "an incredible home field advantage". My voice still isn't right 2 days later. :)

El Jefe
10-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Great, glad your Team Won, I Hope to have the same luck Sunday Night.

Thanks, but what's up Sunday evening? Are you referring by chance to the Chiefs/Colts game? It's at noon. :wink:

blobman
10-10-2011, 06:34 PM
thats funny jc. the saturday morning news here locally mentioned NOTHING of the rockhurst loss,i dint see it in sats star either,i was starting to wonder if it was some big conspiracy to cover up the l;oss

El Jefe
10-10-2011, 08:19 PM
thats funny jc. the saturday morning news here locally mentioned NOTHING of the rockhurst loss,i dint see it in sats star either,i was starting to wonder if it was some big conspiracy to cover up the l;oss

The pain for Rockhurst continues, our Freshmen team just beat them this evening 20-14. :)