PDA

View Full Version : Another new one

Richard Simmons
10-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Ran across a Zero Tolerance 0350 CB this weekend at a pawnshop identical to the one in the link below.

http://www.knifeart.com/zt0350cb.html

These were a 900pcs limited run that ZT did earlier this year or maybe late last year, don't recall at the moment. This one looks to have never been used and came with the box and paperwork. Paid $100 OTD. One just sold on ebay for over $200. Lightly used ones are selling in the $150-$170 range so I think I did fairly well. Will post a pic or two later today.

I've got the black bladed S30v model, in fact it's been my EDC for the last 4-5 days so when I ran across this one I figured it was karma since I hadn't packed my other ZT in quite a few months and when I do I run across one that's not only our of production but fairly sought after. WooHoo!

Schuetzenman
10-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Wow, you really seem to be into blades and Smiths.

Richard Simmons
10-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Wow, you really seem to be into blades and Smiths.

Mostly blades of late. The last S&W I picked up was a minty 645 earlier this year.

I'm finding that knife collecting offers some of the same pleasures that collecting firearms does, History, design, craftsmanship, function, materials, etc., at a usually lower cost. "Usually" is the key though. As I collect more I find my tastes in steel moving more to the mid to upper price items much like my S&W and Colt collections have.

It's a viscious though not unpleasant circle. Much like collecting firearms, quality steel tends to increase in value as particular makers, models and designs gain popularity. Also like collecting firearms one tends to acquire many more knives than one sells. Knives do tend to take up less space though which according to the wife at least is a good thing.

Schuetzenman
10-11-2011, 07:07 PM
No background check on blades either.