PDA

View Full Version : Larue Tactical

abpt1
10-12-2011, 08:04 PM
So I have been really bummed out ....You have no idea how shitty my year has gone ...So now you say what does this have to do with LaRue Tactical ?...... Well for the last few years or so I been telling my wife that with the leftover income tax money I am going to buy a Larue Rifle but by the time all the taxes and everything gets paid. I dont have the cash so I spend countless hours salivating over the quality.

Friday Night I won the...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/abpt1/UHFO_logo.jpg

So just remember people If you keep fighting the good fight and always try to do the right thing sooner or later things will start looking up .

Thank you again Mr. LaRue! (http://www.laruetactical.com/)

P.S. I been doing the Happy dance on a twisted ankle since friday lol

Pictures to follow ..... :thumbsup:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/abpt1/IMG_2340.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/abpt1/IMG_2384.jpg

http://www.qtl.co.il/img/trans.png

blobman
10-12-2011, 08:37 PM
hell yeah,the sun sometimes shines on an old dogs ass,or something like that,wow whqts that thing worth?

btcave
10-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Very cool! I was impressed with the customer service when I bought from them.

Schuetzenman
10-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Congrats on the win. Not familiar with the contest, I assume you won a rifle from them. Oh btw, you will be taxed at it's Retail Price as if you won cash. Start saving for the IRS's cut.

Lysander
10-13-2011, 04:30 AM
I love Larue, the only scope mounts I use.

l921428x
10-13-2011, 04:52 AM
PHAQ in A. Just Damn.

abpt1
10-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Very cool! I was impressed with the customer service when I bought from them.

Yeah me too .

Congrats on the win. Not familiar with the contest, I assume you won a rifle from them. Oh btw, you will be taxed at it's Retail Price as if you won cash. Start saving for the IRS's cut. Who do I pay the tax to will that be on my tax form ?

I love Larue, the only scope mounts I use.
Yeah my ACOG has a LaRue mount its quality is best Ive seen yet ....

abpt1
10-13-2011, 02:50 PM
PHAQ in A. Just Damn.
Yeah that what I said lol !

Solidus-snake
10-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Wow man, hate to hear that your year has been so crappy. But im glad to hear you finally had a moment of sunshine in all this dreariness!

Looking forward to the pics ;)

Schuetzenman
10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah me too .

Who do I pay the tax to will that be on my tax form ?

Yeah my ACOG has a LaRue mount its quality is best Ive seen yet ....

You pay the Fed Gove a.k.a. the IRS. It will be counted as un earned income. I am not sure what that rate is, consult an accountant. I want to say possibly 50%, but don't quote me.

Lysander
10-14-2011, 04:37 AM
You pay the Fed Gove a.k.a. the IRS. It will be counted as un earned income. I am not sure what that rate is, consult an accountant. I want to say possibly 50%, but don't quote me.

Some good reading (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/notice_1340.pdf)

Schuetzenman
10-14-2011, 06:21 AM
Some good reading (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/notice_1340.pdf)

Ok, as I read it if less than 5K in prize the winner alone has to pay the witholding at a rate of 25%. abpt1 should pay 25% of the winnings values to LaRue for them to send to the IRS, if he doesn't then they have to pay 25% to the IRS and he will be taxed on the prize + 25% as income, that's how I read it. Sounds better to pony up the 25% up front to hold down one's tax liablity.

abpt1
10-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Some good reading (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/notice_1340.pdf) thanks !

Ok, as I read it if less than 5K in prize the winner alone has to pay the witholding at a rate of 25%. abpt1 should pay 25% of the winnings values to LaRue for them to send to the IRS, if he doesn't then they have to pay 25% to the IRS and he will be taxed on the prize + 25% as income, that's how I read it. Sounds better to pony up the 25% up front to hold down one's tax liablity.
yeah thats about what I got out of it thanks guys!

Partisan1983
10-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Congrats man, that's awesome:thumbsup:

ATAK, Inc.
10-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Good things happen to those who keep up the faith! Congrats!!! That is way awesome!

What model rifle did you win? Can't wait to see the pics. Do you know how long it will take to come in?

Now, if you have a crappy AR that you refuse to let be in the presence of this new toy, let me know, I'll suck it up and take it off your hands! Maybe in exchange for the taxes you need!

Bluntforce
10-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Congrats man, that's awesome:thumbsup:

+1!

TEN-32
10-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Glad to hear you got some good news. As for all the other shit...thats what you get for quitting drinking. :biggrina::boozer:

abpt1
10-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Glad to hear you got some good news. As for all the other shit...thats what you get for quitting drinking. :biggrina::boozer: I have two or three beers now and then but i am no where close drunk these blood pressure meds suck....

Good things happen to those who keep up the faith! Congrats!!! That is way awesome!

What model rifle did you win? Can't wait to see the pics. Do you know how long it will take to come in?

Now, if you have a crappy AR that you refuse to let be in the presence of this new toy, let me know, I'll suck it up and take it off your hands! Maybe in exchange for the taxes you need! I might have one or a romy G kit going up soon ...

abpt1
10-26-2011, 08:25 AM
It Arrived yesterday !

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/abpt1/_9907-1.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/abpt1/2lr.jpg

I cant believe how absolutely bad ass this stuff is! The quality is easily the highest in the industry and I am not just saying that.This Stealth upper puts to shame every ar15 I have ever shot and/or fingered in my life LWRC,Colt,Sig,Bushmaster,DTI,DPMS,S&W,Noveski,Cmmg......They all just pale in comparison. I will post better pictures after I buy a Larue lower !

Thank you Mark LaRue!

~Gene

O.S.O.K.
10-26-2011, 08:53 AM
Wow! Congrats!!! Great to see this go to you. :)

And sorry to hear that how rough things have been. Keep looking up.

abpt1
10-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Wow! Congrats!!! Great to see this go to you. :)

And sorry to hear that how rough things have been. Keep looking up.

Thank you !

Bad times come and go just like good times so I just keep on keepin on .....

abpt1
03-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Congrats on the win. Not familiar with the contest, I assume you won a rifle from them. Oh btw, you will be taxed at it's Retail Price as if you won cash. Start saving for the IRS's cut.

Tax man took about $358

But it was worth it.

:)

old Grump
03-10-2012, 02:55 AM
No more excuses. We need TARGETS and maybe a picture of the gun being shot and where you are shooting it and before and after pictures and during pictures and well hell man, ain't you shot it yet?

abpt1
03-10-2012, 08:38 AM
No more excuses. We need TARGETS and maybe a picture of the gun being shot and where you are shooting it and before and after pictures and during pictures and well hell man, ain't you shot it yet?
YES i know, I am waiting on some good weather and I only have 3-4 cords of wood left out of 8-9 to split and stack then I can go to the range :-/

nfa1934
06-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Just got in two buffer tube kits from LaRue. Ordered from them because a GN member got a free rifle. I was impressed by the goodies they included, I can actually use this stuff. I got a can of BBQ dry rub, an armadillo shaped bottle opener, a couple of rightwing bumper stickers, and a sniper competition DVD. The dry rub, "Dillo Dust", smells kinda' southwestern. Will probably be nice on a brisket.

btcave
06-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Just got in two buffer tube kits from LaRue. Ordered from them because a GN member got a free rifle. I was impressed by the goodies they included, I can actually use this stuff. I got a can of BBQ dry rub, an armadillo shaped bottle opener, a couple of rightwing bumper stickers, and a sniper competition DVD. The dry rub, "Dillo Dust", smells kinda' southwestern. Will probably be nice on a brisket.

They sent the same stuff with my order 2 years ago, minus the DVD. I'll look to them among the first, like I do Aim Surplus, when looking for things.

The Dillo dust is really pretty good.

abpt1
06-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Yeah I cant say enough good things about Laure the products they sell are by far the best quality out there Just wish I had money for a OBR

They sent the same stuff with my order 2 years ago, minus the DVD. I'll look to them among the first, like I do Aim Surplus, when looking for things.

The Dillo dust is really pretty good.

Yeah I always go there first as well their mounts are really the best.

old Grump
06-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Are you ever going to shoot that thing? :coffee:

abpt1
06-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Are you ever going to shoot that thing? :coffee:
I have shot 20 -30 rds just at a few cans on a berm..... but Damn so far this has been a very busy year and I really want to do some shooting and would really like to try my hand at some three gun.... but for instance i opened the pool last weekend to find a tore liner so I pulled a section of the deck off to see about replacing the liner and low and behold I have to replace the whole deck as well ....I have three vehicles that need work.. weekend before that it was the tractor and weedeater that needed to be fixed... damn weedeater is still broke lol work is real busy too girl scouts swim team.....i could go on..... and on ....wish I could just shoot out back ....

raxar
06-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I have shot 20 -30 rds just at a few cans on a berm..... but Damn so far this has been a very busy year and I really want to do some shooting and would really like to try my hand at some three gun.... but for instance i opened the pool last weekend to find a tore liner so I pulled a section of the deck off to see about replacing the liner and low and behold I have to replace the whole deck as well ....I have three vehicles that need work.. weekend before that it was the tractor and weedeater that needed to be fixed... damn weedeater is still broke lol work is real busy too girl scouts swim team.....i could go on..... and on ....wish I could just shoot out back ....

I keep wanting to hit the 3 gun matches out at heildelberg but shit keeps coming up, 3rd saturday of the month if you get a chance to hit one.

old Grump
06-03-2012, 10:22 PM
but for instance i opened the pool last weekend to find a tore liner so I pulled a section of the deck off to see about replacing the liner and low and behold I have to replace the whole deck as well ....I have three vehicles that need work.. weekend before that it was the tractor and weedeater that needed to be fixed... damn weedeater is still broke lol work is real busy too girl scouts swim team....This is exactly why you have to shoot. It was stuff like that that made me want to go crazy and shooting is what kept me sane, sometimes you just gotta do for yourself for an hour or two.

American Rage
06-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Wow, I didn't see this until today.

Congrats on winning abpt1! Even if it is 6 months later! LOL

I'd love to be able to afford some of Larues QD mounts, but ouch!, they be hard on the wallet.

Best of luck with your rifle.