PDA

View Full Version : Remember this article? BEFORE Fast and Furious was exposed? :D

tank_monkey
10-13-2011, 12:28 PM
This article was back in January of 2011, BEFORE "Operation Fast and Furious" was exposed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41257218/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/us-gun-raids-show-cartels-work-arizona/

Federal officials say they have new evidence that Mexico's most violent drug cartels are exploiting U.S. guns laws to acquire massive quantities of assault rifles and other firearms for use in their war against the Mexican government.

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/110125-az-gun-raid-hmed-1230p.grid-6x2.jpg

In an early morning round-up in Arizona, law enforcement agents Tuesday arrested 20 people who are accused of illegally buying hundreds of AK-47s and other firearms at U.S. gun stores. The defendants allegedly acted as "straw purchasers," falsely declaring on federal forms they were purchasing the weapons for themselves, rather than their real clients: the Sinaloa Cartel and other Mexican drug trafficking organizations across the border, the officials said.

"The massive size of this operation exemplifies the magnitude of the problem — Mexican drug lords go shopping for war weapons in Arizona," said Dennis K. Burke, the U.S. attorney for Arizona, who announced the raids at a press conference in Phoenix.

O.S.O.K.
10-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Yes. One of many.

The whole reason for F&F is to create fodder for that BS.

But oh bother, F&F is exposed before any BS laws can be passed. :)

Now to use F&F to bite the owners of it. :firedevil:

mriddick
10-13-2011, 01:34 PM
I've been bringing up the admin's actions before F&F for a long time now. Their actions (holders) actions beforehand seem to suggest to me that they wanted F&F to supply the guns they would then complain about and point to as the need for stricter gun laws.

ATAK, Inc.
10-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Never let a crisis, even a fabricated one, go to waste!

Thank god for the atf agents who had moral convictions and blew the whistle on this!

This had the potential to make the '94 AWB look like chicken feed!

Focused Gunfire
10-13-2011, 02:16 PM
One word, irony.

tank_monkey
10-13-2011, 10:37 PM
I live in a state with lots of liberals. I actually had a Facebook friend use THIS ARTICLE (see top of thread) to call for more gun control. I really slammed her for it, publicly (according to Krupski, I would be an asshole for doing so ;) ). Actually got a dialogue going with some of the more neutral people on FB who were not already in the firm 'gun banning' camp. :)

rshaneck2002
10-14-2011, 05:13 AM
If so many people had not been killed in Mexico and in our deserts in TX an AR it would almost be B/S.,wait it is B/S., branches of the ATF along with the Justice dept., being the biggest gun runners in our country. I smelled one hell of a skunk when the story first broke. 1 plus 1 equals 2., not 1 and a half. Holder needs to lose his license for this debacle. The DNc antis have been very quiet lately have they not?

Schuetzenman
10-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Holder needs to lose his job, then be prosecuted and jailed along with every manager / director in the BATFE chain right down to just above the field agents. I would not put them in jail as they were forced to follow orders. But every leader in the organization from the top down needs jail time!

Krupski
10-14-2011, 06:34 AM
I hate to say it, but I think somehow the Fast and Furious crime will be buried. Maybe... MAYBE they will sacrifice one agent to appease the masses... then it will be business as usual. Lies, setups and executions of families for 1/8 inch of barrel length.

B.A.T.F.E. - Burn All The F--king Evidence.

Krupski
10-14-2011, 06:36 AM
I live in a state with lots of liberals. I actually had a Facebook friend use THIS ARTICLE (see top of thread) to call for more gun control. I really slammed her for it, publicly (according to Krupski, I would be an asshole for doing so ;) ). Actually got a dialogue going with some of the more neutral people on FB who were not already in the firm 'gun banning' camp. :)

Not at all. Slamming someone who deserves it is perfectly fine.

Warthogg
10-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Holder needs to lose his job, then be prosecuted and jailed along with every manager / director in the BATFE chain right down to just above the field agents. I would not put them in jail as they were forced to follow orders. But every leader in the organization from the top down needs jail time!

NO FAULT.......is the way our federal officlas are governed.

Holder will probably be given a medal and moved to the Suprme Court.

Wart

Gunner1558
10-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Holder will probably be given a medal and moved to the Suprme Court.Wart

I've seen it happen too many times in business. The bigger the f%$k up, the higher the promotion.

chiak47
10-15-2011, 08:01 PM
I also remember "conspiracy theorists" who tried to make a link between these stories and something funny in the government only to have the government cheerleaders write them off as kooks and chase them away...

If this isn't proof that the .gov loves it some false flag attacks then I don't know what would constitute proof...:spin-icon:

O.S.O.K.
10-15-2011, 08:10 PM
If so many people had not been killed in Mexico and in our deserts in TX an AR it would almost be B/S.,wait it is B/S., branches of the ATF along with the Justice dept., being the biggest gun runners in our country. I smelled one hell of a skunk when the story first broke. 1 plus 1 equals 2., not 1 and a half. Holder needs to lose his license for this debacle. The DNc antis have been very quiet lately have they not?

Deserts of Arkansas? Are you thinking of downtown Little Rock? ;)

AZ=Arizona.

And I agree with you.

mriddick
10-15-2011, 08:37 PM
I also remember "conspiracy theorists" who tried to make a link between these stories and something funny in the government only to have the government cheerleaders write them off as kooks and chase them away...

If this isn't proof that the .gov loves it some false flag attacks then I don't know what would constitute proof...:spin-icon:

Who here ever said F&F wasn't a set up from the start to create more gun control?