PDA

View Full Version : ak noob lookin for wood furniture

ATCak47
10-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Hello all,
I just bought my first ak47 its a vector brand with underfolder stock and an AUSA receiver. I bought it with a quad rail on it and want to put wood handgrips on the front. Can anyone help me out and let me know where I can find them?

videodon
10-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the addiction!
I'd try the usual auction sites as well as
http://ironwooddesigns.com/IWDsite/IWDHome.html
:)

El Laton Caliente
10-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Apex and Cope's sometimes have furniture. Centerfiresystems.com has in the past. Arsenal in Las Vegas and Vector itself are sources. And you can always try gunbroker.com and the other auction & classifieds sites.

Welcome to the board!

ATCak47
10-18-2011, 05:20 AM
Cool, Thanks for the help guys. Will the new furniture install by itself or will i need some help from a gunsmith. Im currently in the military and have been for 8 years so I know AR's inside and out. I just don't have much experience with AK's.

El Laton Caliente
10-18-2011, 06:03 AM
Cool, Thanks for the help guys. Will the new furniture install by itself or will i need some help from a gunsmith. Im currently in the military and have been for 8 years so I know AR's inside and out. I just don't have much experience with AK's.

The top and bottom fore grips are part of standard field strip. I don't have a quad rail on any of mine, but I think it has a couple of screws.

Palmetto.Vintovka
10-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Something to keep in mind when shopping for wooden furniture for your AK is that laminated furniture is stronger and will hold up better than solid wood. The Chinese and Bulgarian wooden furniture is solid wood. The only reason I can think of to purchase the Chinese furniture is if you are a collector. As for the Bulgarian "blonde" furniture, I just find it totally inappropriate for an AK.