PDA

View Full Version : Barry and the Pentagon Want to Monitor Your MIND ! (I joke NOT.)

Warthogg
10-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Obama’s Pentagon Wants to Monitor Your Mind

October 22, 2011

A new project being developed by Barack Obama’s Defense Department may allow federal agents to monitor you, without your knowledge, and determine whether you have committed thought crime.

How long will it be before the federal government decides vigilance against terrorism requires it to monitor its citizens for potential cognitive treason? How long before schoolchildren are monitored to see if they have been exposed to unapproved “narratives” in their homes? How will the government steer its message toward such people?

http://patriotupdate.com/13749/obamas-pentagon-wants-to-monitor-your-mind

The article at the link is short. Maybe consider taking 60 seconds and reading this one.

Wart

FunkyPertwee
10-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Memetic engineering is upon us.

TheMrMitch
10-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Crap. I'm in trouble.

LAGC
10-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Sounds like something straight out of the movie Minority Report.

Department of Pre-Crime, anyone?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/scared2.gif

Sergi762
10-22-2011, 04:32 PM
I find it interesting that an article of this significance is either outright ignored or slowly received and yet we have for page arguments over whether or not God is explicitly in the constitution and whether or not Joey is a troll.

EDIT: well this turned up later than it should have, serves me right to doze off and them hit send as I come back...

Schuetzenman
10-22-2011, 04:59 PM
I sure hope the world does roll over in 2012 cause that's about the only way this level of tyranny will be prevented from developing fully.

old Grump
10-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Do you suppose I will get a cell with a window?

Warthogg
10-22-2011, 10:13 PM

Maybe.....but a cell 'phone' will require a separate bribe.

There are a good many gun boards and gun board members. Wonder if we'll go to the same prison ??

Wart

davepool
10-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Maybe.....but a cell 'phone' will require a separate bribe.

There are a good many gun boards and gun board members. Wonder if we'll go to the same prison ??

Wart

Probably, at least we'll all have something in common to talk about.

stinker
10-22-2011, 11:55 PM

Y'all don't snore real loud do you?

I might have to piss a guard off and get solitary just to get a good nights sleep....

old Grump
10-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Y'all don't snore real loud do you?

I might have to piss a guard off and get solitary just to get a good nights sleep....I have been known to rattle windows and shake paint off the wall. I hope that won't be a problem for you. :lool:

mriddick
10-23-2011, 09:56 AM
I find it interesting that an article of this significance is either outright ignored or slowly received and yet we have for page arguments over whether or not God is explicitly in the constitution and whether or not Joey is a troll.

EDIT: well this turned up later than it should have, serves me right to doze off and them hit send as I come back...

What significance? Does anyone think the Pentagon is anywhere close to reading minds and predicting the future?

LAGC
10-23-2011, 10:29 AM
What significance? Does anyone think the Pentagon is anywhere close to reading minds and predicting the future?

Well, isn't TSA already implementing their fancy new psychological warfare techniques against potential terrorists? The idea being to interview each passenger before they board, and just try to read their facial expressions and mannerisms to see if they need extra scrutiny. I'm sure it won't be long until such a process is completely automated with facial scanners/software, at which case you better not come to the airport nervous for any reason, or you'll get the reach around.

Krupski
10-23-2011, 10:41 AM
http://patriotupdate.com/13749/obamas-pentagon-wants-to-monitor-your-mind

The article at the link is short. Maybe consider taking 60 seconds and reading this one.

Wart

Actually, if a computer and the proper software were to analyze everything a person "puts out there" (cell phone conversations, message board posts, medical records, medications used, etc...) as well as other personal details, it could make up a very complete and very accurate picture of a person's thinking patterns.

Not actually READ any mind, but "know" the person so well that their every actions could be predicted.

It's probably already being done.......

Krupski
10-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Well, isn't TSA already implementing their fancy new psychological warfare techniques against potential terrorists? The idea being to interview each passenger before they board, and just try to read their facial expressions and mannerisms to see if they need extra scrutiny. I'm sure it won't be long until such a process is completely automated with facial scanners/software, at which case you better not come to the airport nervous for any reason, or you'll get the reach around.

As I understand it, Israeli airports already have professional "psychologists" that watch the mannerisms and facial expressions of passengers in line to try and spot potential problems...

FunkyPertwee
10-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Actually, if a computer and the proper software were to analyze everything a person "puts out there" (cell phone conversations, message board posts, medical records, medications used, etc...) as well as other personal details, it could make up a very complete and very accurate picture of a person's thinking patterns.

Not actually READ any mind, but "know" the person so well that their every actions could be predicted.

Yep. Within 20 years "the machine" will know the location and activities of everyone within the system.

Seriously, just look at how they catch moonshiners and tell me it won't happen. They just keep track of how much sugar gets sold here and there, and who is buying too much of it. With as much public information that is available about all of us, they should be able to figure out just about anything.

I was thinking the other day about how much they would know about me just by requesting that google hand over all my account information. Add in all my posts on Gunsnet and they've got a pretty good picture of what I'm all about. If I did the facebook and everything else, they'ed REALLY know a lot.

Good thing I'm not ashamed of myself, because its going to be pretty hard to hide ANYTHING anymore.

Warthogg
10-23-2011, 10:53 AM

Agreed and most likely already being done in marketing.

Wart

FunkyPertwee
10-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Agreed and most likely already being done in marketing.

Wart

Its being done commercially as well as for political and theological ideas. There isn't a catch phrase on TV that wasn't analyzed by a team of twenty experts before being released.

Warthogg
10-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Its being done commercially as well as for political and theological ideas. There isn't a catch phrase on TV that wasn't analyzed by a team of twenty experts before being released.

Politics I consider under marketing but had no idea about theology.

Wart

FunkyPertwee
10-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Politics I consider under marketing but had no idea about theology.

Wart

I may not have chosen the correct word.

I just meant that the redefinition of words and ideas is done with the intent of manipulating the world view of those who accept these redefinitions.

The easiest example I can think of right now is Obama referring to tax increases as "revenues". This is done so that the weak minded always equate tax increase with revenue increase, regardless that tax increases begin to decrease revenue at a certain point.

Another obvious example is the calling the OWS freaks "the 99%". Say it enough and the sheep will believe.

mriddick
10-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Well, isn't TSA already implementing their fancy new psychological warfare techniques against potential terrorists? The idea being to interview each passenger before they board, and just try to read their facial expressions and mannerisms to see if they need extra scrutiny. I'm sure it won't be long until such a process is completely automated with facial scanners/software, at which case you better not come to the airport nervous for any reason, or you'll get the reach around.That is not really reading your mind is it? We really aren't talking about the Pentagon reading our minds as much as reading the information we leave about ourselves thrown about as we go on through our daily lives.

American Rage
10-23-2011, 07:17 PM
I suspect they already are.

In fact, I bet everything you say on the net is run through some type of security aparatus.

If the right things are said, or typed, you get a little visit, maybe even more than that.

Warthogg
10-23-2011, 07:35 PM

In fact, I bet everything you say on the net is run through some type of security aparatus.

If the right things are said, or typed, you get a little visit, maybe even more than that.

Yup......can you spell 'NSA' boys and girls ??

Wart

Also phone calls are monitored for key words/phrases.

mriddick
10-23-2011, 07:45 PM

How many people on the net do you suppose act like in real life as they type like they do in real life? I really think it's very common for people to talk one way on the net, then act another way in real life. If this is true I'm not sure what good it would do for the Pentagon to read all of our posts :)

American Rage
10-23-2011, 08:12 PM
How many people on the net do you suppose act like in real life as they type like they do in real life? I really think it's very common for people to talk one way on the net, then act another way in real life. If this is true I'm not sure what good it would do for the Pentagon to read all of our posts :)

thought crimes!

where have you been?

mriddick
10-23-2011, 08:14 PM
thought crimes!

where have you been?

Liv'in in the real world I guess :) :) :)

old Grump
10-23-2011, 08:32 PM
If it comes from my mouth or my pen or keyboard I was thinking it, I believe it and I mean it so if they want to have an excuse to get me I am easy to find. I was never known for having an excessive amount of tact or of being circumspect. In the service officers and senior NCO's loved me when the crap was going through the blades of the air movement enhancer but otherwise I was a pain in their caboose. I know it must be so because they kept telling me I was.