PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on some deals:

Schuetzenman
08-13-2010, 06:28 AM
Widner's in Johnson City, TN is having a sale on 30 round C Products m16 magazines. They have black with orange magpul type follower and black with gray mp type follower. Price is $6.99 per mag. Time to stock up.

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8701

Oh and looking further on their web site I see they have come back to earth on primer prices ... well at least for Wolf Brand primers anyway. $18 /1000 again, pre Obama prices once more! BTW if you are unfamiliar with Wolf brand primers I can tell you that my experience with them has been very positive. I use the small magnum rifle type which they recommend for .223 / 5.56 NATO self loading weapons. They work great, very good accuracy with Varget and ball powders suitable for this round. A buddy of mine that coaches a Jr. Rifle team told me about them. He said they were very accurate and about half the price of comperable US brand primers.

Richard Simmons
08-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I've dealt with these guys in the past when they had the Korean 30.06 ammo and was very pleased with that experience.

RJ Shooter
08-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks Schuetz!!!!

sevlex
08-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Which is better? Gray or orange follower?

:gruebel:

Schuetzenman
08-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Which is better? Gray or orange follower?

:gruebel:

The followers are exactly the same shape anti-tilt Magpul type followers. It's all about the color really, you like orange or gray better? My own collection of mags has quite a few C Products new mags post end of Assualt weapon ban. I have the black aluminum with orange follower mags and I have black stainless steel with black anti-tilt follower. I use the color difference to immediately tell if it's an Aluminum body mag or a Stainless mag. Helps me understand what I'm grabbing to take to the range. I've probably got 40 C Product 30 round mags and I paid about $8 to $9 each for the aluminum with orange follower mags. Now here they are for $7, best price I've seen ever on these short of buying 100 of them in a sealed case. Stock up, cause you never know when Obama, Harry Ried and Nancy Pelosi might decidethey're going to fuck with gun ownership.

Oh and one more testament for C Product mags, their 20 rounders are miles better than original GI 20 round mags. They have a curved model and they have a straight one with angled bottom like the GI but they have an enclosed back to the feed lips which make them as tough as the 30's. GI 20 rounders don't and IMO are much more vulnerable to lip damage. The C Product mags I have feed full stated capacity perfectly, 30 fit and work in the 30 rounders and 20 in the 20's.

Citizen Pain
08-14-2010, 02:38 PM
I think we need a Red Hot Deals thread so I can frequent it. Thanks for that link.

sevlex
08-24-2010, 06:36 PM
I ordered 10 and they just arrived today. Wideners included three used GI mag pouches. That was unexpected and a nice touch.