PDA

View Full Version : Kali cops gone mad, trash house, murder the dog

filthy phil
10-26-2011, 05:49 AM
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/10/24/stockton-homeowner-wants-police-to-fix-trashed-house/

STOCKTON (CBS13) — The San Jose Police Department stormed into a Stockton home searching for an accused killer, but they left without him, and left behind a complete mess.

“I feel like a war was taken on here, and we lost,” homeowner Joann Rice told CBS13.

Almost all of the windows are smashed in, there are holes in the wall, and there’s a layer of tear gas in the air so thick breathing it in makes you cough

“They told her if there was anything left in that house, it’s dead,” she said. “We were hysterical and thought the puppies were dead, the other dog was dead.”

Schuetzenman
10-26-2011, 05:58 AM
Well, what can a person say except "that's fucked up".

LAGC
10-26-2011, 05:59 AM
I hate to say it, but I really think we need to end police immunity from law-suits.

When cops fuck up and raid the wrong house, the municipality should be liable for any damages that incur, at the very least. That should put pressure on city councilmen (and county commissioners in the case of sheriffs departments) to reign in their goons and make heads roll whenever they seriously fuck up.

Collateral damage may be acceptable in war, but its completely unacceptable in a supposedly "civilized" society.

Ronwicp
10-26-2011, 09:18 AM
The dogs, fortunately, are in good condition.

They just trashed the house.

Warthogg
10-26-2011, 12:02 PM
I hate to say it, but I really think we need to end police immunity from law-suits.

I don't believe the police departments have immunity from law-suits.

Wart

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/suing-the-police.html

tank_monkey
10-26-2011, 01:10 PM
What appears to be more egregious is that the lone reason that the police trashed the woman's house is because the woman's daughter is an acquaintance with the biker whom they believed murdered the Hells Angels guy at the biker funeral. But the woman claims that the man had never been in the house nor had visited the house. IF true, then this is police incompetence of the highest order.

But .....

If the man was indeed living there, the woman is lying and they just missed him, then there is some justification for their actions, though I still think they should pay for all the property damages.

What's kinda weird is that San Jose is 80 miles away from Stockton. Kinda out of their jurisdiction isn't it?

Warthogg
10-26-2011, 01:32 PM
What's kinda weird is that San Jose is 80 miles away from Stockton. Kinda out of their jurisdiction isn't it?

Yup is weird and I missed that.

Wart

Penguin
10-26-2011, 06:04 PM

I was wondring about that myself when I read it.

1 Patriot-of-many
10-27-2011, 11:57 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, police officers need to be PERSONALLY liable. The game would change, they'd no longer be Gods to do whatever they want with impunity.

L1A1Rocker
10-27-2011, 11:59 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, police officers need to be PERSONALLY liable. The game would change, they'd no longer be Gods to do whatever they want with impunity.

You are 100% correct. The attitude would change completely if their retirement fund was on the line.

1 Patriot-of-many
10-27-2011, 11:59 AM

When cops fuck up and raid the wrong house, the municipality should be liable for any damages that incur, at the very least. That should put pressure on city councilmen (and county commissioners in the case of sheriffs departments) to reign in their goons and make heads roll whenever they seriously fuck up.

Collateral damage may be acceptable in war, but its completely unacceptable in a supposedly "civilized" society.

Disagree, it shouldn't be me paying the bill for egregious actions, it should be the officers who blindly follow orders or participate.