PDA

View Full Version : The U.N. Predicts the World's Population Explosion: Visualized

LAGC
10-26-2011, 07:27 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/datablog/interactive/2011/oct/26/un-world-population-growth?intcmp=122

What's most interesting is that both China and India appear to be getting a reign on their population growths. (Click on "2010-2100" to just see future growth.) But Africa is straight out of control, they're breeding like rabbits even though millions are already starving, as basic food costs are becoming more than many can afford, and its only going to get worse the more we over-populate this planet.

I think its safe to say that most of this world's future wars are going to be fought in Africa, as more mass-starvations and genocides are in store for them -- nature's crude way of fighting back.

So much needless suffering and death, yet many church groups "helping out" over there still actively oppose providing basic access to birth control and abortion services.

mriddick
10-26-2011, 07:38 AM
India does not have control of their population, they just keep saying they will. By 2030 they will displace China as the most populated country. The problem in the 3rd world countries would fix itself if we tied education to our support (don't educate, get no healthcare, etc...). What we do in the 3rd world countries is akin to what a crazy cat lady does, all we do is give them enough help to allow them to breed themselves into bigger problems to come.

LAGC
10-26-2011, 07:43 AM
What we do in the 3rd world countries is akin to what a crazy cat lady does, all we do is give them enough help to allow them to breed themselves into bigger problems to come.

Agreed. That's why whenever I see groups like the Christian Children's Fund begging for money to "save a starving child" -- I feel bad for the kids of course, but know by giving them any money it would only lead to more suffering and death down the road.

I know its "tough love," but we've got to put our foot down and change our approach or the cycle will only get worse.

bum_whisperer
10-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Agreed. That's why whenever I see groups like the Christian Children's Fund begging for money to "save a starving child" -- I feel bad for the kids of course, but know by giving them any money it would only lead to more suffering and death down the road.

I know its "tough love," but we've got to put our foot down and change our approach or the cycle will only get worse.

There are too many bums in this country that need tended to first. Once our house is in order, then we can extend a helping hand.

O.S.O.K.
10-26-2011, 10:01 AM
This will have to be adjusted after the coming world-wide depression.

Those numbers in africa will shrink considerably as there will be a tremendous loss of life there from mass starvation.

Countries that have in the past rendered aid will not be forethcoming if their own countries are in need.

Further, the things that make giving them aid there difficult will be even worse (war lords steeling the food, etc.).

Any place that is dependent on other country's generosity will suffer.

Warthogg
10-26-2011, 11:52 AM
I think its safe to say that most of this world's future wars are going to be fought in Africa......

Yup...resource wars will mostly be fought on the African continent. I would expect these wars to go for at least 20 - 30 years.

Wart

Gun Toting Lefty
10-26-2011, 12:13 PM
resource wars

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Wars

"The Resource Wars were a series of conflicts that began in April 2052 with the start of the war between the European Commonwealth and the Middle East, and ended with the Great War on October 23, 2077. Some of the conflicts include the annexation of Canada by the United States and the Chinese invasion of Alaska."

FunkyPertwee
10-26-2011, 12:32 PM
So is LAGC a Malthusian now?

What I find funny is the progressives saying that its OUR population growth that is out of control, when its obvious that the areas of little or negative growth is the educated wealthy (the American middle class). We're actually going to need growth in order to compete with these growing economic giants.

How about instead of adding condoms and abortions to our list of aid, we just stop sending free food and instead start sending books on modern agriculture.

Warthogg
10-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Warthogg View Post
resource wars

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Resource_Wars

"The Resource Wars were a series of conflicts that began in April 2052 with the start of the war between the European Commonwealth and the Middle East, and ended with the Great War on October 23, 2077. Some of the conflicts include the annexation of Canada by the United States and the Chinese invasion of Alaska."

Some of the conflicts include the annexation of Canada by the United States

"The Resource Wars were a series of conflicts that began in April 2052......."

First of all Canada is toast so far as being an independent country. That I understand and should have said so. I expect the US will manage Canada much like China presently manages Hong Kong and Macao (one China with three different economic structures).*

The US will also take over the natural resources in Mexico. (Mexico is not a poor country....only her people are poor.) The Mexican politicians just steal too much for the country to be an efficient producer.

2052.....I don't see us being able to wait that long. We will pull back from Iraq, invest little more in Afghanistan and begin to rest our troops and rebuild/replace our machinery of war. My guess is the resource wars will begin no later than 2020.

Wart

*And China will eventually manage Taiwan without ever firing a shot.

GTL...thanks for that link. Was new and interesting to me.

Warthogg
10-26-2011, 12:49 PM
......start sending books on modern agriculture.

Oh we do not do things in that manner. We dictate how to farm. Sorta like the system in the Soviet Union where everyone was told to plow on the same day. Not here in the US of course...only those countries we 'help'.

Wart