PDA

View Full Version : How should I deal with this?

Abakan
10-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Make a long story short. Right after my Grandmother passed away my Grandfather moved a nasty ass, money grubbing whore in with him. That was all fine it was his business so I kept my mouth shut.. OK, last week he gets sick and hospitalized. He was diagnosed with lung cancer so I guess he wised up and kicked the whore to the curb.. Yesterday he calls me and says she went to his bank, forged his name on a check for $10,000. The bank said she would be imprisoned if he didnt give permission so he says... Well she took care of me for 5yrs I don't want her to go to jail so he said he gave permission.

This does not sit well with me at all, and I'm not sure of what or any legal action can be taken. He hasn't been diagnosed but I think he has early stages of alzhiemers disease. And he is 74yr old and 10grand is alot of money for him.

Is there anything at all I can do legally about this, besides convince him to press charges?

O.S.O.K.
10-27-2011, 07:58 PM
You would have to have him agree to sign himslef over to you to care for him - give you power of attorney and then you'd have to sue her to get the money back...

Abakan
10-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Ya, he's a VERY old-schooled, Independent man.. I don't see that happening unless his condition deteriorates to an extreme point.

mriddick
10-27-2011, 08:22 PM
He has already told them he gave her permission? I'd say it's too late, or atleast a very steep up hill battle at this point for that 10 grand.

Abakan
10-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Ya, he told the bank that... I can't believe it. Would the fact that she forged his name have any effect?

El Laton Caliente
10-27-2011, 08:35 PM
This is a hard one. He was lonely and got his comfort be it as it was... His point of view sucks but it is his. Not sure what I would do.

Forgery is forgery though.

mriddick
10-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Ya, he told the bank that... I can't believe it. Would the fact that she forged his name have any effect?

I'd start with the bank and ask how a woman shows up and signs a check to an account of a guy. I friends dad did something very close to this, as long as he's in sound mind and won't press charges it's going to be tough to prosecute.

Bluntforce
10-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Call an attorney to come to the hospital (yes, you WILL have to pay). Run it by the attorney in front of your grandfather. Listen to the options presented. Pick one, if your grandfather is willing. Establish WHO the lawyer is representing with said option, this can not be stressed enough.

Take the action agreed upon by you and your grandfather. Forget the $10,000 it's gone.

CALL THE BANK! and make sure they know that she is NOT to get anymore money out of that account.

Contact DA about the forged signature for pressing charges, do this before broaching or re-broaching subject with your grandfather. No reason to piss him off over what could be nothing. Chances are your grandfather
will have say over pressing charges unless the DA wants to represent the state over it. And once again, the money is gone.