PDA

View Full Version : Direct tv to drop channels, FX, Fox movie, Nat Geo, and several others 11-1-11

PROBASCO
10-27-2011, 09:47 PM
HERE IS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.
http://www.keepmynets.com/

FX, FOX Regional Sports Networks, SPEED, National Geographic Channel, FOX Soccer, FOX Soccer Plus, FOX Deportes, FUEL TV and FOX Movie Channel.

And soon, you may lose FOX News Channel and in some markets your local FOX station.

No more SONS of ANARCHY?

If your on direct tv, here is the link to complain.
MAKE THEM KEEP THEIR CONTRACT WITH YOU OR THREATEN TO LEAVE.

http://support.directv.com/app/ask

Oswald Bastable
10-27-2011, 10:28 PM
And DTV is trying to pass it off on their customers. They have a website up about it (www.ourpromisetoyou.com) where they state:

News Corp has demanded that DIRECTV customers pay nearly 40% more for the same channels they already receive. If a new deal is not reached, we will be forced to suspend the channels as early as Nov. 1.

So Fox wants to raise the price to DTV by nearly 40% and DTV is playing as though Fox wants customers to pay 40% more, essentially stating, "No way we're eating this extra cost, we're passing it right on to you."

Now add to this little drama the fact that both Fox and DTV are owned by Rupert Murdoch...so effectively, Rupert has planned to raise the prices he gets from customers, on channels he owns, from customers who are already paying him for those channels through DTV, and passing it all of as "Big Bad Fox" bullying DTV into paying more, DTV bullying the customers into paying more for them.

Me, I say fuckem, drop the channels; and hopefully more will see through the charade and drop DTV as well.

Call 'em if you want, but I'm thinking I'm seriously gonna go all streaming in the near future. Fox, Rupert & DTV can all suck my dick.

LAGC
10-28-2011, 07:45 AM
That will kind of suck if FX (Sons of Anarchy) gets taken down, but I'd rather just pay $1.99 per episode to stream off Amazon each week than pay $10+/month for those other worthless channels.

slamfire51
10-28-2011, 08:16 AM
The channels I watch most with DTV are NatGeo, local channels, and Science.
If they drop NatGeo, which I doubt they will, I'm stuck with only one channel of interest.

Being out in the 'boonies', digital broadcast reception is bad at best. I suppose there are antennas out there that offer fringe reception. If DTV does increase their monthly fees, I will be forced to look into broadcast options.

I never liked the channel options they offer. Hundreds of channels I never watch like infomercials, and music channels. The ideal option would be to let the customer choose which channels they prefer, which will never, ever happen.

They may be losing a 8 year customer if they go this route.

Solidus-snake
10-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Fuckem, I left DTV years ago n never looked back.

El Laton Caliente
10-28-2011, 08:41 AM
The channels I watch most with DTV are NatGeo, local channels, and Science.
If they drop NatGeo, which I doubt they will, I'm stuck with only one channel of interest.

Being out in the 'boonies', digital broadcast reception is bad at best. I suppose there are antennas out there that offer fringe reception. If DTV does increase their monthly fees, I will be forced to look into broadcast options.

I never liked the channel options they offer. Hundreds of channels I never watch like infomercials, and music channels. The ideal option would be to let the customer choose which channels they prefer, which will never, ever happen.

They may be losing a 8 year customer if they go this route.

I'm in your boat. Fox News and other Fox channels are about half or more of our TV viewing. The wife watches a lot of home improvement stuff. Direct TV and Dish are really our only two options as far out in the boonies as we are.

Solidus-snake
10-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Got cable myself.

Broondog
10-28-2011, 12:39 PM
gee, where have i heard all of this before? hmmm.....

was it 6 or 12 months ago? was Dish Network the carrier in question? did it happen?

something tells me NO.

the sky is not falling......yet.

just my two cents. and if i'm wrong, oh well. there is still the internet for news and rouge biker entertainment.

blobman
10-28-2011, 09:03 PM
goddammittcharlie:dizzy:

Prometheus168
10-29-2011, 12:50 AM
They drop them.. I drop them........ I love FoxSports.... FSSW.... FX... Fox News.....

Rusty

Partisan1983
10-29-2011, 01:43 AM
I am so jealous of you guys that live in parts of the Nation where you have multiple carriers to choose from....

davepool
10-29-2011, 03:41 AM
Got cable myself.

Me too, but the same services i paid $125 for 18 months ago are now $175 per month

Gunreference1
10-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Back in January of this year I dropped Bresnan cable (now Optimum/Cablevision) and went with Dish Network. Cablevision was forcing their customers to pay more for a digital signal. DirectTV can't provide the local TV stations' signals. I'm very happy with Dish Network! Just my $0.02.

Steve

Ronwicp
10-29-2011, 06:42 AM
I can tell you right now I wont pay 40% more than I am right now.

I do watch some of those channels so I wonder if they will compensate me any for not having them.

Helen Keller
10-29-2011, 08:16 AM
..... I ain't had TV in over 10 years..

See the joys I'm missing out on.

:lool:

Oswald Bastable
10-29-2011, 01:24 PM
I can tell you right now I wont pay 40% more than I am right now.

I do watch some of those channels so I wonder if they will compensate me any for not having them.

I think they're implying 40% more for those channels, not your total bill; so your bill will probably have to increase by several dollars. Death by a thousand cuts...

Hobe Sound AK
10-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Cable Here! dont have to worry about that. I have my choice of several Packages from Comcast. Never did want Dish. Who need the News in Russia?

Broondog
11-15-2011, 10:44 PM
hey, ummm, check it out.......

15 days after the deadline and DirecTV still has all those channels that were "in question".

see, i told you the sky wasn't falling.

:lool:

Oswald Bastable
11-16-2011, 01:46 AM
hey, ummm, check it out.......

15 days after the deadline and DirecTV still has all those channels that were "in question".

Yeah, they struck a deal at the eleventh hour. What remains to be seen is when and how much rates increase.

Charliebravo
11-16-2011, 09:22 PM
They drop them.. I drop them........ I love FoxSports.... FSSW.... FX... Fox News.....

Rusty+1. I loves me some Sons of Anarchy and most of our beloved Aggies' games are on Fox Sports or FX. Doesn't matter to me though. I've got Charter cable.