PDA

View Full Version : MarColMar Firearms Giving Me The Run Around

ATAK, Inc.
08-13-2010, 10:53 AM
I purchased a PKM collectors kit for over $6,500 last year and when it came in, it went into the safe for storage. In May I took it out to play with and found the bolt carrier was non matching so they exchanged the rifle for one that 'Dave' at MarColMar stated "was matching"! When I received it it was the same, with a non matching bolt carrier. At first, they offered some form of compensation to make up for this but never followed thru. I just re-opened the issue and got this reply;
"Hi Tom,

We had some carriers that were stamped and some that were not stamped. The carrier that you received was not stamped the markings are inspectors and run stamps. You do have a matching gun.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Melissa

Because they are now sold out of these, how would this information all of the sudden come to light?
I am pissed! I exchanged the original weapon for one of slightly less quality, sent them pics of the issue, and was told they would make it right. Now they are saying, "Tough, you got what you got!"
I was not asking for anything out of the ordinary, even offered for them to send me the spare parts kit (retails for $259, their cost being much lower) and approx. $400.
I think getting the BBB involved is one avenue, can you think of anything else to do?

Mind you, this is a $6,500 collectors kit, not some $600 AK!

Gunreference1
08-13-2010, 11:12 AM
MarColMar is located in Indiana. I would recommend filing a complaint with the Office of the Indiana Attorney General. Just my $0.02.

http://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/2434.htm

Steve

ATAK, Inc.
08-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks Steve, great idea. I just forwarded all of the emails regarding the whole mess back to Dave at marcolmar, including this statement he made in on of his previous responses, "I will still provide accomodation for the difference minus the shipping I've incurred."

Will update as this goes!

I am royally pissed at this whole mess!

mriddick
08-13-2010, 12:01 PM
I wonder if taking almost a year to start complaining will hurt your case with the BBB, is there any time limit on submitting a complaint?

Is it true the carriers are not numbered and they could be inspector markings?

ATAK, Inc.
08-13-2010, 12:24 PM
I wonder if taking almost a year to start complaining will hurt your case with the BBB, is there any time limit on submitting a complaint?

Is it true the carriers are not numbered and they could be inspector markings?

Dave accepted the first one after 7 months because it had sat and was unfired. The replacement is now under question for the same issue, and yes, there are inspector stamps on it, along with a set of numbers that do not match the serial number. I just mailed him back with a simple compromise. Will keep you posted.

mriddick
08-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Good luck,

El Jefe
08-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Good luck,

+1

Damn, that's a lot of greenbacks for something that's not right, I'd be livid!

Bettendorf
08-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Good luck to ya. I need to check and see if mine's matching!

ATAK, Inc.
08-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Good luck to ya. I need to check and see if mine's matching!

Well, Dave and I reached an agreement that is mutually beneficial.

And Bettendorf, if the carrier is not marked, that is OK. As long as it does not have a different serial number, it may have proof and other marks.
I confirmed this with both Wiselite (the manufacturer) and VLOTR (who makes the receiver and also builds post-86 full-auto versions), both stating that the carriers on Hungarian kits may or may not have serial Numbers. If yours does not have the serial number, Wiselite will add it for a fee of $40, just ship to them and that covers return shipping. PM me if you need any info.

If marcolmar had provided this tidbit from the get, instead of 2 months of hassle later, a lot of headache could have been avoided.

Tom
In the end, everybody is happy, we shook hands and walked away feeling good about the whole mess.

Gunreference1
08-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Glad to hear you were able to get everything worked out.

Steve

Penguin
09-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Glad to hear it worked out. I don't think my bolt carrier has a serial number on it. I am curious now and will have to look.

ATAK, Inc.
09-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Glad to hear it worked out. I don't think my bolt carrier has a serial number on it. I am curious now and will have to look.

If it doesn't, I found out that WiseLite will add it for $40, all you got to do is ship it to them. About a week turn time.

Penguin
09-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Good to know though I don't think I would bother. If I was buying it and veiwing it as a coloctors piece I certianly would. I bought it to shoot it though so I am not so concerened if an internal part does or doesn't have the same serial number.