PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Having Internet Problems?

American Rage
10-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed that response times for websites seemed to have gotten much longer. I'm thinkin' that there is a new generation of "pop-ups" and it takes time to fight through them.

Also, I find it very aggravating when I try to go from one window to another and my PC doesn't respond or freezes up for a minute or two. Also, I'm getting a lot of X is not responding.

Anybody have a clue? I've run dozens of scans with AVG, Avast, Adware, Spy Searches, etc., etc. They always show me to be clean of infections, and yet the same old shit is continuing. It's getting very frustrating.

El Laton Caliente
10-28-2011, 10:32 AM
I've had some of that and several times I've had to restart IE or reboot then try again.

O.S.O.K.
10-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Yes, I was having the same issues - I got the PCmatic "service" and it solved the problem... but I have to run it once a week to keep things lubricated.

It must be as you say - some new type of pop ups or something... plays hell with my browser...

Krupski
10-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed that response times for websites seemed to have gotten much longer. I'm thinkin' that there is a new generation of "pop-ups" and it takes time to fight through them.

Mozilla Firefox + Adblock Plus + Adblock Element Hider = No popups, no grief.

If you're using MSIE... well then I can't help you. Nobody can. :)

Warthogg
10-28-2011, 11:25 AM
AR, have you tried running a Boot Time scan with Avast ?

American Rage
10-28-2011, 12:01 PM
AR, have you tried running a Boot Time scan with Avast ?

not in a while

I just set my computer to block all pop ups, it seems to have helped quite a bit

But it also prevents me from going to a hot link.

On another site, they seem to be blaming the problem on a new Google spyware called "Analytics"

Apparently, this is the latest in tracking devices. They claim a new antispy/adware program called "Ghostery" will stop it.

blacksheep
10-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Don't worry it's just Barry and his czars trying out his new internet control systems.:frech11:

old Grump
10-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Thought it was my computer so I ran all my virus check and computer cleaning programs. Good thing because I got rid of 3 viruses and a Trojan I didn't know I had. Helped some but not much so I assumed it was just the lines being loaded down with traffic.

slamfire51
10-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Nope, no problems at all.
Fast as usual.

O.S.O.K.
10-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Don't worry it's just Barry and his czars trying out his new internet control systems.:frech11:

Which explains why WE'RE all having trouble....

davepool
10-29-2011, 11:41 PM
I thought it was just my computer, i have a cable modem which is usually pretty fast,but lately it's been freezing up a lot....we're being watched.

shorthair
10-30-2011, 06:13 AM
Me too. IE. I thought it was related to Hoppe's #9.

alismith
10-30-2011, 07:17 AM
I thought it was just my computer, i have a cable modem which is usually pretty fast,but lately it's been freezing up a lot....we're being watched.

Same problem here, too. IE seems to be using a lot of memory and causing freeze-ups if I let computer stay on MSN homepage for a while.

TEN-32
10-30-2011, 07:25 AM
Firefox. No problems.

American Rage
10-30-2011, 12:19 PM
I had two rootkits installed on my PC.

Had to go into safemode to remove them with AVG and Adware

slamfire51
10-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I had two rootkits installed on my PC.

Had to go into safemode to remove them with AVG and Adware

You don't have them running when online?
I use Firefox and AVG, and haven't had any problems with slow downs.

Helen Keller
10-30-2011, 01:10 PM
Im using firefox and in the last 3 days It's been taking 30-45 seconds to open

Didnt start this until I installed STEAM so I could play duke nukem.

Oswald Bastable
10-30-2011, 03:17 PM
No problems here. Opera with ad and popup blocking, Avast, Comodo firewall, peerblock stopping all unwanted attempts to contact my 'puter from outside.

Interwebz is as fast as it's always been with my DSL connection.

I don't use Interwebz Exploder unless I absolutely have to.