PDA

View Full Version : Progress... ? Oh it's California! Well I'll Be Damned!

btcave
10-30-2011, 11:49 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/high-school-students-crowned-americas-first-lesbian-homecoming-140805984.html

Two California high school students became one of the first lesbian couples crowned homecoming king and queen in the nation this weekend.

Rebeca Arellano, a senior at Patrick Henry High School, was made the school's first female homecoming king when her name was announced Friday at a pep rally.

"They were chanting my name and it was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had," said Arellano.

Arellano's girlfriend, Haileigh Adams, who also attends Patrick Henry High School, was made homecoming queen at Saturday night's dance.

"I was happier than when I won, my little Haileigh has just been announced Homecoming queen and I couldn't feel happier! Thanks to every single one of you! You guys made this happen and we are all part of something huge. I can't fully express how grateful I am. I am in completely shocked that this happen. My girl looks absolutely flawless," wrote Arellano on Facebook Saturday night.

The two girls told ABC News that they're thankful for the abundance of support they've received from family, friends, and students and staff at the school.

Arellano said one of her teachers told her, "Today school is a bit better because of you girls."

Arellano's Facebook wall is covered with congratulatory notes from her friends.

"Thank you all for allowing this change to happen," Arellano posted on Facebook.

Adams said they have received negative feedback as well.

"We have a lot of support, but there are also a lot of people who are angry about it," she said. "Anonymous Patrick Henry students are saying they're embarrassed and that it's wrong for a girl to take the spot of king. But there's no other way for us to run as a couple. It's not really fair for us not to have the right to run as a couple."

Arellano posted a statement to those who opposed her on her Facebook wall that read: "For all the girls who think tradition should be continued, go back to the kitchen, stop having sex before you're married, get out of school and job system, don't have an opinion, don't own any property, give up the right to marry who you love, don't vote, and allow your husband to do whatever he pleases to you. Think about the meaning of tradition when you use it in your argument against us."

Adams and Arellano both came out their freshman year of high school, and they began dating in February of their sophomore year. They say their parents were supportive both when they came out and when they started dating.

tank_monkey
10-31-2011, 01:55 AM
There's always going to be those people who want to push the envelope of 'societal norms'. The only 'news' here is "Why is it getting so much press from the National media?" Most folks here haven't even HEARD of it, much less care.

Partisan1983
10-31-2011, 02:50 AM
There's always going to be those people who want to push the envelope of 'societal norms'. The only 'news' here is "Why is it getting so much press from the National media?" Most folks here haven't even HEARD of it, much less care.

Agreed :thumbsup:

bum_whisperer
11-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Yeah see? Pushing the envelope of societal norms is okay even when it's an abomination of mankind. Now that it's okay with the kalifucktards, it will be coming to a town near you. Kalifornikators lead the way in stupidity...look at all of the gun laws that are okay that originated there.

tank_monkey
11-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah see? Pushing the envelope of societal norms is okay even when it's an abomination of mankind. Now that it's okay with the kalifucktards, it will be coming to a town near you. Kalifornikators lead the way in stupidity...look at all of the gun laws that are okay that originated there.

THERE YOU GO AGAIN BUM WHISPERER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Warthogg
11-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Two California high school students became one of the first lesbian couples crowned homecoming king and queen in the nation this weekend.

No explicit pics or video ??

Wart

Krupski
11-01-2011, 02:01 PM
No explicit pics or video ??

Wart

How do they decide which one is the king?

El Duce
11-01-2011, 02:15 PM

The one that looks more "butch?"

bum_whisperer
11-01-2011, 02:16 PM
THERE YOU GO AGAIN BUM WHISPERER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

So now you're a mod around here? I posted my fucking opinion about your worthless state, take it or leave it. Pack sand...you have a lot of it there.

tank_monkey
11-01-2011, 02:56 PM
So now you're a mod around here? I posted my fucking opinion about your worthless state, take it or leave it. Pack sand...you have a lot of it there.

You're baiting the California members of this board and you know it. You're intentionally instigating a flame war .... again. You're just a trouble maker who whines about his 'rights' when anyone calls him out on his bullshit.

davepool
11-01-2011, 03:04 PM

Coin Toss?

tank_monkey
11-01-2011, 03:09 PM
The one that looks more "butch?"

El Duce, you decide. And yes, there has been a LOT of criticism of this action, much of it either labeled by the press as "homophobic bullying" or ignored completely.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0154368b8f0a970c-640wi

O.S.O.K.
11-01-2011, 03:28 PM
You're baiting the California members of this board and you know it. You're intentionally instigating a flame war .... again. You're just a trouble maker who whines about his 'rights' when anyone calls him out on his bullshit.

I know he baited you but how about just not responding - if he keeps at it, then it'll be on him. If not, you're both in "bed" together so to speak... ;)

And bum, it will. You can express your opinion about stuff like this without the baiting. You are pushing this in this thread... the eyes of the staff are upon you.

Thank you both for your cooperation an understanding of why this constant juvenile bickering is annoying to the membership as a whole.

Richard Simmons
11-01-2011, 04:23 PM
El Duce, you decide. And yes, there has been a LOT of criticism of this action, much of it either labeled by the press as "homophobic bullying" or ignored completely.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0154368b8f0a970c-640wi

Thank God. I was expecting to see at least one mullet.

tank_monkey
11-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Thank God. I was expecting to see at least one mullet.

Actually, it's kinda a shame. They're NOT bad looking women

bum_whisperer
11-01-2011, 05:10 PM

I have no rights...this is a private forum and I'm within the rules. I don't see what the problem is, you get away with breaking the rules here and I get to pay for your emotional outbursts.

BTW, I don't see any other kali's disagreeing with my opinion here.

And bum, it will. You can express your opinion about stuff like this without the baiting. You are pushing this in this thread... the eyes of the staff are upon you.

Thank you both for your cooperation an understanding of why this constant juvenile bickering is annoying to the membership as a whole.

Yours aren't the only eyes. :roflwithfeetcv2:

I know all about the annoyance, as I'm the focal point of it.

El Jefe
11-01-2011, 07:34 PM
So I guess discriminating against males is cool at this school?

Kadmos
11-01-2011, 07:47 PM
So I guess discriminating against males is cool at this school?

Were males not allowed to run?

Seems to me these girls ran, the students voted, and the girls won. Good for them, set a goal, achieve the goal.

El Jefe
11-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Were males not allowed to run?

Seems to me these girls ran, the students voted, and the girls won. Good for them, set a goal, achieve the goal.

Well, it's intended to be both for boys and girls, hence king and queen. But the fact that you have no issue with this travesty doesn't surprise. You are as predictable as my watch.

Kadmos
11-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Well, it's intended to be both for boys and girls, hence king and queen. But the fact that you have no issue with this travesty doesn't surprise. You are as predictable as my watch.

Total travesty, like OMG is sooo should have been Brad and like Janet, cause Brad is like Captain of the like football team and Janet is like totally head cheerleader, and like Brad totally has a penis, not that I've like actually seen it or anything, but like I assume it's like there, you know. And like OMG they are so like cute together, it's just a travesty they didn't like win, ya know, like a total travesty.

Seriously though, why should I care in the least who becomes the homecoming King and Queen of a school where I don't go, don't know anyone who goes there, and don't even live in the state? This is a honest case of they could have really make the king and queen a lab rat and a mouse and I honestly don't really fucking care.

So yeah it comes down to a couple gals ran, and won, congrats...next!

El Jefe
11-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Total travesty, like OMG is sooo should have been Brad and like Janet, cause Brad is like Captain of the like football team and Janet is like totally head cheerleader, and like Brad totally has a penis, not that I've like actually seen it or anything, but like I assume it's like there, you know. And like OMG they are so like cute together, it's just a travesty they didn't like win, ya know, like a total travesty.

Seriously though, why should I care in the least who becomes the homecoming King and Queen of a school where I don't go, don't know anyone who goes there, and don't even live in the state? This is a honest case of they could have really make the king and queen a lab rat and a mouse and I honestly don't really fucking care.

So yeah it comes down to a couple gals ran, and won, congrats...next!

Well yeah, let's just promote anything and everything in the schools. What could be the harm? Hell let's also let the 50 year old teachers have a go at the freshmen, what the heck, I don't go there or know anyone who does.

These are kids, fool. I'm thinking my ideas on what's good for young impressionable minds and yours are quite different.

Kadmos
11-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Well yeah, let's just promote anything and everything in the schools. What could be the harm? Hell let's also let the 50 year old teachers have a go at the freshmen, what the heck, I don't go there or know anyone who does.

These are kids, fool. I'm thinking my ideas on what's good for young impressionable minds and yours are quite different.

So we shouldn't promote the kids to vote for who they want as homecoming king and queen?

Letting them decide something that even they know hardly matters is somehow equal to statutory rape?

What exactly gives you the right to say for instance that my daughter shouldn't be able to run for class president, homecoming king, or captain of the football team for that matter?

This is hardly "anything goes", it's a matter of allowing one student to attempt to do the exact same thing another student attempts to do.

LAGC
11-01-2011, 10:39 PM

Oh please. You probably think being gay is a choice and that somehow "teh gay" will rub off on young impressionable straight kids.

:laugh:

***Newsflash*** The only ones who truly "choose" are bisexual in the first place.

bum_whisperer
11-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Oh please. You probably think being gay is a choice and that somehow "teh gay" will rub off on young impressionable straight kids.

:laugh:

***Newsflash*** The only ones who truly "choose" are bisexual in the first place.

Though it may not be a choice, you CHOOSE how you act. If you're gay, you can choose to act out on that which is abnormal and a sin, or you can choose to repress it and lead as much of a normal existence as you can. Regarding your newsflash comment, did that justify your sexuality when you were imprisoned? Was the choice yours or your cell mates? Don't answer those, I could care less.