PDA

View Full Version : Newish Black Rifle ... Pre M249

kimberkid
10-31-2011, 06:42 AM
A while back someone on another forum was asking about the Colt LMG ... and reminded me that it was a gun I wanted several years ago but never got around to getting, the itch resurfaced with a vengeance :)

A few weeks ago I found this Colt LMG upper still NIB on Gunbroker ... with all the accessories, bi-pod, enhanced bolt and firing pin and hydraulic buffer to slow the rate of fire ... the price I got it for would have been good even if it had been used; it arrived Thursday and a Colt AR15-A2 H-BAR Sporter I also found on the Gunbroker arrived at my FFL on Friday.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/kimberkid/Toys/P1010335.jpg

Now if I ever come up with the scratch for a DIAS or registered lower I can it shoot to its potential!

Helen Keller
10-31-2011, 07:35 AM
THey still use em.

I want one too BUT.. other than $$$$ COlt the only other option is blackthorne :losing-it:

5.56NATO
11-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Canada fielded some of those for a while as I recall.

Schuetzenman
11-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Nice. I remember when those were for sale back in the mid 1990's.

Partisan1983
11-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Very cool!

I assume it's a closed bolt model. If I remember correctly didn't the open bolt models have reliability problems?

kimberkid
11-27-2011, 09:55 PM
I assume it's a closed bolt model. If I remember correctly didn't the open bolt models have reliability problems?

Yep, closed bolt ... actually a semi-auto bolt. As I understand it he reliability problems were initially due to it being too fast, but Colt remedied that by designing a hydraulic buffer to slow the rate of fire ... another problem with open bolt design was the hammer axle pins elongating the holes in the lower receiver

gpwasr10
12-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Man, it has been a LONG time since I've seen one of those.

Very Sweet!