PDA

View Full Version : Going to get hernia operation

shotdown61
10-31-2011, 03:46 PM
I am wondering from others how it turned out.
My main concern is will I be able to get around after its done.
Some say they couldnt get out of bed for several days and some not.
I live alone and will have to take care of the animals and myself once I get home.
Doctor plans to do both sides on friday and am getting a little nervous about the whole thing.Any input will help.
Also my house is a two story and bed is upstairs.Will I make it?

ATAK, Inc.
10-31-2011, 03:56 PM
I've had a total of 5 hernia operations, two of which were to fix previous repairs.

Getting both sides done at once is going to limit you big time. I was able to get around right away, making the good side take up the slack. You might want to setup a bed downstairs to save a lot of pain and aggrevation. Also, get the pet food and what ever else you will need to do close at hand to save having to move around much.

Good luck with the operation. Are they putting mesh in to do the repair?

shotdown61
10-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Yes it will be a mesh job.
This is going to suck!Maybe I should just do one side at a time.
I think all of this is making me sick!
I am no stranger to pain.Had a shit load of pain from the torn rotor cuff.Just not sure if this will beat it.

ATAK, Inc.
10-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Yes it will be a mesh job.
This is going to suck!Maybe I should just do one side at a time.
I think all of this is making me sick!
I am no stranger to pain.Had a shit load of pain from the torn rotor cuff.Just not sure if this will beat it.

FYI, a rotator cuff is much more painful!

Just go slow and try to situate everything you need to make best use of your movements and to avoid having to use the stairs.
I would get both fixed at the same time, then it's over!

shotdown61
10-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Had a feeling I would have to camp out downstairs.
No GN for a few days since my office is up there.
I was hoping I can make it for a few days.

BISHOP
10-31-2011, 08:28 PM
I had one doe a few years ago (more than 11 years).
I went the old fashon way (cut me open and do the work, not lapriscopic (SIC))
The second and thrid day was the worse of them all.
Take your pain killers, don't watch anything funnyand try to only eat soup.
You wouldn't believe how many actions and movments you make have to do with those muscles.

Laughing, getting up of from the couch, and pooping were the mst painful.
I ate soup so I wouldn't have to push when poopin', it just came out the same way it went in GRAVITY..

After the third day, each day there was a noticable felt difference in healing or less pain.
After the 4-5th day the pain killers were replaced with beer. It wrked for me....

BISHOP

alismith
10-31-2011, 08:33 PM
I had one doe a few years ago (more than 11 years).
I went the old fashon way (cut me open and do the work, not lapriscopic (SIC))
The second and thrid day was the worse of them all.
Take your pain killers, don't watch anything funnyand try to only eat soup.
You wouldn't believe how many actions and movments you make have to do with those muscles.

Laughing, getting up of from the couch, and pooping were the mst painful.
I ate soup so I wouldn't have to push when poopin', it just came out the same way it went in GRAVITY..

After the third day, each day there was a noticable felt difference in healing or less pain.
After the 4-5th day the pain killers were replaced with beer. It wrked for me....
BISHOP

As a former recipient of this treatment, I second this reply. Stay away from anything humerous. Jokes may start out funny, but while you're healing, they don't end up funny.