PDA

View Full Version : Threading barrel on Post ban Maadi

Escobert
11-01-2011, 09:43 AM
wondering how hard it would be to thread the barrel of my post ban Maadi for this compensator http://www.parts4ak47.com/ak-47_accessories/product/AK-47_J-Tac_Recoil_Compensator.html

ATAK, Inc.
11-01-2011, 09:55 AM
The most important thing is the diameter of the barrel where you will thread it. It needs to be 0.550", +- 0.010" or there abouts.

I have a threading kit I used to rent out, it is out to another board member right now.

The other thing you will need is the detent pin and spring, available from one of our sponsers, APEX.

The forward pin of the front sight needs to be removed to install the detent pin/spring. The threading is very easy to do, instructions are included with my kit if you go that route.

Krupski
11-01-2011, 10:53 AM
The most important thing is the diameter of the barrel where you will thread it. It needs to be 0.550", +- 0.010" or there abouts.

I have a threading kit I used to rent out, it is out to another board member right now.

The other thing you will need is the detent pin and spring, available from one of our sponsers, APEX.

The forward pin of the front sight needs to be removed to install the detent pin/spring. The threading is very easy to do, instructions are included with my kit if you go that route.

Are there any 922(r) issues involved?

Escobert
11-01-2011, 11:51 AM
awesome thanks for the info, I was thinking of just bringing it to a gun smith to do but I may attempt to do it myself will a little more info and maybe a video of it on youtube,

low_lead
11-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I did a couple of Bulgarian kits using a loaner threading kit, easy to do. Just take your time, use plenty of cutting oil, back the die off frequently to cut the chips loose. After you have bottomed out the die on the FSB, you will have a couple of rough semi-threads toward the FSB. To get full threads down to the front of the FSB, flip the die over, CAREFULLY and SLOWLY finish cutting the threads. Take your time and lube the carp out of it, the result will be a factory thread job!

FunkyPertwee
11-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Are there any 922(r) issues involved?

You'll need one more US part. I suggest you make it the brake itself.

Escobert
12-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah, the break I want is a US made part