PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Tremendously Disturbing Content; Alleged Video of Judge Beating His Daughter

abpt1
11-02-2011, 01:06 PM
2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father’s backwards views. The judge’s wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge’s wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can’t even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His “judgement” is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9y3SIPt7o&feature=player_embedded#!

O.S.O.K.
11-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see into the lives of all of the judges now sitting?

This guy is a dick obviously. He could easily have just taken the computer privaledges away. And the ongoing lashing was rediculous.

A couple of pops would have been acceptable. But not what he did.

I stopped a third of the way through too...

ATAK, Inc.
11-02-2011, 01:54 PM
That POS deserves nothing less than three times the beating he gave his daughter, then shot in each extremity, in the gut and thru a lung! Just to see how long he can last!!!

F@CKING backwards A$$HOLE!!!

That got my blood pressure up a few notches!

Sergis Bauer
11-02-2011, 02:17 PM
I don't know what the laws in Arkansas are, but I'd expect in most states that kind of prolonged physical abuse of a child-- and one with disabilities, no less-- would be a prosecutable offense.

I'd love to see this guy incarcerated with some of the bubbas he's sentenced... something tells me they'd throw him a hell of a "welcome to prison" party.

El Duce
11-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Couldn't watch it. That guy needs a SERIOUS ASS KICKING!

Richard Simmons
11-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Didn't care to watch it. So did the daughter put it on YouTube?

deth502
11-02-2011, 06:42 PM
to be completely fair, i dont know the back story here. possibly, this was a breaking point for him. im not condoning it, just trying to...... i dont want to say "justify", maybe, "understand"? not that its an excuse, but possibly the kid was just at the tail end of a lot of bad things, whatever, getting caught drinking, getting in trouble at school, then this, and he finally broke. i wouldnt really be able to wrap my head around all of this happening JUST because she put a game on her computer that he did not approve of.

imo, this is typical behavior of the type. judges, cops, ect, ppl in authority. they get a god complex and cannot deal with ppl not obeying their every word.

Kadmos
11-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Soo..liberal activist judge?

deth502
11-02-2011, 07:11 PM

i was jus searching to see if i could find anytihgin one way or the other. i didnt, which im not surprised by, iirc, running for judge teh ballot is not split into d/r since its supposed to be n/p, like school board elections.

i did turn this up, however, from a year ago, also pertaining to his view on children. looks like the judge himself actually showed up there to reply. i dont think hell be back to try to defend this one. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=134231

Focused Gunfire
11-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I don’t know theses people, so keep that in mind. From what I saw, that man is an ass.

Warthogg
11-02-2011, 07:59 PM

She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father’s backwards views.

Don't think so. I would believe a religious, fundamentalist nut job.

Wart

Mark Ducati
11-02-2011, 08:06 PM
The Judge/Dad needs to be sodomized jut like Gaddhafi! Once in a while you meet an asshole like above that just needs a stick up his ass for a good old fashioned "What Fer!".

Sergis Bauer
11-02-2011, 08:26 PM
The Judge/Dad needs to be sodomized jut like Gaddhafi! Once in a while you meet an asshole like above that just needs a stick up his ass for a good old fashioned "What Fer!".

Don't think of it as sodomy. Think of it as helping him get in touch with his feminine side.

soothersmaylive
11-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm new here.Been reading for months the info available is outstanding.NOW on to this CRIME.There is no justification for domestic abuse and this was far and above any simple spanking.plus the victim is 16 yrs old.I am a disabled LEO and this shames me.This man has no ability to dictate or remove the rights of citizens in a court when his off time is spent like this.In the law field ie;lawyer,police,corrections,judges and whoever else takes an oath to defend our rights and civil liberties should be held to a slightly higher standard.I know it's not frequently the case but this is far and above anything he should be able to condone.Investigate then PROSECUTE.
semper paratus

BISHOP
11-02-2011, 09:37 PM
I had my wife watch it and her comment was "That was hot".

BISHOP

Warthogg
11-02-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm new here.Been reading for months the info available is outstanding.NOW on to this CRIME.There is no justification for domestic abuse and this was far and above any simple spanking.plus the victim is 16 yrs old.I am a disabled LEO and this shames me.This man has no ability to dictate or remove the rights of citizens in a court when his off time is spent like this.In the law field ie;lawyer,police,corrections,judges and whoever else takes an oath to defend our rights and civil liberties should be held to a slightly higher standard.I know it's not frequently the case but this is far and above anything he should be able to condone.Investigate then PROSECUTE.
semper paratus

Welcome ! Good to have you with us.

Wart

macddesign
11-02-2011, 10:45 PM
My gripe whith the guy is not the severity of the spanking but the duration and the language he used. obviosly he was at the end of his rope, but there is no excuse for that prolonged use of the belt. The guy does deserve some type of disaplenary action himself. I believe I heard the mother say the name of the "game" the girl downloaded which was Kaza, which as far as I know is not a game but a file sharing program/service where people mostly share copyrighted material illegally such as music, movies, software, ect. and while I could care less what people share online. some parents my not like there kids risking legal action to download bootleged media. I dont have kids of my own so this is a little out of context for me but my belief is this kind of overuse of force could be avioded most of the time if the parent would not administer physical punishment till they had time to cool off. just my 2 cents, it may or may not be worth anything.

Warthogg
11-02-2011, 10:59 PM
......obviosly he was at the end of his rope.....

Maybe tie one end of said rope to a large tree limb......

Wart

Partisan1983
11-03-2011, 12:57 AM
I made it exactly 1min and 32seconds into it....there is a HUGE difference between disciplining your children and this!

What a POS......talk about a broken home.

Ruskiegunlover
11-03-2011, 06:47 AM
What has happened to him? Any news on what is going on with it? Is his town unaware of it?

I have to say, as a teacher who deals with inner city youth all day, I have come to believe that we need MORE corporal punishment. THIS guy goes way too far, swearing, and obviously doing it for HIMSELF instead of for HER. You can tell he is beating her because it relieves HIS anger, and frustration, and is not so much to punish her as it is to make himself feel better. THATS how he goes to far. I am not sure what you should do with a 16 year old GIRL, but smacking a kid on the ass with a belt a few CONTROLED times is not going to kill anyone.

Kids have such a level of disrespect for adults now, its unreal. The school I work in is like a bad movie, LOTS of gang activity, LOTS of violence, LOTS of teen pregnancy. Kids threatening and shoving teachers, all kinds of shit. I believe if some of the kids I work with had been given a belt like this a few times, maybe they'd have more respect.

Krupski
11-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Damn... that's WAY unacceptable.

When I was a kid, I used to get "spankings" from my dad... one or two swats with a leather shaving "strop" (which he called "the strap").

It stung, but it wasn't that bad and certainly was not a "beating". I deserved it 99% of the time anyway.

It's scary to think that this vindictive lunatic is a JUDGE...

Krupski
11-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Doesn't matter. No political or religious viewpoint justifies what this brute did to his daughter.

I've given my kids a swat or two when they deserved it, but NOTHING like what this animal did.

Krupski
11-03-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm new here.Been reading for months the info available is outstanding.

Hey! Welcome to Gunsnet! :welcome:

-- Roger

abpt1
11-03-2011, 08:29 AM
On Wednesday afternoon, Judge Adams was temporarily relieved of his duties for the next two weeks, and a visiting judge will take over his caseload while the matter is being investigated, according to the office of Aransas County Administrative Judge Burt Mills.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/02/justice/texas-video-beating/?hpt=hp_t2

circuits
11-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Beating my ass - I got worse than that IN SCHOOL in the 70s.

We've turned into a nation of pussies.

Richard Simmons
11-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Not that it really makes any difference, per se I just realized this video was taken seven years ago when the girl was sixteen. She and her mother have since left the home and are living elsewhere which is why the woman just now decided to put the video on You Tube.

Warthogg
11-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Not that it really makes any difference, per se I just realized this video was taken seven years ago when the girl was sixteen. She and her mother have since left the home and are living elsewhere which is why the woman just now decided to put the video on You Tube.

Good to know. Thanks for the update.

Wart

coppertales
11-03-2011, 08:00 PM
It ain't nothing compared to what I got when I was a kid. Some of them were not deserved either......but, I grew up ok.......some punishment is warranted while growing up. The world is not peachy keen and roses out there....chris3

Kadmos
11-03-2011, 08:33 PM
It ain't nothing compared to what I got when I was a kid. Some of them were not deserved either......but, I grew up ok.......some punishment is warranted while growing up. The world is not peachy keen and roses out there....chris3

No shit, absolutely right!

I mean that kid was totally still conscious! I didn't even see blood coming out of her ears or anything. Does it even matter if the kid did anything wrong? Randomly whipping children is just part of good parenting.

Really, with the way adults are nowadays it's probably best to just go around randomly beating people in general, just jump anyone walking down the street and really kick the crap out of them.

It'd be a favor really, toughen them up a bit. Hell just a few days ago some kids, about a dozen or so helped out this guy walking down the street just a few blocks from where I live, really toughened him up good. Damn nice of them to care so much that they just walked up and kicked the crap out of him.

Warthogg
11-03-2011, 09:14 PM
No charges for judge over beating video

William Adams, whose daughter secretly videotaped him savagely beating her seven years ago, won't face criminal charges because too much time has elapsed, police said Thursday.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Police-Judge-won-t-be-charged-over-video-beating-2249787.php

Wart

Sherman
11-04-2011, 12:43 PM

Same here. I turned out to be a decent respectable person.

1 Patriot-of-many
11-04-2011, 12:54 PM

Apparently when she was given an ass wooping she was downloading copywrited material such as songs which is ILLEGAL. I didn't watch the video so I don't know how severe it was, frankly I believe in corporal punishment, it worked on me as a kid.
Secondly she chose to live with her father, he paying for her college, using a nice car ect....till she decided to drop out a couple credits short of graduation, when he removed her free car and paying her way through life......suddenly video shows up after her threats you better not take away my stuff...... can you spell SPOILED ROTTEN BRAT?
There's two sides to the story here.

I find the media BS kinda funny:
2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father’s backwards views. The judge’s wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge’s wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can’t even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His “judgement” is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter.

So now breaking the law is some kind of handicap.....

1 Patriot-of-many
11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
No shit, absolutely right!

I mean that kid was totally still conscious! I didn't even see blood coming out of her ears or anything. Does it even matter if the kid did anything wrong? Randomly whipping children is just part of good parenting.

Really, with the way adults are nowadays it's probably best to just go around randomly beating people in general, just jump anyone walking down the street and really kick the crap out of them.

It'd be a favor really, toughen them up a bit. Hell just a few days ago some kids, about a dozen or so helped out this guy walking down the street just a few blocks from where I live, really toughened him up good. Damn nice of them to care so much that they just walked up and kicked the crap out of him.

Kinda interesting sarcasm there when you only know half the story.

stinker
11-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Apparently when she was given an ass wooping she was downloading copywrited material such as songs which is ILLEGAL. I didn't watch the video so I don't know how severe it was, frankly I believe in corporal punishment, it worked on me as a kid.
Secondly she chose to live with her father, he paying for her college, using a nice car ect....till she decided to drop out a couple credits short of graduation, when he removed her free car and paying her way through life......suddenly video shows up after her threats you better not take away my stuff...... can you spell SPOILED ROTTEN BRAT?

Yup.

As Paul Harvey used to say...And now, the rest of the story.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/judges-daughter-speaks-out-on-releasing-violent-beating-video-i-finally-snapped/
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/texas-judge-who-beat-daughter-in-shocking-vid-i-havent-done-anything-wrong/

You're a judge and your kid is doing something that can cost you your career not to mention hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines and anyone would expect it to not result in an epic ass whoopin?

I'm sorry, but i gotta say poor poor little baby. I used to get(and deserved) worse and turned around and dared my parents to do it again just to spit in their eye in defiance simply because i just don't like being told what to do by anybody. I still marvel at my moms patience for not pulling out the .357 and doing a retroactive abortion for some of the shit i did when i was a teenager.

That "beating" was nothing. Cry me a river. Some people do far far worse to themself with actual lasting damage just because it gets them off.

This girl is just pissed because daddy wont let her keep the mercedes while he fully funds her bohemian college dropout lifestyle that she wants. She tried to blackmail dad and he aint going for it. Something tells me she would fit in at wall street quite well.

I wonder how much money her and mommy are getting for being shuffled around in a limo like a couple of sweet little princess to all the news show interviews during their 15 minutes of infamy?

Kadmos
11-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Kinda interesting sarcasm there when you only know half the story.

I didn't watch the video so I don't know how severe it was

Well, it's 7 minutes long, the father is screaming "fuckin" through a good part of it, before he even starts the mother says "I already spanked her". He full force whipped her with a leather belt on the legs and torso but wasn't going to stop until she bent over and took a whipping on the butt. He threatened to whip her face. He whipped her, he left the room, came back, and beat her more.

The man pretty much full on beat the girl in anger. This wasn't a case of explained the issue and then a spanking with the "This hurts me as much as it hurts you" variety.

Look, I'm not 100% against spanking, I was spanked a couple times as a kid, I spanked my daughter once (with cause, of course), and occasionally gave her a light corrective head smack to the back of her head.

I did catch that it was the girl who wrote that blurb condemning her father and excusing her mother, it's obvious there was massive bias in the statement.

But it doesn't excuse what was so obviously done to the girl.

raxar
11-04-2011, 02:24 PM

I find the media BS kinda funny:

So now breaking the law is some kind of handicap.....

I am curious as to how you would view someone doing this to his 16 year old girlfriend.

circuits
11-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Look, I'm not 100% against spanking, I was spanked a couple times as a kid, I spanked my daughter once (with cause, of course), and occasionally gave her a light corrective head smack to the back of her head.

There are those who feel that your even laying a hand on your child, however controlled and calm it seems to you, is just as bad that there video, or breaking an arm. You disagree with that parent's level of discipline, but that's not your call, anymore than it's their right to decide how much, if any physical force you get to use on your children.

I don't think that spanking was excessive, certainly wasn't a "brutal beating" or a "savage beating", and think the posting of the video and uproar says a lot of bad things about our society in general.

I am curious as to how you would view someone doing this to his 16 year old girlfriend.

Same way I'd view you trying to spank MY child - not your place, and not the same thing.

Kadmos
11-04-2011, 03:11 PM
There are those who feel that your even laying a hand on your child, however controlled and calm it seems to you, is just as bad that there video, or breaking an arm.

The can feel whatever they like, but there are laws
This is the one I go by

210.110. As used in sections 210.109 to 210.165, and sections 210.180 to 210.183, the following terms mean:

(1) "Abuse", any physical injury, sexual abuse, or emotional abuse inflicted on a child other than by accidental means by those responsible for the child's care, custody, and control, except that discipline including spanking, administered in a reasonable manner, shall not be construed to be abuse;

You disagree with that parent's level of discipline, but that's not your call, anymore than it's their right to decide how much, if any physical force you get to use on your children.

Bullshit. Again we have laws. Here is the one the judge is supposed to go by

Citation: Ann. Code § 12-18-103

'Abuse' means:

* Extreme or repeated cruelty to a child
* Engaging in conduct creating a realistic and serious threat of death, permanent or temporary disfigurement, or impairment of a bodily organ
* An injury that is at variance with the history given
* Any nonaccidental physical injury

I don't think that spanking was excessive, certainly wasn't a "brutal beating" or a "savage beating",

Ok, so you might vote to acquit.

Personally I think if someone found your behavior poor and gave you a "spanking" like that one you might object.

While we are on this, lets note one other thing, the police department was flooded with calls to report the abuse and to try to convince them to prosecute.

Consider that for a moment, strangers, not just a few, but many of them, who basically just saw something on the internet, actually called the police to inform them and demand action be taken.

Consider also that the father turned off the lights in the room so the neighbors wouldn't see him "spanking" his child.

raxar
11-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Same way I'd view you trying to spank MY child - not your place, and not the same thing.

You don't see any issue with treating a 16 year old like that at all?

Warthogg
11-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote Originally Posted by coppertales View Post

Same here. I turned out to be a decent respectable person.

Same here. Of course I did grow up hating my father's guts. When he died I made sure I was not only missing from the funeral but also absent from the state.

My daughter I spanked twice. Now that sounds alright but the truth is one of them she didn't deserve.

Wart

Partisan1983
11-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Last I heard downloading shit wasn't illegal...it's uploading and sharing that is.

Was the law changed ?

deth502
11-05-2011, 03:17 AM
Last I heard downloading shit wasn't illegal...it's uploading and sharing that is.

Was the law changed ?

bingo!

it unlawful to DISTRIBUTE copyrighted material.

old Grump
11-05-2011, 05:15 AM
What has happened to him? Any news on what is going on with it? Is his town unaware of it?

Excerpts from an article about the situation. To many flies who are full of shit are flying off the handle and are going to end up whacked.

Threatening callers seeking punishment for Aransas County judge may get their own punishment

CORPUS CHRISTI — Aransas County officials said they're pursuing criminal cases against people making threats of violence toward county offices and employees.

The threats are part of an emotionally charged public reaction to a video showing an Aransas County family law judge lashing his daughter with a belt. The video surpassed 4.3 million views on YouTube Friday, and county offices remained bogged down in hundreds of phone calls, emails and faxes — and now letters arriving in the mail.

Garcia said she and other county employees have been threatened directly, and many of the callers are confusing Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, who is in the video and handles family law cases, with Mills, who as county judge is the highest administrator and elected official in the county.
Mills said the sheriff's office and the county attorney are working to track down the people making threats.

Garcia said one caller pretended to be a federal official with the U.S. Department of Justice and said he would come to Rockport with a group of people to investigate Adams. When she called the Justice Department to verify it was a hoax, the response she got was, "Whatever you do, don't let them in the building."

County officials don't have authority to sanction Adams or remove him from the bench. The police, county attorney and district attorney essentially have closed their cases on the video because it's 7 years old and the statute of limitations has expired. Federal authorities also reviewed the video and found no federal offense, the U.S. attorney's office reported.

Adams has said he did nothing wrong besides lose his temper and issued a statement saying his daughter shared the video out of revenge because he is cutting her off financially.
http://www.caller.com/news/2011/nov/05/threatening-callers-seeking-punishment-for-judge/

1 Patriot-of-many
11-05-2011, 10:16 AM

Was the law changed ?

Tell that to all the people that got sued for having copywrited material they downloaded.

Richard Simmons
11-05-2011, 12:08 PM

The thing is, some where, someone, thinks even this is child abuse and you should be punished and or imprisoned for doing it and they will pass a law to that effect given enough time and complacency. It all boils down to being a parent. Some are better at it then others and some just go through the motions along with the rest of the village.

abpt1
11-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Hitting a child with a belt is unacceptable and at 16 if you need to discipline your 16yr with violence..... YOUR A FUCKING PATHETIC PARENT .

Kadmos
11-05-2011, 04:06 PM
The thing is, some where, someone, thinks even this is child abuse and you should be punished and or imprisoned for doing it and they will pass a law to that effect given enough time and complacency. It all boils down to being a parent. Some are better at it then others and some just go through the motions along with the rest of the village.

If by "this" you mean what was on the video, there already is a law against it, and people should be punished or even imprisoned.

What we saw was not "being a parent" it was a man beating a young woman for "disobedience", essentially the act of undermining his authority. He didn't hit her to punish her, he did it to establish dominance.

Being a parent is explaining to your kids what you want behavior wise, attempting to influence their ability to commit bad behavior, and sometimes making corrections when necessary to insure compliance.

This is hardly rocket science, you talk to the kid about the illegal nature of downloading and explain the consequences it can have on the family. If concerned enough that the message didn't get through then you block websites, add filters, limit access to the computer. Should an actual correction be necessary then you ground the child, take away privileges, block all computer access.

Even if you decide it's necessary to spank a child you don't do it like a psychopath, you gain you calm, then you explain why, you tell them you regret the need, you spank as necessary (shouldn't actually take more than about 4-5 whacks for most kids), then you tell them your are disappointed and that you hope you never have to do it again.