PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin, Welcome to the CLUB

slamfire51
11-03-2011, 10:39 AM
On Nov, 1, 2011, Wisconsin’s concealed carry laws went into effect. Residents of Wisconsin can now apply for their concealed carry permits. According to the WI DOJ, they also accept permits from the following states (unless you are a Wisconsin resident):

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands.

Congrats!!

Sidartha
11-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Fine!
I didn't want to be in your silly club anyway.
I so desperately want to be in your club:crying_small:
One day we'll pass concealed carry then you'll realize that Illinois is cool and then you'll be sorry!
Meanwhile, we'll just keep our ridiculous graft, our mind numbing corruption, our acres upon unending acres of corn and not share them with you.
:frech11:

slamfire51
11-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Fine!
I didn't want to be in your silly club anyway.
I so desperately want to be in your club:crying_small:
One day we'll pass concealed carry then you'll realize that Illinois is cool and then you'll be sorry!
Meanwhile, we'll just keep our ridiculous graft, our mind numbing corruption, our acres upon unending acres of corn and not share them with you.
:frech11:

Ah, come on!

Surely you can spare a couple dozen roasting ears...............

LAGC
11-03-2011, 11:30 AM
It's only a matter of time before Illinois and California get with the program, too.

Too many people have come to the realization that more guns in public doesn't equal more crime.

O.S.O.K.
11-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Congrats to the Cheeseheads!!!! Yeahh!

slamfire51
11-03-2011, 11:39 AM
It's only a matter of time before Illinois and California get with the program, too.

Too many people have come to the realization that more guns in public doesn't equal more crime.

I'm damn sure not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

O.S.O.K.
11-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm damn sure not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

Me neither - freedom and being armed and responsible for your own defense is not part of the communist manifesto and therefore, will not fly in those two havens of marxism. The outer areas of both states - the 'not urban areas' would love to have CCW's etc, but they are controlled by the big shities.

old Grump
11-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Actually a couple of years ago there was a movement down state and in the Beloit area there was some pretty good activity in that arena and I thought for awhile Illinois might get it before Wisconsin. Especially after goose boy got chased out of the Capitol building in Springfield. Alas it just didn't happen.

Don't give up.

slamfire51
11-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Actually a couple of years ago there was a movement down state and in the Beloit area there was some pretty good activity in that arena and I thought for awhile Illinois might get it before Wisconsin. Especially after goose boy got chased out of the Capitol building in Springfield. Alas it just didn't happen.

Don't give up.

Don't know how much you get away from the homestead, but are you planning to get a permit?
It's nice to have if you venture away from home.

TEN-32
11-03-2011, 06:27 PM
I have friends that instruct for NRA and friends that are lined up to get their tickets punched. Good stuff, this.

JVD
11-03-2011, 07:30 PM
We're also working on a castle doctrine law right now. Passed Assembly, passed Senate but slightly modified. Back to Assembly tonight and hopefully the re-vote on it shortly.

It's hard to watch a state gov't TV channel lol. I gotta see this though, I'll feel better knowing I won't have instant charges and have an uphill battle defending myself in court for self defense in home.

Partisan1983
11-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Congrats you guys from WI !!!!

It is always awesome to regain a freedom.....such a wonderful feeling.

JVD
11-04-2011, 05:33 PM
I also just noticed that SB228 passed, which means we can have uncased long arms in a vehicle too now.

Gunrack time? :biggrina:

Great year for gun rights in WI!