PDA

View Full Version : The Remake of Red Dawn.

Hobe Sound AK
11-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Ever wonder why The remake of the 1984 Movie Red Dawn, kept getting pushed back, and then finally put on Hold? I Did a post on how it was pulled from Release last Year, Now I wonder if someone caused it?

Schuetzenman
11-04-2011, 08:40 PM
I suspect it's because it wasn't coming out as good as the first one.

tank_monkey
11-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Ever wonder why The remake of the 1984 Movie Red Dawn, kept getting pushed back, and then finally put on Hold? I Did a post on how it was pulled from Release last Year, Now I wonder if someone caused it?

The story is that MGM realized (quite a bit too late) that you can't make the CHINESE the bad guys in the U.S. invasion because now China is a large market for movie releases. Since they're loosening up their censorship restrictions, primarily driven by the demand for U.S. made movies by the population in general, a major release film can make or break their budget goal with the Chinese market. So now they are changing some scenes and 'digitially changing all of the chineses logos into North Korean ones' and making the North Korean army the enemy force that invades Detroit. Also all the scenes of the soldiers speaking Mandarin to each other have been over dubbed by Korean and all the logos on all vehicles, equipment, posters and even uniforms are being pain stakingly replaced with CGI versions of the North Korean Ranks and symbols.

Ironic since North Korea can't even muster a force to attack Japan, lest The United States. Where would they get their troop transport from? China was more obvious, though even they don't have the long strike capability for conventional forces that the U.S. does.

This EXPENSIVE debacle has pushed the release date back MONTHS. We'll see if they still release the movie with the North Koreans as the bad guys, and if it still works. But it begs the question, why would these guys invade and hold DETROIT?!?!?!?!

stinker
11-04-2011, 10:15 PM
But it begs the question, why would these guys invade and hold DETROIT?!?!?!?!

Yup...would've been much more believable if it was Peoria,IL or Holcomb,KS.

Something tells me they're just going to screw this movie up. They'll inject political correctness that did'nt really exist yet back when Red Dawn was released along with a healthy dose of modern hollywood leftist bias. I don't have any hope of an improvement on the original.

nfa1934
11-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Would an attack on Detroit even be noticed? What would an invading army do, shoot at people and burn stuff? Wouldn't that just make them blend in?

Warthogg
11-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Would an attack on Detroit even be noticed? What would an invading army do, shoot at people and burn stuff? Wouldn't that just make them blend in?

:lmao3::roflwithfeetcv2:

Wart

Justin
11-04-2011, 10:46 PM
North Korea, are you shitting me? At least Red Dawn was somewhat believeable, considering their capabilities were just about equal to ours. I have a feeling that this remake is going to suck a big one. :bj2:

tank_monkey
11-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Yup...would've been much more believable if it was Peoria,IL or Holcomb,KS.

you kinda missed the point there bucko :D Detroit is in the center of the country. To logistically attack the center of a country without holding either the west or east coast, makes no sense. Detroit holds no strategic value, a land invasion would have to come in through Canada, but for what purpose? It might have made since in WW2 when Detroit built most of our motor vehicles, but not any longer.

Besides, if the North Koreans went to the inner city parts of Detroit, other than the gang shootings, pimps, hos and drug dealing, it would make Pyong Yang look like a modern streamlined city.

tank_monkey
11-04-2011, 10:53 PM

I'd almost volunteer to 'shoot looters, gangstas and other low lifes' for the invading army.... :D

alismith
11-04-2011, 11:36 PM
I'd almost volunteer to 'shoot looters, gangstas and other low lifes' for the invading army.... :D

Ahh, a merc with a vision. :thumbsup:

JTHunter
11-04-2011, 11:53 PM

Don't limit it to them! You DO know what the largest percentage of Detroit's population is now, don't you?:terrorist:

Schuetzenman
11-05-2011, 12:58 AM
:clap::ohsnap:

Hobe Sound AK
11-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Starts to make some sense now.

Partisan1983
11-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Since none of you are native to D-town.......

Let me welcome you with our local saying.....

"Welcome to Detroit mutha fucker, where the weak are killed and eaten"!!!!

Gun Toting Lefty
11-05-2011, 05:39 AM
someone allready beat MGM to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl0JtqvV1rY&feature=related

O.S.O.K.
11-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Damn lefty - that's your best post yet! :lool:

So, when's Homefront going to be released? I gotta see that.

I don't buy the scenario for a second but hey, it's at least a logical progression...

Hobe Sound AK
11-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Damn Lefty, there is a Trojan in that Video. They say you have won a IPAD or something. Beware! As for the North Korean's they cant even Feed Their own People. Plus you forgot about the R.O.K. Marines. I head during the Vietnam if our Army had a R.O.K. Marine Base near by the V.C. never came near them. R.O.K meaning ofcourse Republic of S. Korea. The V.C. were afarid of them. Besides South Korea has a much better Armed Forces than North Korea. Their only advantage is Numbers. However you are right about Japan. North Korea would run all over them. They are no longer the Nation of the Samuri and compaired to the Imperial Japenese Army. The J.S.D.F. is nothing.

Gun Toting Lefty
11-05-2011, 09:10 AM
So, when's Homefront going to be released? I gotta see that.

it was released almost a year ago by my count. i like speculative and alernate history which is why i brought it up.

another example for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db97Iada3ZI

NewbieAKguy
03-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Here's new update. I want to believe it'll be a decent show, worthy of movie theater prices, but my gut is saying maybe wait until dvd release. NK invading us? Ya, cuz they've mastered feeding themselves. Does remind me of the video game Homefront, which IMO wasn't too bad, not MW3 or EA's newest MoH game quality, but decent...I def. like the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I2nBUDf7lMg
Wasn't sure if it was same video Lefty put up, cuz it's been removed.

5.56NATO
03-09-2012, 12:18 AM
North Korea, are you shitting me? At least Red Dawn was somewhat believeable, considering their capabilities were just about equal to ours. I have a feeling that this remake is going to suck a big one. :bj2:

The original movie was based upon War College invasion scenarios, the most likely to take place. It wasn't made up in the sense Hollywood is known for.

Bluntforce
03-09-2012, 12:27 AM
The town in the original was in Colorado. She said Washington. If they are going to screw up that bad in the press release I have to wonder how right they are about anything.

NewbieAKguy
03-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Well, it is a remake after all. So, who knows.

tank_monkey
03-09-2012, 03:08 AM
The town in the original was in Colorado. She said Washington. If they are going to screw up that bad in the press release I have to wonder how right they are about anything.

Really. The dumbass bitch should have WATCHED the original Red Dawn before she 'reported on it'. But she's just a dumb talking head reading from a teleprompter.

The original Red Dawn attack on the school was in the town of CALUMET, Colorado. In reality the movie was filmed in the small town of Las Vegas, New Mexico. I hear they still have some of the battle damaged buildings on display as tourist attractions interested in all the places the movie was filmed. :D

mrkalashnikov
03-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Well since Hollywood is extremely PC these days when it comes to portraying any people of color in a negative light that probably rules out invasion by Chinese or NK nationals. Have to haul out the perrenial trusty Bad Guys. So my guess is invasion by Nazis. Very, very old Nazis.

5.56NATO
03-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Well, maybe not so old nazis.
http://www.ironsky.net/

coppertales
03-09-2012, 09:43 AM
better than the first one where they had everyone just stand up and get shot.........chris3

Hobe Sound AK
03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
It was suppose to come out last Year, I would bet they had to do some refilming, and change the Chinese Troop's in the Film to North Korean.

was_peacemaker
03-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Remaking Red Dawn?!? Ummm....you can't. That is like trying to remake the AK. You can't top that which works just fine.