PDA

View Full Version : You CAN find anything on ebay

samiam
11-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Way too cool

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-HUEY-GUNSHIP-UH-1E-MILITARY-BELL-AIRCRAFT-HELICOPTER-UH-1-UH-1H-204-m998-/150689322797?pt=Motors_Aircraft&hash=item2315c8972d#ht_3296wt_1049

imanaknut
11-05-2011, 01:16 PM
That would be a nice toy. Can you imagine flying over a group of sheeple who look up and see someone sitting by that door gun? SWAT would go nuts, homeland defense would have a cow, and you could probably cause one of the biggest panics since Orson Wells did War of the Worlds.

Sergis Bauer
11-05-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm surprised anti-gun ebay let them list it with the dummy weaponry included. Technically, it's a violation of their listing policies.

tank_monkey
11-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm surprised anti-gun ebay let them list it with the dummy weaponry included. Technically, it's a violation of their listing policies.

It's technically a historical aircraft. They allowed other aircraft, WW2 fighter and as far as land based vehicles, I saw two armored Humvees with the shielded top gun turret in place, a Ferret with dummy gun, in the last ten years offered on Ebay. They have a prohibition against working guns (orange tip replicas and airsoft ARE ALLOWED and always have been) or magazines (the latter being due to the VA tech shooter buying his hi cap magazines on Ebay). Sure it's BS, but all it did was open opportunity to other venues, like Gunbroker, to fill the gap.

I've been an Ebay shopper since it's inception and I've noticed that there are LESS and LESS deals and more and more professional dealers trying to shove their wares on you at full retail prices. The MIDDLE MEN are the biggest POS even though what they do is not illegal, but as a deal seeker, I find them irritating. Those are the guys who spend ALL their time on Ebay, seek out the DEALS, buy them, and iimmediately mark up the price and resell the items. I know all's fair in commerce but it soured me on Ebay.

weevil
11-05-2011, 03:21 PM
It's technically a historical aircraft. They allowed other aircraft, WW2 fighter and as far as land based vehicles, I saw two armored Humvees with the shielded top gun turret in place, a Ferret with dummy gun, in the last ten years offered on Ebay. They have a prohibition against working guns (orange tip replicas and airsoft ARE ALLOWED and always have been) or magazines (the latter being due to the VA tech shooter buying his hi cap magazines on Ebay). Sure it's BS, but all it did was open opportunity to other venues, like Gunbroker, to fill the gap.

I've been an Ebay shopper since it's inception and I've noticed that there are LESS and LESS deals and more and more professional dealers trying to shove their wares on you at full retail prices. The MIDDLE MEN are the biggest POS even though what they do is not illegal, but as a deal seeker, I find them irritating. Those are the guys who spend ALL their time on Ebay, seek out the DEALS, buy them, and iimmediately mark up the price and resell the items. I know all's fair in commerce but it soured me on Ebay.

Meh...some if it maybe, but a lot of it is just stupid people paying too much for something.

Hell I see used stuff going for more than the price of the same thing brand new.

Honestly I've been tempted to buy some things new at the store and see how much profit I can make selling the stuff on E-bay.

Penguin
11-05-2011, 03:21 PM
That is a cool find. If I had the money and a pilots licinse it would be great though I can think of other things I would rather have. Still cool to just take a quick look at the listing though.

tank_monkey
11-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Honestly I've been tempted to buy some things new at the store and see how much profit I can make selling the stuff on E-bay.

Actually you're being HONEST there. Why? Because anyone willing to buy something for MORE than retail on Ebay is in idiot (that is unless all the stores are sold out and their brat kid needs that ONE TOY for christmas! ;) hahahaha.

What I'm talking about is this: (this is an example so ignore the realities of FFLs and such) but .....Imagine if a seller ran across a CRATE of mint M1 Garands and was selling them for 100 bucks apiece. IN swoops some guy who doesn't even LIKE GUNS, buys up all of them and raises the prices back up to normal to slightly higher than normal prices and immediately resells them. I know, technically he did nothing wrong, but I still think it stinks......

El Duce
11-05-2011, 03:44 PM
That is a cool find. If I had the money and a pilots licinse it would be great though I can think of other things I would rather have. Still cool to just take a quick look at the listing though.

The auction said that it was a static display? Does that mean that you can not fly it?

Schuetzenman
11-05-2011, 03:58 PM
The auction said that it was a static display? Does that mean that you can not fly it?

That's what I would make of it. I think it's because the number of hours on the engine and avionics can't be documented, so you can't really be sure how safe it might be to fly. I suppose if one purchased it you could have it gone over from A to Z and reestablish a base point of what's what and then fly it from that point.

imanaknut
11-05-2011, 04:00 PM
I believe he calls it a static display for legal reasons. If the aircraft has been checked out by mechanics as he said it has, along with the other maintenance items he says has been done, then to make it flyable as opposed to the legal definition of "airworthy" I would personally preform another inspection, and then would paint the word "experimental" over each door. Now safe, now legal.

circuits
11-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Means he's offering it for sale as a non-flying static display, and that he assumes no responsibility for its airworthiness or functionality.

He hint-hints and nudge-nudge-winks that it'll actually fly, but the terms of his sale don't let you hold him to that.