PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement

Broondog
11-07-2011, 10:18 PM
'tis almost the season to be jolly......

and it's also the season to refresh your pistol mags and alternate your rounds between FMJ and HP. you wouldn't want a bad guy wearing a heavy coat or two to get the best of you because your Gold Dot or Silvertip flattened out before it did its damage, now would you?

i'm just sayin'.

O.S.O.K.
11-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Ho ho ho! Thanks!

And you could just simplify things and use what you practice with - fmj. Guaranteed penetration... and outstanding reliability.

alismith
11-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Nothing says Christmas like a mag full of fresh ammo.:biggrina:

FunkyPertwee
11-07-2011, 11:35 PM
You convinced me to buy more ammo.

Yeah, thats the ticket.

JTHunter
11-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Another thing you could do with any "exposed lead" JHP - take a sharp knife and put 2-3 cuts across the top of the lead down to the jacket material.:firedevil:

LAGC
11-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Another thing you could do with any "exposed lead" JHP - take a sharp knife and put 2-3 cuts across the top of the lead down to the jacket material.:firedevil:

Kind of like in the movie Priest? :D

Broondog
11-08-2011, 01:42 AM

that kinda defeats the purpose of the FMJ don't ya think?

MR. Polytech
11-08-2011, 03:12 AM
Sort of like alternating rifled slugs w/ 000 buckshot shells in my Saiga 12 gauge home defender model... I'm sure that would be an interesting welcoming committee for some kick-door thugs! :bighair:

JTHunter
11-12-2011, 10:13 PM
that kinda defeats the purpose of the FMJ don't ya think?

I DID say "Jacketed Hollow Points" which do have exposed lead. FMJ's have NO exposed lead.

Broondog
11-13-2011, 01:03 AM
I DID say "Jacketed Hollow Points" which do have exposed lead. FMJ's have NO exposed lead.

yep, and i also know the difference between JHP and FMJ. i use JHP's in my .38's for target practice, or WC's if have some on hand.

but the purpose of the FMJ is for complete penetration through layers of heavy clothing and NOT mushrooming before it reaches the center of center mass.