PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Polaroid Instant Camera

Krupski
11-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi all,

I am looking to buy an old Polaroid instant camera. The kind that uses a film pack and shoots the print out the front after each shot.

The camera doesn't have to take pictures, the flash doesn't need to work... all I need is the function of ejecting a sheet of film through the rollers to start development.

As you know, a Polaroid camera will eject the first sheet of a newly inserted film pack (which is normally the light shield), making it ready to take pictures.

Well, what I do is then take a film pack in the dark and place it in a pinhole camera. I take the picture, then (again in the dark) place the cartridge back into the camera.

Thinking it's a "new" cartridge, it ejects the top sheet (which ejects and develops the pinhole picture I took).

All I need is a cheap-o old Polaroid camera that can eject film... nothing else needs to work.

Please PM me if you have something like this... and what price you need.

P.S. In case it matters, the cartridges I use are "Polaroid 600" with the built in battery.

Thanks...

-- Roger

Sergis Bauer
11-14-2011, 02:14 PM
They had exactly what you are looking for at my kids' school tag sale a few weeks ago, I'm sure it's gone now.

Did you try fleabay? They seem to have everything, and I can't imagine these going for much.

El Laton Caliente
11-14-2011, 03:29 PM
The wife prowls thift shops and resale shops all the time and I see them in those. I'll pick one up if a find one. What is the most you want to go?