PDA

View Full Version : Where is the outrage?

O.S.O.K.
11-16-2011, 12:15 AM
We crossed the unenviable $15 Trillion federal debt threashod and (crickets chirping).

The FHA announces today that it is 50% likely to need a bailout next year...

Where's the outrage?

Where's the mass call for reform?

Where's the new wave of tea party protests?

I am telling you, we are heading down the slippery sloap to economic ruination.

It is past the point when things can be done to prevent it.

All we can work for now is to get the right people into office so that they can manage the carnage - minimize the damage after the fact....

JTHunter
11-16-2011, 12:20 AM
The "skids" have geen greased for over 30 years and we have already gone "over the edge".
We are just waiting for the "sudden stop" (a crash).

btcave
11-16-2011, 01:27 AM
OSOK, it might be like when your car careens out of control on an icy road and the only emotion you have left is that calm before it wraps around a tree. We be way beyond rage now friend. For those who pay attention it may be that fatalistic calm. Maybe I'm describing myself here. Can't get worked up, I'm just bracing for the crash as best I can.

You got to admit that this is the most telegraphed economic meltdowns EVER!

It's like watching it in slow motion!

Oswald Bastable
11-16-2011, 01:44 AM
As long as lamp posts across the country can be adorned with the hanging bodies of the politicians who aided and abetted it, I say, let it come.

tank_monkey
11-16-2011, 01:52 AM
We crossed the unenviable $15 Trillion federal debt threashod and (crickets chirping).

Where's the outrage?

All we can work for now is to get the right people into office so that they can manage the carnage - minimize the damage after the fact....

well for one thing, Obama's useful idiots, aka the Occupy protesters have dominated the political news along with the MSM's attempts to smear Cain. There would be outrage but right now we have to figure out what the left wing idiots are planning and try to thwart it. four more years of Obama would be a disaster. I'd TAKE a RINO over Obama because I don't believe I have ever heard of a president as TONE DEAF as Obama in my lifetime. Unlike others, I don't dislike him personally. Arrogant, sure but I have arrogant friends. But the real danger is his core beliefs. He's a true believer. He's drunk the Kool-Aid. He is so idelogically left wing that now he was driving our country off a cliff. Sure we have other issues to deal with, but another OBama administration would trump all of that in the 'disaster' department.

Solidus-snake
11-16-2011, 02:26 AM
I'll tell you why. It's because the common Joe today don't know the difference between the white house and a hole in the wall. People have become so self centered they don't pay attention to the chaos going on around them. They just wanna let the Gov control everything. Thus you have the democratic mindset.

And for those of us that are pissed off, there's not much we can do. Politicians don't give a shit about the country. Just themselves. To do what needs to be done would Ruin a politicians career, which none of them are willing to do.

mriddick
11-16-2011, 06:28 AM
I can tell you here in Ohio issue 5 pretty much taken the gas out of the TEA party. I wonder if the actions of some of the states in cutting back public workers benefits has been taken by many that when cuts come they will affect them and that was not the idea they had in mind.

mrkalashnikov
11-16-2011, 08:38 AM
This is just more fulfillment of the "Change" we were promised, by Barry Obama.

Altarboy
11-16-2011, 11:32 AM
After a while people just accept the malaise. It's so far gone there's no fixing it, so we just sort of settle into a sort of Stockholm Syndrone. Stock up!

TomO
11-16-2011, 01:18 PM
As long as lamp posts across the country can be adorned with the hanging bodies of the politicians who aided and abetted it, I say, let it come.

I've often thought that Mr. Morden would make a wonderful politician. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0n2vurSBIQ

gpwasr10
11-16-2011, 02:05 PM

Where's the outrage?

The outrage I left... in my other pants...

I will tell you this, no one cares, and it's unfixable until it explodes... so this is what I am waiting to happen. The one guy that is running that I feel could actually change our financial direction (you know, the financial part that WILL destroy this nation)... well, people are worried about the fact that he likes pussy.

CigarGuy
11-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Hey! We got the SUPER COMMITTEE going for us, yo thee of little faith! ;)

Warthogg
11-16-2011, 05:06 PM

I will tell you this, no one cares, and it's unfixable until it explodes... so this is what I am waiting to happen. The one guy that is running that I feel could actually change our financial direction (you know, the financial part that WILL destroy this nation)... well, people are worried about the fact that he likes pussy.

I will tell you this, no one cares...

it's unfixable until it explodes...

Yup

The one guy that is running that I feel could actually change our financial direction.......

...is a former employee of the Federal Reserve and a liar.

Wart

Warthogg
11-16-2011, 05:09 PM
After a while people just accept the malaise. It's so far gone there's no fixing it, so we just sort of settle into a sort of Stockholm Syndrone. Stock up!

I think the above is about right.

Wart

O.S.O.K.
11-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Ain't that the truth...

I do think if Gingrich somehow makes it that he will apply the needed reforms. Not enough to stop the big show but enough to postition the US better...

But I agree that Cain would be focused on it like a laser beam. I think the guy actually wants to do good for the country that has given him the opportunities that he's captialized on (pun intended).

O.S.O.K.
11-16-2011, 05:14 PM
I can tell you here in Ohio issue 5 pretty much taken the gas out of the TEA party. I wonder if the actions of some of the states in cutting back public workers benefits has been taken by many that when cuts come they will affect them and that was not the idea they had in mind.

I was really dissapointed in Ohio voters for that blatant act of stupidity.

However, they will learn. The fact is, much more drastic and deep cuts will have to be made once the state defaults.

And I wouldn't count the Tea Party out there yet. Winning every battle is not the way to long term change. Dogged determination is.

Warthogg
11-16-2011, 05:36 PM
(crickets chirping).

Such a sensible idea.

Italy is running a few miles ahead of the US on Route 100.....the (remedial) road to disaster. Let's have a look at who Italy just put into office:

Mario (aka SUPER Mario) Monti is the new Italian ‘leader’.

Super Mario does have some creds:
Chairman of the Trilateral Commission
Leading member of the Bilderberg Group.[10]
International adviser to Goldman Sachs*

Just fractures me. Super is there to direct where the money falls as the Italian economy collapses. (Interest on Italian sovereign debt hoovers around seven percent….NOT sustainable long term and will go higher.) Untold billions will be made during the collapse.

Will be difficult for the US to find a "Super Mario" but I have every confidence in the US Congress and the US electorate.

Wart

*Three European leaders now track back to Goldman Sachs. Government Sachs anyone ??

O.S.O.K.
11-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Wart, I don't think we will see that kind of corruption here - not that we won't have that going on, just that there are too many eyes watching what is going on and it is much more complicated here.

The profit taking has been going on for some time here in anticipation of the coming crash. Those with the real money and those involved in the market trading are most definately working to maniupulate the 2-3% up and down swings - milking them each cycle.

Warthogg
11-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Wart, I don't think we will see that kind of corruption here - not that we won't have that going on, just that there are too many eyes watching what is going on and it is much more complicated here.

The profit taking has been going on for some time here in anticipation of the coming crash. Those with the real money and those involved in the market trading are most definately working to maniupulate the 2-3% up and down swings - milking them each cycle.

May 10, 2011, 8:39 am Investment Banking
Goldman Had Just One Losing Day Last Quarter
By SUSANNE CRAIG

Goldman Sachs lost money on just one trading day in the first quarter, according to a securities filing on Tuesday.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/05/10/goldman-had-just-one-losing-day-last-quarter/

Wart

Penguin
11-16-2011, 07:52 PM
I don’t know where everyone else’s rage is. I think a lot of it is the tea party just ran out of steam. People get tired after a while. I don’t think that they ran out of support though, just steam and, enthusiasm if that makes any sense. I think they have done what they can and, gotten some conservatives elected in particular ones who have run on fiscal responsibility. I think they have also shifted the debate quite a bit too. I think that many people are no longer happy when the politicians just pay lip service to spending less. I think that people actually pay much more attention now. I think though that you don’t see the tea parties out any more because what is the point? For all of that nothing much really changed, other than now there is serious talk of cutting spending. They have done that and continue to do that without protesting out in the streets. I also believe that just as we didn’t end up in this mess over night we won’t get out of it over night either.

I believe that it will be a slow process to replace the politicians that got us in this mess in the first place. After all you can only replace your representatives once every two years. So I think they have done what they can in the house. The really crappy ones that are left will probably stay there because there aren’t enough tea party people in their districts to make much difference. In the senate though they come up on a rotating basis every six years. The tea party didn’t really start until 08. So some of those senators haven’t even had to deal with running for reelection against the tea party.

The state that I live in would be a good example. The tea party has cleaned house here pretty well. A lot of the old members of congress have been sent packing, and in the primaries believe it or not. This is a very conservative state. So if we are sending people packing you know they are making a difference. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2012 when Hatch is up for reelection. If the trend holds, he will lose in the primary. That used to be pretty much unheard of in this state. This state likes incumbents. I know I have every plan of voting against Hatch.

As for my rage I am still plenty pissed. As was mentioned here we are now at 15 trillion and counting. The budget still hasn’t been balanced by a long shot much less a dent made in the deficit, nor does it look like it will ever happen. As was mentioned that housing idiots are going to ask for another bail out and, I am sure they will get it because they are too big to fail. Also I was reading today that the bail out of the auto industry has cost the treasury even more loses than they had originally thought so far. Gee why does that not surprise me in the least? Then you have the post office coming up as well.

No, we are no where near out of this financial abys. I don’t believe that we ever will be until it gets so bad it all collapses then we might rebuild. The sad thing is though I don’t think the people doing the inevitable rebuilding will fix anything. That is just a brief part of my anger in the financial state of ruin we are facing. Don’t get me started on any other number of problems this nation is facing. It seems like every where I look I see bad things going on and no end in sight.