PDA

View Full Version : Tapco Mags OK or Not ??

pastprime
11-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Anybody using the Tapco 30 rounds polymer waffle mags in their Romanians ??? Are they OK, crap, hit and miss or what?

FunkyPertwee
11-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Seems like they work fine for everybody. However, they can't be half as tough as a steel surplus mag or Bulgarian circle 10.

In my opinion, your rifle is worthy of the most reliable and durable mags around, $10 steel surplus or $30 Bulgarian waffle mags. If your gun can make it to Hell and back I'd think you'd want mags that can hack it too.

Schuetzenman
11-24-2011, 12:34 AM
They are IMO the UGLIEST mag on the planet! I don't care if they work as they are too ugly to go in my rifles. Barf!

nitewatcherXX
11-24-2011, 01:42 AM
I have a couple of them. They work just fine. Maybe not the best looking ...but hey, anyone ever seen a good looking man using an AK? Just sayin' BTW J&G has them on sale for $7.99 ea. cant beat that.

FunkyPertwee
11-24-2011, 01:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQalsPMe3tY

nitewatcherXX
11-24-2011, 01:54 AM
Well never mind what I just said LOL

Bluntforce
11-24-2011, 02:58 AM
I have one that came with my WASR. I used it twice, it worked. I did not drop it. I bought a ten pack of fugly euro surplus steel mags and haven't used the Tapco again.

Schuetzenman
11-24-2011, 12:05 PM
notice all the steel inserts in an original Bulgarian military type mag. Frankly over engineered on the front support but the key item is the feed lips are steel lined, the back lug is steel and the front latch lug is steel. It may look plastic but the part of the mag that inserts in the mag well and where the catches hold it is reinforced with steel.

There is no polymer mag that matches these in strength. Really the only match on the market are steel surplus magazines.