PDA

View Full Version : AAC Eco 9mm, anybody have one?

arcangel
11-24-2011, 06:46 PM
I have an AAC ECO 9mm paid off at my local shop I'm just putting the cash together for the tax stamp, about half way there. Does anyone here own one or used one? And if so, can it be used wet? It'll be my first can, and I chose that one due to price. Does it use baffles? The website doesn't have much info. Thanks guys

videodon
11-24-2011, 07:29 PM
I have an EVO-9, I shoot it wet.
I'm about to pay $250 to "Stalking Rhino"
to get it "Jailbroken".
...then I can use it on .22 guns and clean up after.
:)

Helen Keller
11-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I have an EVO-9, I shoot it wet.
I'm about to pay $250 to "Stalking Rhino"
to get it "Jailbroken".
...then I can use it on .22 guns and clean up after.

I visited their site.
any chance they could REPLACE my aluminum baffles with STAINLESS. my blackside is a bitch to clean.

Schuetzenman
11-24-2011, 07:58 PM
I have an AAC ECO 9mm paid off at my local shop I'm just putting the cash together for the tax stamp, about half way there. Does anyone here own one or used one? And if so, can it be used wet? It'll be my first can, and I chose that one due to price. Does it use baffles? The website doesn't have much info. Thanks guys

No I don't. But I do have two suppressors; one is a .22 Pilot and the other is an M4-1000. Neither can be opened and cleaned out. I think having a suppressor that can't be opened and cleaned by the owner / operator is a mistake. If I had it to do over, I especially would have a suppressor that can be opened for .22 LR. The newer Pilots can be taken apart and cleaned, but mine is an older one. All one can do is soak it a lot and then run a nylon bore brush in there then blow it out with high pressure air.

My point is, only look at suppressors that can be opened up for cleaning. If you haven't sent the paper on it yet, and it isn't one you can take apart, try and see if you can change what you are buying. If not then you should restrict yourself to shooting only jacketed bullets in it, no cast lead alloy.

videodon
11-24-2011, 08:02 PM
I visited their site.
any chance they could REPLACE my aluminum baffles with STAINLESS. my blackside is a bitch to clean.

I think they have an option for stainless.
Give 'em a holler.

arcangel
11-24-2011, 08:41 PM
I only run jacketed bullets through all of my firearms and don't use lead cast. I was going to get the Evo but it was twice the cost. Anyways when I decide to get a 45 acp can I'll end up with the Ti-rant, and get an adapter for 9mm as well. I just wanted to jump on board the silencer wagon without breaking the bank.

arcangel
11-25-2011, 11:30 PM
What's "jailbroken " mean?

videodon
11-26-2011, 06:40 AM
What's "jailbroken " mean?

They alter a sealed can (thread the cap, etc.) so you can disassemble for cleaning.