PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Firearms Ak's?

VATODAVE
11-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Thinking of purchasing an ak47 from Atlantic Firearms and was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before and the quality of their ak's. I am stuck between a IAC Milled Yugo (classic furniture) or a Red Jacket Firearms converted Saiga (classic furniture). Any opinions? My budget is $1,200.

Schuetzenman
11-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Atlantic is a top quality company to do business with. They do support the products they sell. AS far as the two AK types go I'm sure they are both going to be fine products. YOu just have to decide if you want a milled or a sheet metal receiver. The Saigas are Russian AK rifles at their core so I'm kind of partial to any proper looking AK built up off one of those.

imanaknut
11-24-2011, 11:48 PM
I have nothing but good to say about Atlantic Firearms. They stand behind what they sell, and the last time I spoke to the owner, someone had to pull him away from the phone. Really nice guy!!!!

insider
11-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Atlantic is good, but for $1200 you could get a nice pre-ban.

Full Otto
11-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Atlantic is good, but for $1200 you could get a nice pre-ban.

Being from California he'd have to get one already there I believe.
Kind of bumps those pre ban prices

Woogiebear
01-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Has anyone ever had a problem getting ahold of their customer service people either thru email or phone? I have been trying like crazy for about a week now to talk to someone over there, anyone. Right now I would settle for the janitor. I have heard good things about their customer service, like how the owner had to be pulled from the phone while helping a customer, but based off my current experience, I would say that horse puckey. I have made numerous calls and emails. Zilch!

O.S.O.K.
01-17-2012, 10:08 AM
That's not good...

I've heard nothing but good about Atlantic...

I will add the suggestion to look at Classic Arms to - depending on what you are looking for, they have some conversion Saigas too, starting at $459 and up - though not as tricked out... http://www.classicarms.us/Saiga.htm

Woogiebear
01-17-2012, 10:26 AM
I appreciate the link. Checked it out and looks to be a good site, just doesn't have what I am looking for. I guess I am being pretty picky, but feel that I have been waiting long enough and saving to get one specific type that I might regret getting something else. Definately will check out the site later though to purchase my 2nd AK, I promise you that.

O.S.O.K.
01-17-2012, 11:03 AM
NP, you're welcome.

imanaknut
01-17-2012, 02:15 PM
While there is no excuse not having someone to answer the phones or email, the Shot Show is this week and there is a possibility that the people of Atlantic were setting up last week for the show this week.

Again, that is not an excuse to not have someone to answer the phone.

Woogiebear
01-20-2012, 07:27 AM
While there is no excuse not having someone to answer the phones or email, the Shot Show is this week and there is a possibility that the people of Atlantic were setting up last week for the show this week.

Again, that is not an excuse to not have someone to answer the phone.

Totally agree. I guess I was just a little let down that no one made an effort to get a hold of me. No matter. Sh*t happens.