PDA

View Full Version : I might as well spread the news....

NewbieAKguy
11-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Yours truly will be a first time father at the end of May, beginning of June (May 25th is technically due date I guess)! Wife is now in her second trimester (as of a week or two) and the youngin' is looking/sounding good and strong. We'll be finding out the gender during her next checkup's sonogram next month!

Needless to say I've had the occasional "Oh shit! I need to start....." moments at least once a week since the stick showed a +. LOL :thud::happy::laugh:

imanaknut
11-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Congrats and welcome to the club of looking at firearms you can no longer afford!!!!

But kids make it so worth it!!!!!!!

Gunreference1
11-25-2011, 02:40 PM
NewbieAKguy, congratulations to you and your wife! Wishing you both the best with your 'pending' bundle of joy.

Steve

Solidus-snake
11-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Congratulations man!

NewbieAKguy
11-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks! We broke the news to my side of the family while at my aunt and uncle's place for dinner along with my dad and his gf, gramps and grams, my sister. Told my mom and step-dad before they left for her side....needless to say my mom was ecstatic, LOL.

To tell her side, my wife sent all her family each a mug saying 'world's best grandma, grandpa', etc., for Christmas. We each told a couple close friends just to tell someone :), but waited for yesterday to tell family for mass effect.

Viking350
11-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Congratulations sir. Get as much sleep as you can between now and June. You're going to need it! :clap:

sevlex
11-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Congratulations!
:party::party::party:

As an aside, my baby just turned 11 mos yesterday.

NewbieAKguy
11-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Congratulations!
:party::party::party:

As an aside, my baby just turned 11 mos yesterday.

Awesome! You're going to have busy Christmas week every year. lol

Schuetzenman
11-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Congrats on the pending birth! You days of buying firearms are now over for the next 20 years.:cigarsmoking:

NewbieAKguy
11-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Never! LOL. Then I guess I should get as many beforehand as possible.......ya, I'm sure my wife will go for that! :punch1:

1 Patriot-of-many
11-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Congrats!

mriddick
11-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Yes congrats.

El Duce
11-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Will pray for a healthy, happy baby! Congrats to you and your wife!! (Best news I have heard all day!)

El Laton Caliente
11-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Congratulations! What guns are you selling to get the kid out of hospital hock? LOL!!!

tank_monkey
11-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Congratulations sir. Get as much sleep as you can between now and June. You're going to need it! :clap:

Congratulations. And as a new parent, sleep will be a thing of the past ...........

NewbieAKguy
11-25-2011, 06:25 PM
C'mon now ELC, that's not funny! Heehee. I'm pretty confident that won't be necessary. In fact, I told my wife I plan to buy at least one rifle (.308 AR to replace ptr-91 I sold), which she's cool with :wootrock:. Only by coincidence am I trying to sell the ACR,....no REALLY, I'm serious. Lol.

I'm honored I was able to bring some sunshine to your day El Duce :thumbspbig:

And as for the sleep thing, it might not be too bad because I currently work nights (and may choose to in the future) and wife works normal days. So theoretically I take care of the youngin' while she sleeps and vice versa. Like I said, theoretically :D.

El Laton Caliente
11-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Theoretically, you work nights and take care of the kid days and she works days and takes care of the kid nights and neither of you sleep or have sex... OK, I've got it.... LMAO!!!

NewbieAKguy
11-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhh the kid has to sleep sometime right??? lmao

El Jefe
11-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Congratulations, great news! ;)

El Laton Caliente
11-25-2011, 08:02 PM

Umm, you won't think so for a few months....

Dan Morris
11-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Congrats on the pending birth! You days of buying firearms are now over for the next 20 years.:cigarsmoking:

Look at it this way....if the offspring turns into a shooter, every time you find yourself a toy, ya gotta double the purchase or tripple it. Least ways, that's the way it worked for me! Boy, shooting got cheaper when they moved out...LOL
Seriously, my congrats.
Dan

NewbieAKguy
11-26-2011, 12:38 AM
Look at it this way....if the offspring turns into a shooter, every time you find yourself a toy, ya gotta double the purchase or tripple it. Least ways, that's the way it worked for me! Boy, shooting got cheaper when they moved out...LOL
Seriously, my congrats.
Dan

Trust me, I'm already working on that angle. :).

gpwasr10
11-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Congrats and welcome to the club of looking at firearms you can no longer afford!!!!

But kids make it so worth it!!!!!!!
Seconded!

I have two of those... I mostly stick to upgrading what I already have... makes it a little less expensive ;-)

Bluntforce
11-26-2011, 02:47 AM
Congratulations!

Schuetzenman
11-26-2011, 09:05 AM

Sure, 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there. Your new title will be Minute Man! :sex:

NewbieAKguy
11-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Sure, 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there. Your new title will be Minute Man! :sex:

Wait a sec, you just said 10 minutes here and there so....title should be 10 Minute Man!!! :lol2:

Crash
11-26-2011, 12:53 PM
A friend once told me when we had a child that:

The first year you try to get them to walk and talk and then after that you're trying to get them to sit down and shut up!

NewbieAKguy
11-26-2011, 01:49 PM
By coincidence this video was sent to me in a newsletter. I admit to being astounded at what our bodies can do with such complexity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKyljukBE70&feature=player_embedded

Partisan1983
11-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Congrats man!!!!

:thumbsup:

American Rage
11-26-2011, 02:43 PM
Congrats! I'm sure you will be a great father.

Krupski
11-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Yours truly will be a first time father at the end of May, beginning of June (May 25th is technically due date I guess)! Wife is now in her second trimester (as of a week or two) and the youngin' is looking/sounding good and strong. We'll be finding out the gender during her next checkup's sonogram next month!

Needless to say I've had the occasional "Oh shit! I need to start....." moments at least once a week since the stick showed a +. LOL :thud::happy::laugh:

:jump::ola:

Congratulations!!!

You're in for a thrilling ride!

Krupski
11-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Seriously, my congrats.
Dan

I have a system for shooting with my kids: I buy the guns. I buy the ammo. I load the mags. They shoot. I clean the guns.

Oh well... :)

BISHOP
11-26-2011, 10:35 PM
PM sent.

BISHOP

ltorlo64
11-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Congrats!!! Welcome to second most educational time in your life! The first being the firt 24 months of life. You will learn almost as much during the next 24 months as you did during your first 24. Don't let them scare you about the sleep. It doesn't take long to learn how to live on 3 hours of sleep at a time. Actually, it is only about 6-12 weeks and most babies are sleeping through the night (defined as at least 6 hours at a shot). Have fun.

Oh yeah, watch your wife. One of the most beautiful things to watch is a young woman turn into a mother. It is a beautiful transformation, unless you get between her and her baby, then it is a scarry thing. Sort of like momma grizzly scarry!

ltorlo64
11-26-2011, 11:06 PM
I have a system for shooting with my kids: I buy the guns. I buy the ammo. I load the mags. They shoot. I clean the guns.

Oh well... :)

Sounds almost like fishing.

NewbieAKguy
01-04-2012, 10:36 PM
After three tries with the sonogram today, the youngin' finally cooperated; I have a baby girl on the way!

Funny how we had a boy's name already picked out and we barely thought of girl names lately. Guess that'll be changing now! LOL.

arcangel
01-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Congrats man! This is a wonderful time for you and your wife. My GF and I are expecting a baby girl too. Early Feb, she'll be my first child as well. Like said earlier in this thread watch your wife, its amazing to see them bond and grow together. I don't know if anyone else went through this with their pregnancy but I've been having some really off the wall dreams when her tummy is touching me and the baby is kicking. Its cool though. And as for buying gun stuffs get it all now! My GF is pretty cool about it, she says as long as baby has what she needs I can get guns, ammo, and gear as much as I like. I got lucky having her. Good luck to you and yours, our prayers are out to your family.

1 Patriot-of-many
01-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Dammit, you're going to turn into a softie. Seriously, now you have all kinds of new thoughts that are going to impact your life, Good luck, Hope she turns out well. My two out of the house have issues. The one left in my house is stable for now at 14.

Think those years went pretty slow? guess again, some kind of time warp makes the minutes increase exponentially and you will have grey hair very fast.

Congrats my friend to you and your beautiful wife.

Soon she'll want a duck.
http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad7/1Patriot-of-many/53400147.jpg

Then she'll want to take your Bradley Fighting Vehicle for a spin.
http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad7/1Patriot-of-many/GEDC0498.jpg

MDE
01-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Congrats man. Your NWO is about to start.
It will be a new way of life for sure.

Mike

El Duce
01-05-2012, 04:42 PM
God Bless Little Girls! My daughter and wife (and son) are my world.

rahatlakhoom
01-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Wow! I just saw this thread.
It is exciting news.
I have two daughters in my life.
I have never been so moved in my life, as when they came into this world.
I wish you all the joy in the world.

btcave
01-05-2012, 09:30 PM
:thumbsup:Congratulations brother!

NewbieAKguy
01-07-2012, 02:37 AM
Think those years went pretty slow? guess again, some kind of time warp makes the minutes increase exponentially and you will have grey hair very fast.

Dude, I've been getting white hairs (redhead here) at my temples for last couple of years! With a girl on the way it means I definitely need to get a house with another bathroom or I'll be screwed. :D

Thanks again everyone.

Solidus-snake
01-07-2012, 09:22 AM
Congratulations man! Me and my wife havent had our first yet and were really leaving it up to fate as to when we'll have ours.

About the gray hair, I dunno what ill do when the day comes that we are expecting. Only 22 and been married 4 years and I already have several gray hairs up there..

NewbieAKguy
04-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Thought I'd give an update. My wife reached 36 weeks yesterday, so our baby girl will be here anywhere from 2-4 weeks....well realistically she could be here any day :happy:.
Hasn't been the easiest of pregnancies; she was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, but my wife is a trooper and doing great with her regimen. With the g.d. our baby girl has chance of being born tad sooner. Either way, I'm ready to hold my baby girl. Oh ya, can't remember if I told you guys, we've decided on the name Olivia. Well, will let everyone one know when the day arrives and post a pic when able.

O.S.O.K.
04-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Hey, congrats!!!

My wife had preterm labor but all three of our kids birthed just fine. :)

Hang in there :)

5.56NATO
04-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Congratulations!

blacksheep
04-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Atta boy ! congratulations ! :thumbspbig:

stinker
04-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Congrats.

So when the mother in law comes over to baby proof the house can we have your collection?

:smiley31:

Krupski
04-29-2012, 10:59 PM

Congratulations! :ola:

BTW... May 25 is my daughter's birthday too!

Krupski
04-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Congrats.

So when the mother in law comes over to baby proof the house can we have your collection?

Nah.... he has to keep all his guns (and buy more). You know how guys are.

OH? You want to date my daughter? Well let's see what Mr. 12 gauge says about that!

Sorry... Mr. 12 gauge says "no". He also says "run while you can".

:)

NewbieAKguy
04-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Congrats.

Lol, doubt that'll happen....being as my mother-in-law lives in Canada. Nice try tho :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone for the best wishes. And to add to my, well our fun, hope to put our house on the market by Friday if not earlier so we can upgrade....we have a house picked out already, and fingers crossed no one else is interested in it! LOL, can't do things the easy way it seems. According to our agent our type of house (house we live in now) is moving pretty quickly in our area, plus we've put alot into it to look good, so she/we think/hope ours will sell relatively quick.

Funny you mention your daughter's bday Krup, my wife's is the 17th and as I said there's chance Olivia may arrive sooner. Wouldn't be first time in my family that a mom and daughter have same bday....my mom and sister have same bday.

NewbieAKguy
04-29-2012, 11:11 PM
And for sure my baby girl is reason enough to buy more guns! Already planning/day dreaming of a nice pink color-schemed .22 AR for daddy's lil' shooter....after she graduates from pink Chipmunk .22 rifle of course. :D Actually working on one for mommy and daughter in the future.

NewbieAKguy
04-29-2012, 11:19 PM
I should prob get a few of these ready, for when the time comes. LOL

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/401349_241833002573981_168372346586714_500936_3949 93169_n.jpg