PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead Mid Season Final Episode

Schuetzenman
11-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Well, it's over now and it sure ended with a dramatic flury of zombie blasting. Spoiler alert, read no further if you didn't catch it.

The missing little girl Sophia was the last Walker to suffle out of the barn and last one shot. I have to say it made me very sad. I was rooting for them finding here alive.

RJ Shooter
11-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Well, it's over now and it sure ended with a dramatic flury of zombie blasting. Spoiler alert, read no further if you didn't catch it.

The missing little girl Sophia was the last Walker to suffle out of the barn and last one shot. I have to say it made me very sad. I was rooting for them finding here alive.ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE EPISODE!!!!

As much as I hate Shane, he proved a valuable point to the old man. They're Not Alive!!!!!

And I think it was meant to make you sad to the reality of the situation. As much as everyone has been whining about the "touchy-feeliness" of the season, I think this proves the point as to why this show is a success!!!! It pulls you in...

NAPOTS
11-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Would you have shot Shane at the end?

If you were in the sherriff's shoes, for the integrity of the group, would you have shot him? Sure he is useful with a gun but he is dangerous and detrimental to the cohesionsiveness of the group.

RJ Shooter
11-27-2011, 11:08 PM
I wanted to, but am not sure that I would have. He proved a point to the farm owner, by shooting the one about 8 times. It needed to be done! And as much as fratricide seems somewhat called for, I'm not sure it is necessary now. I guess we'll see.

NAPOTS
11-27-2011, 11:11 PM
taking insects, bacteria, and fungi into consideration wouldn't his point eventually have proven itself?

Schuetzenman
11-27-2011, 11:14 PM
The sneak peak from the next episode on Feb. 12th shows Hershal saying "Off my land"! Shane tried to show em that they are dead, but it didn't seem to take hold in his mind.

abpt1
11-27-2011, 11:23 PM

The missing little girl Sophia was the last Walker to suffle out of the barn and last one shot. I have to say it made me very sad. I was rooting for them finding here alive.Yeah I was rootin for the little girl as well ...I think Shane should have been ktfo any way .....so was that the last one till when?
I

Schuetzenman
11-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Yeah I was rootin for the little girl as well ...I think Shane should have been ktfo any way .....so was that the last one till when?
I

Feb 12th is the next new episode.

NAPOTS
11-27-2011, 11:37 PM
No way the little girl would have survived on her own long enough for the boy to recover from a gunshot wound.

Kadmos
11-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Better than the rest of this mini season. Seems to me it was a good first episode and a decent last episode and the rest of the season was a letdown. A few good parts here and there, but kinda disappointing overall.

About 3 episodes back I was watching with my brother when it told about the walkers in the barn and I said "How much you wanna bet the kids in the barn?" He passed on betting.

Shane proving his point was a nice scene, the girl walking out obviously to disprove it did make a good touch and made the scene still worth seeing.

Justin
11-28-2011, 01:17 AM
I was hoping that Sophia would be found alive, but at the same time the fact that she was found as a walker proves that this show is different. I also think that Daryle was really hoping to find her alive, and that this event will have a detrimental effect on his character.

Bluntforce
11-28-2011, 01:48 AM
I was hoping that they would never find her, the most likely scenario. Finding her so intact is highly unlikely seeing as how she's more of a Chicken McNugget than a Big Mac.

Kadmos
11-28-2011, 02:22 AM
I also think that Daryle was really hoping to find her alive, and that this event will have a detrimental effect on his character.

Yup. I figure his searching for her was to "make up" for not searching enough for his brother

Oswald Bastable
11-28-2011, 02:33 AM
I was hoping that they would never find her, the most likely scenario. Finding her so intact is highly unlikely seeing as how she's more of a Chicken McNugget than a Big Mac.

Yeah, if she'd been caught by a walker, she'd have been pretty much eviscerated...more of a half-walker (crawler?) like Rick found in the park in the first episode.

T2K
11-28-2011, 04:51 AM
DAMMIT! I was warned and still read the spoiler anyway. :(
My fault.

The episode only airs on Fri night here in Singapore (I like watching it on TV instead of hassling with a download and watching it on my laptop).

But, if the girl encountered a lone zombie (perhaps while she slept) she would probably get bit but be able to escape with a burst of adrenaline. Then die and reanimate.
That's how most humans get infected, they are able to escape being devoured but are still bitten.

Looking forward to this episode!

Sergis Bauer
11-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Good episode, the ending was a great way to drive home how every walker was once a person who meant something to someone. That said, I'm not sure they needed 7 episodes to set up that point... when I want hours and hours of tedious development for a few short seconds of payoff, I'll just listen to a Wagner opera. They could have done this MUCH tighter.

If I were Rick, I wouldn't have shot Shane in the heat of that moment-- for one, he didn't have a gun at first, and second, there are too many variables with guns (i.e. Andrea). But he would be dealt with as soon as a good moment came. Too much of a liability in the overall picture.

One point that's been overlooked above-- Herschel would have a LOT of 'splainin' to do-- you mean to tell me that not only is your barn full of undead and you don't tell us, but in the time the group has been here you capture and detain a walker that matches the description of the girl we're looking for, and you don't tell us? You let our people go out day after day into all manner of dangerous situations that you know are a waste of time when you know exactly where she is, and her condition? I'd have the man's balls for that.

Schuetzenman
11-28-2011, 07:11 AM
DAMMIT! I was warned and still read the spoiler anyway. :(
My fault.

The episode only airs on Fri night here in Singapore (I like watching it on TV instead of hassling with a download and watching it on my laptop).

But, if the girl encountered a lone zombie (perhaps while she slept) she would probably get bit but be able to escape with a burst of adrenaline. Then die and reanimate.
That's how most humans get infected, they are able to escape being devoured but are still bitten.

Looking forward to this episode!

I'm sorry the surpise is now gone for you, but I did warn that a spolier was coming if you read further. My wife and I were both a bit teary-eyed at the end. Watching the Talking Dead show afteward the actor that plays Daryl, (Norman Reedus) said he and the young actress were buddies on the set and he felt bad for her that she's off the program now. Along those lines the writer of The Walking Dead was asked about what he thinks when a main player in the group is killed off like Sophia. His responce was along the lines of, "In the comic books it's exciting and challenging. On the show it's like you're firing an actor so I feel bad about it".

RJ Shooter
11-28-2011, 08:24 AM
I personally think that The Talking Dead is just as good a show as the main show! You learn a whole lot of back story, and it's funny... Reedus is a funny dude! :p

Reedus even admitted that he can get teary eyed during some aspects. He's so my favorite on the show...

abpt1
11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I personally think that The Talking Dead is just as good a show as the main show! You learn a whole lot of back story, and it's funny... Reedus is a funny dude! :p

Reedus even admitted that he can get teary eyed during some aspects. He's so my favorite on the show...

I have not watched that talking dead yet I have to check that out ..... I think this show is moving along just fine but I am sure they will leave the Farm now...My guess is the farmer will most likely kill him self and set the barn/whole farm on fire now that he sees there is no help for him or his loved ones that have now been exterminated ....one way or another I think they will be moving along next season ...

Solidus-snake
11-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Next episodes in February? Damn, ill have to find something else to watch on Monday mornings..

Justin
11-28-2011, 11:15 AM

I watched the talking dead, and did you see the part where the guy who plays Darlye was answering a question about Merle? The question was, "If Merle came back, would Darlye side with his brother, or the group that he's with right now?" He answered the question like it was going to happen, saying "That's going to be interesting, I think that there will be a lot of violence."

FunkyPertwee
11-28-2011, 11:33 AM
I was wondering if Norman Reedus (Daryl) wasn't giving to much away inadvertently. Definitely seems like he's going to encounter Merle soon.

Bluntforce
11-28-2011, 03:52 PM
One point that's been overlooked above-- Herschel would have a LOT of 'splainin' to do-- you mean to tell me that not only is your barn full of undead and you don't tell us, but in the time the group has been here you capture and detain a walker that matches the description of the girl we're looking for, and you don't tell us? You let our people go out day after day into all manner of dangerous situations that you know are a waste of time when you know exactly where she is, and her condition? I'd have the man's balls for that.

That was addressed in THE TALKING DEAD Otis was the Walker Wrangler. It was Otis' job to corral the Walkers and he could and probably did collect Sophia without Herschel's knowledge. Otis probably didn't want to relive the collection of a dead little girl and her incarceration into zombie jail.

Most importantly, it's Herschel's place, it's really none of their fucking business what's in his barn. I would have told my daughter not to collect any survivors and would have had my people armed to the teeth to protect the farm from the living. The barn dwellers being relatives, neighbors and friends being under no danger from the original farm residents.

It's not Herschel's job to make a bunch of squatters feel warm and fuzzy. I would not collect Walkers in the first place, but Herschel can take up whatever hobby he wants. In the second place I wouldn't let an armed band of peckerwood cops and lame-assed suburbanites into my sanctuary. After they kill me they can do what they want to my farm and zombie zoo. I won't be made a beggar on my own land and won't explain shit to dickheads I don't owe a fucking thing to.

If I were Herschel I'd keep an eye on Shane and execute his sorry ass for buttfucking my sacred cow. Piss on suicide, death is coming on greased wings of lightning for all, revenge is better.

Richard Simmons
11-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Did anyone else catch it last night when Shane got the guns back from Dale, Dale said something about "like you shot Otis" and Shane didn't say anything. Dale now knows Shane did something to Otis other wise Shane would have responded something like "shot Otis? What are you talking about"?

In the heat of the moment I think Dale used the situation to his advantage to play a hunch he had about the story Shane told about the trip to the High School. Dale is pretty sly. I only wished I'd have paid more attention to any expression Dale had after he asked the question/

Sergis Bauer
11-28-2011, 04:08 PM
That was addressed in THE TALKING DEAD Otis was the Walker Wrangler. It was Otis' job to corral the Walkers and he could and probably did collect Sophia without Herschel's knowledge. Otis probably didn't want to relive the collection of a dead little girl and her incarceration into zombie jail.

Most importantly, it's Herschel's place, it's really none of their fucking business what's in his barn. I would have told my daughter not to collect any survivors and would have had my people armed to the teeth to protect the farm from the living. The barn dwellers being relatives, neighbors and friends being under no danger from the original farm residents.

It's not Herschel's job to make a bunch of squatters feel warm and fuzzy. I would not collect Walkers in the first place, but Herschel can take up whatever hobby he wants. In the second place I wouldn't let an armed band of peckerwood cops and lame-assed suburbanites into my sanctuary. After they kill me they can do what they want to my farm and zombie zoo. I won't be made a beggar on my own land and won't explain shit to dickheads I don't owe a fucking thing to.

If I were Herschel I'd keep an eye on Shane and execute his sorry ass for buttfucking my sacred cow. Piss on suicide, death is coming on greased wings of lightning for all, revenge is better.

Um... OK then. My point being is that it takes an asshole to let people venture out looking for someone who is already dead. If he didn't know that, then he's a bigger asshole for having a collection of zombies in his barn and not even knowing who or what is in there, if nothing else just for having a head count to keep the things fed. I find it hard to believe Otis collected the girl and didn't mention it to Herschel, especially since he was around and aware of the search before setting off with Shane to the High School. It's not about making people "feel warm and fuzzy", it's about letting people put themselves in harm's way for a pointless mission.

Any way you slice the situation, Herschel is a jackass.

Bluntforce
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Any way you slice the situation, Herschel is a jackass.

I agree, for different reasons. Anybody that would keep a zombie collection is committing suicide by delayed proxy. Letting an armed band into your safe haven that outnumbers your force on hand and is better armed than yours is submitting to slavery by the new arrivals. I suspect you are right on about Herschel knowing about it, but for now there is doubt.

He could have lied and said they put down a walker fitting that description. One thing overlooked is there would very likely be thousands of little blonde zombie girls, one was offed in the premiere.

Collecting zombies, jackass.
Collecting armed squatters in numbers you can't defeat, jackass.

Not presenting a cover story may just be not inviting more trouble. Herschel is under a layer cake of ka-ka, barn full of "people" who want to eat him, farm full of people who want his balls thinking he owes them something 1) Shelter 2) Explanations, and an outside world full of people who want to eat him. It's his lack of assholery that put him under the first two.

TomO
11-28-2011, 04:42 PM
zombie zoo

:lol:

Mark Ducati
11-28-2011, 04:54 PM
My guess is that Sophia died of starvation/dehydration....

What I don't get is how Dale just assumed that Shane shot Otis? He called him out on it outright! All he had to go on was how "evasive and vague" he'd been about the night Otis was killed by the walkers... no other info was really elaborated on. The show makes Dale out to be the intuitive father/grandfather of the show... but really? I found that calling Shane out directly for "shooting" Otis to be a stretch.

Then, when Rick was helping the farmer pull the walkers out of the Swamp, the farmer stated that it used to be Otis's job to round them up and put them in the barn. So, I'm wondering, once you get the first walker in the barn, how do you restrain it so as to get the other one in without getting attacked by the one on the loose? There were already over a dozen walkers in the barn, just how did Rick think they were going to get those two more in the barn?

Who else thinks Daryl and Carol (Sophia's mom) will be "goin' at it soon"?

Richard Simmons
11-28-2011, 04:59 PM
My guess is that Sophia died of starvation/dehydration....

What I don't get is how Dale just assumed that Shane shot Otis? He called him out on it outright! All he had to go on was how "evasive and vague" he'd been about the night Otis was killed by the walkers... no other info was really elaborated on. The show makes Dale out to be the intuitive father/grandfather of the show... but really? I found that calling Shane out directly for "shooting" Otis to be a stretch.

Then, when Rick was helping the farmer pull the walkers out of the Swamp, the farmer stated that it used to be Otis's job to round them up and put them in the barn. So, I'm wondering, once you get the first walker in the barn, how do you restrain it so as to get the other one in without getting attacked by the one on the loose? There were already over a dozen walkers in the barn, just how did Rick think they were going to get those two more in the barn?

Who else thinks Daryl and Carol (Sophia's mom) will be "goin' at it soon"?

Carol could put a hurtin on ole Daryl I bet. As far as getting the new walkers in the barn I'd think that if you went to one end of the barn and banged on the door you could keep them occupied enough to slip a new one in at the other end. Obviously it get's harder as you get more of them in the barn.

As far as Dale goes I think he's pretty sharp and he obviously knows Shane by now and can read people. He played a hunch and it paid off.

RJ Shooter
11-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Sofia died from a big bite on her neck!!!! They even talked about it on Talking Dead... ;)

...and for Dale, if you remember, he saw Shane draw down on Rick, without his knowledge. It's not that hard to see what "type" of guy Shane is, and what he'll do to survive. Dale is just "paying attention!"

Even Glenn stated that he forgot to be scared...

Sergis Bauer
11-28-2011, 05:14 PM
So, I'm wondering, once you get the first walker in the barn, how do you restrain it so as to get the other one in without getting attacked by the one on the loose? There were already over a dozen walkers in the barn, just how did Rick think they were going to get those two more in the barn?

I suppose you could also rig them up to the hayloft pulley system and drop them in. Any way you do it, it wouldn't be easy.

Best would be to put up a two-gate system in the barn so that you could run them through like livestock, with a secure outer section in the barn and an internal paddock for the walkers. But then the gripping mid-season finale wouldn't work.

Mark Ducati
11-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Yep, Sophia got bit on the neck...
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/inside-the-walking-dead-making-of-the-barn-scene

RJ Shooter
11-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Barns always have multiple entrances... I would imagine they had just one for 'stocking' the barn. :p

Hobe Sound AK
11-28-2011, 06:45 PM
I love that Blonde! who is she? the Girl the Guy thought to shoot. She got a Jam there in a heavy Scene, As the Walker's are coming towards her he talks her out of a Stovepipe, and how to clear and Insert a new Magazine. You were able to see, how she almost panicked, but recovered, and then started to Kill them in Number's. I am glad the 2 of them got together. She is good with Gun's. and getting a better Shot all the time.

Hobe Sound AK
11-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Love that Gal. http://www.gunsnet.net/photopost/data/500/Walking_Blonde.jpg

Hobe Sound AK
11-28-2011, 07:02 PM
Laurie Holden as Andrea, her Sister Died. I guess. I only started watching it 3 week's ago. So I sort of missed a lot. I wonder if she is related to William Holden?

Richard Simmons
11-28-2011, 07:03 PM
How did I forget this?

Did anyone else catch it when Rick told Shane that Lori was pregnant Shane told him congratulations and as he was walking away Rick said, "You too" Shane just about shit himself.

Richard Simmons
11-28-2011, 07:05 PM
I love that Blonde! who is she? the Girl the Guy thought to shoot. She got a Jam there in a heavy Scene, As the Walker's are coming towards her he talks her out of a Stovepipe, and how to clear and Insert a new Magazine. You were able to see, how she almost panicked, but recovered, and then started to Kill them in Number's. I am glad the 2 of them got together. She is good with Gun's. and getting a better Shot all the time.

You should see her in her tight leather outfit and short haircut as the motorcycle cop in Silent Hill. She's mega hot!

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2682296576/nm0390229

Schuetzenman
11-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Barns always have multiple entrances... I would imagine they had just one for 'stocking' the barn. :p

A Cattle Chute would work with an elevated platform tall enough to use the animal control poles to lead them in and then release them once you get them manuvered near the inner door to the barn. Then slide open said door and use the poles to push them in and slide it back.

Schuetzenman
11-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Laurie Holden as Andrea, her Sister Died. I guess. I only started watching it 3 week's ago. So I sort of missed a lot. I wonder if she is related to William Holden?

You should be able to catch up on line or if you have Comcast, on demand, TV, Catch Up. Oh and on the Talking Dead program she called in and they asked here "I hear you're doing firearms training"? She replies, "Yes I am and have given my roles as CIA agents etc. in the past. In Georgia we have this Navy Seal that takes me out in the woods for a couple hours at a time and we shoot guns". That's as close as I can remember what she said. Good looking and likes to shoot! Schwing!

NAPOTS
11-28-2011, 07:11 PM
How did I forget this?

Did anyone else catch it when Rick told Shane that Lori was pregnant Shane told him congratulations and as he was walking away Rick said, "You too" Shane just about shit himself.

Rick must be a hell of a guy becuse that's another reason to find an opportunity to put a bullet in Shane.

Mark Ducati
11-29-2011, 12:42 PM

Regardless, if Herschel had no knowledge of the little girl in the barn.... I bet Otis' wife did! She was feeding the walkers the chickens (broker their legs first, so the walkers could catch them easier)... She had to have seen Sophia in the barn.

shotdown61
11-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Unless I missed something,How did the little girl get into the barn.
Or did the doctor find her and put her there?
And how would you get her in there anyway.Dont look like the door has been open for some time.
And open the door without letting the walkers out?

RJ Shooter
11-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Unless I missed something,How did the little girl get into the barn.
Or did the doctor find her and put her there?
And how would you get her in there anyway.Dont look like the door has been open for some time.
And open the door without letting the walkers out?Did you watch any of this last episode????

The dog catcher poles that they were using on the Walkers in the swamp, is what Otis had been "wrangling" them with. I would imagine there are other ways to get them into the barn, including the loft. But, it doesn't really matter. ツ

Schuetzenman
11-29-2011, 08:44 PM
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/inside-the-walking-dead-the-cast-looks-ahead
Let's see if this link works.

Nuts was trying to post the vid. Anyway if you click the link you will be able to see the actors talk about the second half of season 2 that will start airing in Feb, 2012. Definitely worth viewing IMO.