PDA

View Full Version : Building 100% US Home

rahatlakhoom
11-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Good points made here.

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_04vzdsr5/uiconf_id/

TheDreamer
11-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Thank you for posting this, if you listen to the end of the video it states that the home cost was 1% higher. If 1% means that every inch of my home was constructed from US made materials allowing the economy to rise (even if it is only 5% of job base) where do I sign. Actually in closing on a home at this time, 5 acres in OK with a 4bdr/2 1/2bth home ringing in at 2175 sqft. (this is the reason I have been scarce on the forum) the price tag out the door came to $149,300. Would gladly pay the $1493 for everything to be US made.

Just my thoughts,
Drew

rahatlakhoom
11-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Good to hear you landed a spread.
I'd say older homes had already been built of all US products.
But, henceforth it's good to bear this in mind when building an addition or
other remodeling projects. It does not appear to be at all difficult to make the
choice to buy US.

abpt1
11-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks for posting that !

TheDreamer
12-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Thank you rahatlakhoom,
Although it is 5 acres I did not find out that the property lies within Oklahoma City limits until we were under contract. After many calls to the county sheriff, and OKCPD I have now found out that I can raise any form of animal (including livestock), demolish my home and farm my land but I can NOT discharge a firearm on my property unless it is a 12ga. with #2 or smaller load. It was a huge kick in the pants but I am currently looking at a few plots south of here where land is rather cheap. Roughly $630 an acre for mid-grade land (partial clear/prior food plot) which isn't that bad. Looking to grab at least 20 to place a cabin, 50-300yrd range, pond and a food plot or two. Have a few new friends here that would kill for a chance to hunt property like that.