PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Texans

samiam
11-30-2011, 06:21 AM
Is Rick Perry really as dumb as he appears? His latest foot in mouth not knowing the voting age or the date of the election.

El Laton Caliente
11-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Debates are a terrible format for Prerry. The owner of my company knows him personally. He says Perry in person comes across as a commanding confident and in control exec. His handlers are trying to make him "nicer" and it is not working.

mriddick
11-30-2011, 06:46 AM
Not a Texan but he doesn't seen to be able to think very fast which really I never understood as a qualification for President. It's not like I want a guy in there making snap decisions any way. Except for a very few cases that are probably already well thought out and planned for (such a nuke launch) I can't see a case where the need for some planning and fore thought wouldn't be best.

That said RP is way down on my list for anyone I'll want to vote for (for other reasons).

samiam
11-30-2011, 07:01 AM
This didn't happen at a debate he was giving a speech to some NH college students . . but a politician not knowing when election day is blows my mind.

mriddick
11-30-2011, 10:15 AM
This didn't happen at a debate he was giving a speech to some NH college students . . but a politician not knowing when election day is blows my mind.

I saw the clip, but most of his mistakes have been in the debates and that's what I was talking about. Getting the age thing wrong is sort of odd but for those my age and older 21 is the default age for being an adult. I understand to those younger it's always been 18 so they probably see that slip as even odder. As far as the election date goes I bet you didn't know the date either, I sure didn't and would easily bet 99% of America didn't either. In hindsight it might of been safer to say the second Tuesday in Nov (which I think it still is isn't it??). Of course I'm not one to dwell too hard on verbal slips, but in an world where people are still talking of obama's 57 states I guess the left thinks it's fair...(note I'm not one of those types ;) ).

Texas Soldado
11-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I think that most people majorly overlook the fact that... If any of you have ever made a speech, or even just stood up in a training setting to ask a question in front of a crowd. A lot of folk get a uncomfortable or stage fright . These debates have a very large audiences with lots of TV cameras and bright lights. A lot of pressure when some one is getting questioned. Most people who are confident and self-assured in normal day-to-day conversation would feel pressure and stumble in that setting.

President Zero always reads (and is looking) at the teleprompters. When 0re0-ba-Mao doesn't have a teleprompter he stumbles all over himself.

So yes, I think Perry is sharp but I disagree with his illegal alien views.

Texas Soldado
11-30-2011, 10:45 AM
There are lots of examples of Zero stumbling and saying stupid things. Biden is over the top for idiotic rants.
The Press Korps Wing of the Demokratik Communist Party never reports these. How many women accused Bill Klinton of sex harassment and even rape and you never heard much about it, while Cain's accusers are given airtime over and over.

El Laton Caliente
11-30-2011, 11:17 AM
So yes, I think Perry is sharp but I disagree with his illegal alien views.

The owner of my company told him that his illegal alien views was going to be his problem and that he should be himself and not the "nice" Perry his handlers wanted. In person he is more of a intence, direct, almost overbearing personaility. Very much a alpha leader type. His handlers thought that his made him seem not "nice" to the non-alpha crowd. My boss said the nice act just makes him look less capable of leadership.