PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa !

abpt1
11-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Secret Santa handing out $100 bills.....In the poorest most dangerous city in America(per capita) . (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNIitK-dXCo)

El Duce
11-30-2011, 10:01 AM
There is some good in this world.

Mark Ducati
11-30-2011, 11:28 AM
That was awesome.

I don't know where the guy gets/got his money from... but I've always said that if I won the lottery, I'd retire from dentistry and make it my life's work to give the money away to help others.

Warthogg
11-30-2011, 11:32 AM
A friend of mine collects money every Christmas and buys wine and cigarettes for the homeless.

Not sure how could an idea this is but but the recipients are most appreciative. I kick in $20.

Wart

Mark Ducati
11-30-2011, 08:02 PM
When I travel to downtown Atlanta, its not uncommon to have a homeless person ask you for a couple bucks... Knowing that I'll probably be approached, I keep a few twenties in my wallet.

I figure that if someone asks me for a couple bucks, they're probably going to spend it on booze/tobacco anyways, so I'll give them a few more bucks so that they can get something to eat also.

I started doing this when someone questioned my pastor about this... they said that they did not want to contribute to a sinful lifestyle. My pastor's response was that its not up to you to judge what the person does with the money... you are called to give when someone asks... besides, I spend money on booze and tobacco, I'm certainly not qualified to throw stones.

When I do give someone a twenty and they thank me, I tell them that I was happy to do it because that's what Jesus would have done.

abpt1
11-30-2011, 09:00 PM
When I travel to downtown Atlanta, its not uncommon to have a homeless person ask you for a couple bucks... Knowing that I'll probably be approached, I keep a few twenties in my wallet.

I figure that if someone asks me for a couple bucks, they're probably going to spend it on booze/tobacco anyways, so I'll give them a few more bucks so that they can get something to eat also.

I started doing this when someone questioned my pastor about this... they said that they did not want to contribute to a sinful lifestyle. My pastor's response was that its not up to you to judge what the person does with the money... you are called to give when someone asks... besides, I spend money on booze and tobacco, I'm certainly not qualified to throw stones.

When I do give someone a twenty and they thank me, I tell them that I was happy to do it because that's what Jesus would have done.
Yeah every now and then Ill give out a $5 but I usually dont say anything.

FunkyPertwee
11-30-2011, 09:41 PM
One time a guy on the street asked me for a Taco. I was hungry myself so I gave him a couple bucks instead so he could buy his own taco.

deth502
12-02-2011, 08:53 PM
http://d76241.u43.allramhosting.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/650x691/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/h/shirt-jokes-(8).jpg

abpt1
12-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Bah Hum bug

:santa2:

Nashorn
12-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I used to be an Army recruiter in Reading Pa. back in the mid 80's. My office was about half a block away from that bus station where he is handing out money. It wasn't a very friendly place back then.That guy has some guts to be flashig that kind of cash around there.

abpt1
12-02-2011, 11:01 PM
I used to be an Army recruiter in Reading Pa. back in the mid 80's. My office was about half a block away from that bus station where he is handing out money. It wasn't a very friendly place back then.That guy has some guts to be flashig that kind of cash around there.

He has about three of reading's finest in the background and the chief lol ...