PDA

View Full Version : Europeans and Guns

Gunreference1
11-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Europeans and Guns: It is time for Europeans to support the natural right of human beings to protect oneself with a firearm

Read the column the UK's Daily Mail pulled for being too dangerous
by Brian H. Darling
11/29/2011

Mitchell wrote a piece titled 'European Economic Crisis Highlights an Increasingly Important Reason to Oppose Gun Control' (http://bit.ly/rzRUzm) where he argued that many of the not so rich in Europe may need to arm themselves for personal protection in anticipation of a possible economic collapse. I agree.

Here is how the Mitchell argument plays out. He writes about his first hand experience in talking to some Europeans who are convinced that European society is very close to a complete economic collapse.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=47815

Steve

FunkyPertwee
11-30-2011, 05:59 PM
They didn't give us our freedom, they merely acknowledged it and enumerated a small number of rights.

FunkyPertwee
11-30-2011, 06:15 PM
I had hoped that was what you meant, however most Americans seem to think that one's rights are limited to those which are enumerated.

FunkyPertwee
11-30-2011, 07:25 PM
God gave me my freedoms, those men fought to preserve them.

El Laton Caliente
11-30-2011, 08:08 PM
This is what I was hoping to spread by inviting the Brits here. I does no good to invite the only ones convinced that the right to self defense is necessary. You need to make converts.

FunkyPertwee
11-30-2011, 08:31 PM
This is what I was hoping to spread by inviting the Brits here. I does no good to invite the only ones convinced that the right to self defense is necessary. You need to make converts.

I don't want to have to argue with anti-gun communists when I retreat to the safety of my gun forum. There are plenty of those types out the real world to deal with.

El Laton Caliente
11-30-2011, 09:14 PM
How do make converts that way?

FunkyPertwee
11-30-2011, 09:34 PM
How do make converts that way?

I talk to people in person. I relax at home. This forum is part of my at home relaxation, or mini-breaks between working.

Besides, I want American converts not British converts. The Brits aren't going to be voting for Obama in 2012.

El Laton Caliente
12-01-2011, 06:58 AM
The U.K. and Austrialia are the examples of "success" the antis always use. To see them back off like Canada has would pull a lot of the wind from their sails...

Silicon Wolverine
12-01-2011, 08:03 AM
The U.K. and Austrialia are the examples of "success" the antis always use. To see them back off like Canada has would pull a lot of the wind from their sails...

if those two crime riddled countries are a "success", what teh hell do they call a FAILURE.......

SW

rahatlakhoom
12-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Swiss seem to have a system.
They are gun happy.

I went to a range in France in 2007.
A fellow let me fire some weapons.
An M1 carbine was converted to a single feed.
Each round had to be fed by hand then fired.
That made me appreciate what we still have here in US.

At least some Euro countries allow ownership.
One would think that after WW2 citizens would have deep stockpiles
of all types of firearms. As a deterrent against aggression.
What do I know?

El Laton Caliente
12-01-2011, 08:09 AM
if those two crime riddled countries are a "success", what teh hell do they call a FAILURE.......

SW

It's typical Brady Center cooked numbers. Both countries skew numbers lower so that is what the Brady Center uses.

ace123
12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
God bless the USA ... : 0 )