PDA

View Full Version : Polish underfolder??

Infidel
12-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi, I'm looking at a Polish Underfolder that is a Century build. Good or flee?? Figured I'd ask here first. I have a Zastava that I'm in the middle of converting and thought I'd get a companion rifle. Thanks

bigj480
12-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Like most Century builds, it's hit or miss. If you can check it out yourself then I would not turn it down for the right price.

imanaknut
12-12-2011, 11:21 PM
yep, Century builds are pot luck. I have seen really good ones and really bad ones. Also as stated, if you can check the rifle before buying, you stand a better chance of picking one that is better built.

Don't know how far you are into AKs, so forgive me if this is old info, but check to make sure the gas and sight blocks are on straight (line up vertically with the receiver), make sure all the rivets are bucked properly, with factory heads unblemished and formed heads nicely flattened. Also the gas piston should be slightly loose on the bolt carrier. Century has a habit of welding them and if welded on crooked can cause problems.

If built on an NDS receiver (NoDak Spud) you are already ahead since the geometry of all the holes should be right on.

SweetPete
01-25-2012, 05:17 PM
I see this is almost 3 months old, but I got a used Centruy underfolder this last year and it is rock solid! Straight sights, no wobble in the stock.... I couldn't be happier with it. I refinished it a few months ago. I'll try to post some pics.

AKM-47
05-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Hi, I'm looking at a Polish Underfolder that is a Century build. Good or flee?? Figured I'd ask here first. I have a Zastava that I'm in the middle of converting and thought I'd get a companion rifle. Thanks

Go with a Interarms Polish underfolder

It's a whole lot better than a Century and it comes with a chrome barrel