PDA

View Full Version : Sinkgate! Cops Steal Occupy Boston's Sink

LAGC
12-02-2011, 02:43 AM
I think it's the Twitter meme of the day:

BostonPhoenix Boston Phoenix
Video: @Boston_Police just stole #occupyBoston's sink. Retaliation for today's court win? #sinkgate t.co/fXQA4Boz

Occupants now changing Twitter profile pics to #sinks in solidarity with sink seized tonight in bizarro BPD raid #sinkgate #occupyboston

Perhaps #occupyboston can do prisoner exchange with BPD for #sink? RT @bobb529: @BostonPhoenix turn over the sink dammit

jaykelly26 Jay Kelly
America is in a sad state when a #sink is a political prisoner... FREE THE SINK! #Occupyboston #ows #oo #osf

radicaloptimist martin dagoberto
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they take your #sink, then you win. #almost #OWS #OccupyBoston #occupythesink

Geez, how are those "filthy hippies" supposed to wash with no sink? :)

Dumb cops. Stealing their shit and calling them dirty. It's the cops who are dirty.

TEN-32
12-02-2011, 08:09 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/adam-carolla-breaks-down-occupy-movement-fking-self-entitled-monsters/

Krupski
12-02-2011, 08:28 AM

Dumb cops. Stealing their shit and calling them dirty. It's the cops who are dirty.

What is the octothorpe symbol supposed to mean as in "#almost #OWS #OccupyBoston #occupythesink" ??

LAGC
12-02-2011, 10:56 AM
What is the octothorpe symbol supposed to mean as in "#almost #OWS #OccupyBoston #occupythesink" ??

You mean you've never seen a Twitter feed before?

That symbol (#) signifies a "hashtag" (or keyword) that you can use to search/filter any given topic anyone tweets about.

The AT-symbol (@) is used when directing a comment to a particular Twitter user.

"RT" means "Re-Tweet", or echoing someone else's comments on your own feed.

El Jefe
12-02-2011, 11:03 AM

That symbol (#) signifies a "hashtag" (or keyword) that you can use to search/filter any given topic anyone tweets about.

The AT-symbol (@) is used when directing a comment to a particular Twitter user.

Shouldn't you be out looking for a decent job, or going to school or something? This whole occupy nonsense is yet another waste of time, you need to get with it and at least make an effort.

LAGC
12-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Shouldn't you be out looking for a decent job, or going to school or something? This whole occupy nonsense is yet another waste of time, you need to get with it and at least make an effort.

I plan on going back to school as soon as I get my credit re-established so I can qualify for some student loans. (My credit history was kind of shot when I was abruptly kidnapped by the state 7 years ago and held hostage against my will.)

In the meantime, I've got plenty of time on my hands. :)

Warthogg
12-02-2011, 11:11 AM

Anderson Coopers tweet. Warthoggs do not tweet.

If my good fortune continues, I shall remain....tweetless.

Wart

El Jefe
12-02-2011, 11:15 AM
I plan on going back to school as soon as I get my credit re-established so I can qualify for some student loans. (My credit history was kind of shot when I was abruptly kidnapped by the state 7 years ago and held hostage against my will.)

In the meantime, I've got plenty of time on my hands. :)

You're making excuses. You could, if you wanted to, take and pay for one class at a time. But instead, you look for scapegoats, and waste more time that you don't have. No one cares if you end up a failure, this is on you, only you control your destiny.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Here's a female version of LAGC.......OHHH THE IRONY will almost explode your head....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bavou_SEj1E#t=131s

LAGC
12-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Here's a female version of LAGC.......OHHH THE IRONY will almost explode your head....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bavou_SEj1E#t=131s

No, that's what happens when you get folks believing that birth control and abortion are evil, and that bringing more kids into the world brings extra joy and happiness in the after-life like so many religions teach.

I'm not going to be party to contributing to the over-population of this planet, thank you very much.

Don't have no kids and don't expect to. If anything, I might try to adopt someday -- give an unwanted kid some hope and opportunity.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-02-2011, 03:46 PM
No, that's what happens when you get folks believing that birth control and abortion are evil, and that bringing more kids into the world brings extra joy and happiness in the after-life like so many religions teach.

I'm not going to be party to contributing to the over-population of this planet, thank you very much.

Don't have no kids and don't expect to. If anything, I might try to adopt someday -- give an unwanted kid some hope and opportunity.

Guess the point I was making went right over your head, but I'm sure everyone else will get it.

LAGC
12-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Guess the point I was making went right over your head, but I'm sure everyone else will get it.

And what point is that? That I think I'm "entitled" to something?

I think its more of a matter of seeing that the next generation has as many opportunities to succeed as the last generation did.

But with the top 1% hogging over half of the economic pie, we're increasingly seeing the rest of us (the 99%) fighting over the scraps.

That shouldn't be what America is about.

El Jefe
12-02-2011, 04:35 PM

Dude, you suck at giving yourself hope and opportunity. Why don't you get your own fucked up affairs in order before you try to ruin the life of some poor kid. The idea of you raising a child makes me ill. But then knowing how expensive it is to adopt, I feel better, because you'll never be able to afford it.

LAGC
12-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Dude, you suck at giving yourself hope and opportunity. Why don't you get your own fucked up affairs in order before you try to ruin the life of some poor kid. The idea of you raising a child makes me ill. But then knowing how expensive it is to adopt, I feel better, because you'll never be able to afford it.

Oh believe me, I'll wait until I'm making at least 50K before I burden myself so. :)

El Jefe
12-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Oh believe me, I'll wait until I'm making at least 50K before I burden myself so. :)

I don't think you understand how expensive children are. And uh, don't you also need a wife before you think of starting a family?

You're doomed, dude.

LAGC
12-02-2011, 05:00 PM
I don't think you understand how expensive children are. And uh, don't you also need a wife before you think of starting a family?

You're doomed, dude.

If my girlfriend and I ever get hitched, we'll take the matter under advisement.

The institution of marriage is WAY over-rated any how... people get married then they hate each other and constantly fight. What's wrong with long-term cohabitation instead? I never much cared for contracts that were a pain to get out of... seems more natural to remain in a voluntary, not coerced relationship. ;)

alismith
12-02-2011, 05:54 PM
If my girlfriend and I ever get hitched, we'll take the matter under advisement.

The institution of marriage is WAY over-rated any how... people get married then they hate each other and constantly fight.

Yeah, this works real well for all those inner city youths. They have to look up "father" in the dictionary to see what the word means. Their male, sperm donor progenitor, and whore-mother had that very same philosophy.

What's wrong with long-term cohabitation instead? I never much cared for contracts that were a pain to get out of... seems more natural to remain in a voluntary, not coerced relationship. ;)

Therein lies the problem with your way of thinking. You are planning on going into a marriage (IF you ever marry) with the idea that it's not going to last, anyway. That sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me. I guess you're right. It's better for you to not get married as you place no value on the concept of love.

1 Patriot-of-many
12-03-2011, 04:12 AM
And what point is that? That I think I'm "entitled" to something?

I think its more of a matter of seeing that the next generation has as many opportunities to succeed as the last generation did.

But with the top 1% hogging over half of the economic pie, we're increasingly seeing the rest of us (the 99%) fighting over the scraps.

That shouldn't be what America is about. No, that you much like her believe someone else is responsible for the outcome of your actions. Did you listen to her right at the beginning? LOL somebody needs to be held accountable and somebody needs to pay.... That was rich! Exactly what you spout all the time.....

I seriously have to wonder though, who would F her 15 times to begin with?

old Grump
12-03-2011, 01:01 PM

Authorities have banned protesters from bringing material that could be used to convert the encampment into a permanent dwelling. The so-called contraband includes construction material such as wood and kitchen sinks.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/12/occupy_boston_protesters_arres.html

Why didn't you post the link as to why the police took the sink? Oh wait, rich people are rich and poor people aren't so poor people have a right to occupy public or private property and build permanent structures and we are supposed to donate to support them. Boo Hoo freaking Hoo!

sevlex
12-03-2011, 01:27 PM
http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/gallery/lt2ts9-b78863470z.120111014150515000g7v12pk4e.1.jpg