PDA

View Full Version : Huntsman

mriddick
12-02-2011, 07:07 AM
http://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/30/the-huntsman-handicap/?src=twr

Huntsman has none of Romney’s health care baggage, and unlike the former Massachusetts governor, he didn’t spend the last decade flip-flopping on gun rights, immigration and abortion. Meanwhile, on many of the highest-profile issues of the primary season (the individual mandate, Paul Ryan’s House budget, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac), he has arguably been more consistently conservative than Gingrich.

I use Huntsman as the foil against the Romney and Gingrich supporters I've talked to. Anytime they start selling "their guy" I've been able to convince them no matter what position their guy has Huntsman is better/more conservative/less flip flops. I even got a couple to switch now, it's sort of funny to watch them get that confused look in their eyes when they realize compared to their guy in every way Huntsman is better.

I claim to have no idea about his true electability (seems a long shot) or why he had a pretty good conservative record and decided running away from it was a good idea, but IMO if you're already the type to vote for the two knuckleheads at the top there's no harm in throwing Huntsman into the mix... :) If you're running into any Romney/Gingrich supporters you might want to bring up Huntsman (trust me if they are already open to voting for R/G they aren't ever going to vote Ron Paul :) ).

Schuetzenman
12-02-2011, 07:12 AM
Hutsman = RINO just like Mitt gun banner Romney. :pissin-chipmunk:Huntsman

samiam
12-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Every campaign has to have a strategy, Huntsman has bet everything on NH if he doesn't come in 1st or 2nd he'll fold then try to get the VP slot or a cabinet position

El Jefe
12-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Didn't Huntsman recently hold a position in the Obama administration? :hitler:

Warthogg
12-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Didn't Huntsman recently hold a position in the Obama administration? :hitler:

Yup

Wart

Warthogg
12-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Barry nominated Huntsman to be Ambassador to China and he was unanimously approved by the Senate.

Wart

El Jefe
12-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Yes, I thought this was it. So in other words, he's the guy that's been in China greasing the skids so our jobs could go over there. Great. :hitler:

mriddick
12-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Hutsman = RINO just like Mitt gun banner Romney. :pissin-chipmunk:Huntsman

I think you might want to look at his gun stance if you think he's antigun, he's probably not as good as say Ron Paul but better then Mitt by a long shot or even past incarnations of Gingrich.

His biggest failing amongst conservatives seems to be he was ambassador to China in the obama admin, his biggest failing as a candidate has been trying to run as a moderate for the general when he's more conservative then either of the so called front running conservatives we got.

I'm not saying I would or to vote for the guy but if are the type to vote Mitt or Gingrich (and some around here seem to be preaching that) then that type of person should have no problem voting Huntsman as well and if you looked into him you might find he's a better fit philosophically then you might think. At this point he's no first choice but I'd rather see him in front over Romney or Gingrich by a large measure.

Penguin
12-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Yes, I thought this was it. So in other words, he's the guy that's been in China greasing the skids so our jobs could go over there. Great. :hitler:

Yeah basicly and tring to smooth over the arguments we have when it comes to the comparative value of our currencies.

mrkalashnikov
12-02-2011, 06:45 PM
I think he has nicer hair and is better looking than Mitt, so I'll probably be voting for him. :thumbsup:

imanaknut
12-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Lately I figure if the news media is against someone, or ignoring them, they must be good. Since Huntsman is being ignored by the know it all media, he must be worth looking at.